Gun Control is Completely Useless.


taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#6901
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I ain't sure what Ms DeVos is advocating, fullstop. Nobody else seems to know, either. She is your education Secretary because Pence considers her to be tame. Anyway, everybody knows that kindergarten teachers with guns in holsters on their hips will make America great, again. If they happen to be thirteen year old kindergarten teachers, it would surprise me not. The only thing that prevents your country from being the laughing stock of the planet is how incredibly dangerous the position of President can be to us all in the hands of a crazy person.

Fortunately with the election of Trump that disaster was averted for at least the next 4 years.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6902
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I ain't sure what Ms DeVos is advocating, fullstop. Nobody else seems to know, either. She is your education Secretary because Pence considers her to be tame. Anyway, everybody knows that kindergarten teachers with guns in holsters on their hips will make America great, again. If they happen to be thirteen year old kindergarten teachers, it would surprise me not. The only thing that prevents your country from being the laughing stock of the planet is how incredibly dangerous the position of President can be to us all in the hands of a crazy person.

So basically you just make up sh*t and start yelling.

#NoLivesMatter
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6903
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You mean, so all the teachers between 13 and 21 can carry guns?

#NoLivesMatter

Do teachers now set the laws??? Geez things have gone so much further than I could possibly have envisioned. I guess Canada needs to build it's own wall!!

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Fortunately with the election of Trump that disaster was averted for at least the next 4 years.

Are you mad!! Yes I guess you are!!

LOL, do you realize that Trump is giving tax breaks to the rich. When the debt becomes so much worse, guess who will be payiing the bill to get the US out of trouble once again? Just in case you have not realized the cycle yet...It will be the middle class!!

Smarten up!! The Republican view is "Take care of the rich, The money will trickle down in jobs & companies".....LMAO With all the jobs going to the countries with a bit cheaper salaries, how is that working??
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Feb 11th, 2017 at 05:54 PM..
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#6904
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So basically you just make up sh*t and start yelling.

#NoLivesMatter

Hey. It's your crumbling, fukced up country at stake, not mine.
 
bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
#6905
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

The right's vision is to have all teachers, armed in the classrooms!! In fact I foresee the attempt to lower the gun carrying age to 13 or14 to solve the problem. What is it with the knee-jerk reaction to sensible control of guns!!


Are you doing cheap drugs or what? The Left's vision is to have all schools "gun free zones". The Right is not the exact opposite to that; not all teachers would want to be armed, nor should they be, especially some that come to mind, but for those who wish to put in the time and effort to be trained and qualified it should be their choice.


The last high school my kids attended was supposedly a gun free zone, (certainly not drug free), but the RCMP and HRP were a constant presence, and guess what? THEY CARRY GUNS Duh!!!


Gun free zones, as the left would have it, relegates all law abiding citizens in those zones potential fatalities, that is the cold hard truth. Criminals don't obey laws and the pure evil disguised as righteousness of the Left is to mandate that law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless. This self righteousness should reserve them a special place in Hell.


Do you also foresee the attempt to lower the drinking, driving, enlistment, voting etc. age to 13 or 14? Get a grip.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#6906
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

Are you doing cheap drugs or what? The Left's vision is to have all schools "gun free zones". The Right is not the exact opposite to that; not all teachers would want to be armed, nor should they be, especially some that come to mind, but for those who wish to put in the time and effort to be trained and qualified it should be their choice.


The last high school my kids attended was supposedly a gun free zone, (certainly not drug free), but the RCMP and HRP were a constant presence, and guess what? THEY CARRY GUNS Duh!!!


Gun free zones, as the left would have it, relegates all law abiding citizens in those zones potential fatalities, that is the cold hard truth. Criminals don't obey laws and the pure evil disguised as righteousness of the Left is to mandate that law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless. This self righteousness should reserve them a special place in Hell.


Do you also foresee the attempt to lower the drinking, driving, enlistment, voting etc. age to 13 or 14? Get a grip.

Actually not so long ago we were discussing the idea of lowering the voter age to 16 .
No one wanted to come to grips with the fact that kids would certainly vote for lowering the drinking age if they could .
 
bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
#6907
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Actually not so long ago we were discussing the idea of lowering the voter age to 16 .
No one wanted to come to grips with the fact that kids would certainly vote for lowering the drinking age if they could .


Yeah but a rather indisputable argument for lowering, or not, the voting age would be; if you don't pay tax, you don't vote. If those under 18 are required to pay income tax and are allowed to sign contracts, then, yes they should be allowed to vote, and made to pay taxes. Otherwise enjoy the free ride while you still can, 'cause it ain't gonna be free for much longer.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6908
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

Are you doing cheap drugs or what? The Left's vision is to have all schools "gun free zones". The Right is not the exact opposite to that; not all teachers would want to be armed, nor should they be, especially some that come to mind, but for those who wish to put in the time and effort to be trained and qualified it should be their choice.


