This and more...

petros
+4
Several of Canada’s premiers aren’t reacting well to the federal government’s gun ban announcement, saying it doesn’t do anything to combat gun crime and the vast money being promised by the Trudeau government could have been better spent elsewhere.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...udeaus-gun-ban

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Oh good lord. You are still denying you support the old restricted gun laws.

Oh good lord. You are still being an effin' ass by continuing to claim I support the old restricted gun laws...

Serryah

Several of Canadaís premiers arenít reacting well to the federal governmentís gun ban announcement, saying it doesnít do anything to combat gun crime and the vast money being promised by the Trudeau government could have been better spent elsewhere.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...udeaus-gun-ban

Several does not equal everybody.

And still most people support it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6982152/c...an-ipsos-poll/

So... which do we go with? Or do I need to guess?

petros
+2
Does "majority of premiers, mayors and cop chiefs" make you feel better?

Are the "majority of people" as ill informed as you are? Are they doing the right thing? Are their emotions being played?

Serryah

Does "majority of premiers, mayors and cop chiefs" make you feel better?

It's not "everybody". You said everybody.

Are the "majority of people" as ill informed as you are? Are they doing the right thing? Are their emotions being played?

They're probably about as ill informed as you are.

Who knows if they're doing the right thing.

Likely emotions are being played, by both sides of the debate.

petros
+1
Good Lord.

Do you work for CRA?

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Several does not equal everybody.
And still most people support it.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6982152/c...an-ipsos-poll/
So... which do we go with? Or do I need to guess?

It would depend on how the poll was conducted and who paid for it. Mostly they tend to use a very small sample group and extrapolate the results. For example the same question asked about guns in Vancouver will not get you the same results if asked in Northern BC or even the North Island. There is a huge disconnect between the lower mainland/Victoria and the rest of the province both culturally and economics. I suspect the same is true across the country.

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

It would depend on how the poll was conducted and who paid for it. Mostly they tend to use a very small sample group and extrapolate the results. For example the same question asked about guns in Vancouver will not get you the same results if asked in Northern BC or even the North Island. There is a huge disconnect between the lower mainland/Victoria and the rest of the province both culturally and economics. I suspect the same is true across the country.

Depends on the Province. Where I live you get the same response from rural or urban. We want something done about gangs using guns not the guns.

Twin_Moose
+3
Media manipulation is a big part of it, out West when asked about guns like Pete just wrote we say you we want guns taken from gangs and thugs, the media will write Western Canadians want guns taken away.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Media manipulation is a big part of it, out West when asked about guns like Pete just wrote we say you we want guns taken from gangs and thugs, the media will write Western Canadians want guns taken away.

That is another reason why it is good to know who paid for the poll, how questions were worded and just where it was conducted.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That is another reason why it is good to know who paid for the poll, how questions were worded and just where it was conducted.

So context matters when it's for things you care about, but doesn't when it's something you're against?

Got'cha.

petros
+3
I think he means "I take polls with a grain of salt" but that's just my opinion.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

So context matters when it's for things you care about, but doesn't when it's something you're against?
Got'cha.

How did you come up with that? Take too many meds or not enough?