The last high school my kids attended was supposedly a gun free zone, (certainly not drug free), but the RCMP and HRP were a constant presence, and guess what? THEY CARRY GUNS Duh!!!


Gun free zones, as the left would have it, relegates all law abiding citizens in those zones potential fatalities, that is the cold hard truth. Criminals don't obey laws and the pure evil disguised as righteousness of the Left is to mandate that law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless. This self righteousness should reserve them a special place in Hell.


Do you also foresee the attempt to lower the drinking, driving, enlistment, voting etc. age to 13 or 14? Get a grip.

I assume you are speaking as a Canadian. That is how we think, But I was replying to an American, it is very different there, There the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms because the colony was too young to form a proper army when that document was written. This has evolved to the the ridiculous state the US now finds itself in,

I cannot envision all the citizens of the US gathering all their arms to challenge their own government's army can you?. Hmmm,,,,maybe I will change my mind on that idea within the next couple of years,
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#6909
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I assume you are speaking as a Canadian. That is how we think, But I was replying to an American, it is very different there, There the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms because the colony was too young to form a proper army when that document was written. This has evolved to the the ridiculous state the US now finds itself in,

I cannot envision all the citizens of the US gathering all their arms to challenge their own government's army can you?. Hmmm,,,,maybe I will change my mind on that idea within the next couple of years,

You really don't have a clue how many gun owners live in Canada do you ?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#6910
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You really don't have a clue how many gun owners live in Canada do you ?

You probably don't, either. Where is it that you live, again?
 
bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
#6911
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I assume you are speaking as a Canadian. That is how we think, But I was replying to an American, it is very different there, There the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms because the colony was too young to form a proper army when that document was written. This has evolved to the the ridiculous state the US now finds itself in,

I cannot envision all the citizens of the US gathering all their arms to challenge their own government's army can you?. Hmmm,,,,maybe I will change my mind on that idea within the next couple of years,


The founding fathers didn't pull the second amendment out of their ar$es either. It actually originated from the 1689 English bill of rights where the right to bear arms was suspended to Protestants by King James II, leading to his overthrow and those rights were re-instated. Unfortunately for the Brits, they have no constitution to fall back on, something the Yanks had the foresight to enact, like it or not.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#6912
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

The founding fathers didn't pull the second amendment out of their ar$es either. It actually originated from the 1689 English bill of rights where the right to bear arms was suspended to Protestants by King James II, leading to his overthrow and those rights were re-instated. Unfortunately for the Brits, they have no constitution to fall back on, something the Yanks had the foresight to enact, like it or not.

Don't bother man.....That silly old bird will argue about one side of the border, then switch to the other side to validate a false argument...she rambles all over the place.....probably low blood 02
 
JamesBondo
+2
#6913
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I assume you are speaking as a Canadian. That is how we think, But I was replying to an American, it is very different there, There the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms because the colony was too young to form a proper army when that document was written. This has evolved to the the ridiculous state the US now finds itself in,

I cannot envision all the citizens of the US gathering all their arms to challenge their own government's army can you?. Hmmm,,,,maybe I will change my mind on that idea within the next couple of years,

I would call this post willful idiocy.

Quote:

I cannot envision all the citizens of the US gathering all their arms to challenge their own government's army can you?

You are willfully forgetting and denying the war of independance.

Quote:

But I was replying to an American, it is very different there, There the constitution guarantees the right to bear arms because the colony was too young to form a proper army when that document was written.

Are you a twit?. You are saying that somewhere between the declaration of independance and the 2nd ammendment, the founding fathers changed their minds about citizens being armed. You need to read more about John locke. And his influence on the declaration of independance.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#6914
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You really don't have a clue how many gun owners live in Canada do you ?

You could have ended that after six words,
 
Tecumsehsbones
#6915
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post




You are willfully forgetting and denying the war of independance.

And the Civil War. And Shays's Rebellion. And the Whiskey Rebellion. And a dozen-odd others.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#6916
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And the Civil War. And Shays's Rebellion. And the Whiskey Rebellion. And a dozen-odd others.

... Little big Horn, Wounded Knee, Waco, Oklahoma city, ...
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#6917
If gun controls are so useless.... how come there are so few ideas that would work better re the gun factor. and deal with the gun culture as it has become ?? Or do folks want no regulations at all when it comes to weapons?? A kind f free for all.... wit easy access t weapons to all regardless of mental stability , age etc??

With Trump being in bed with the NRA and his desire to deregulate..... folks might just get that free for all , no limits , kind of gun culture atty the gun lovers want so bad. What is it with the gun fanatics that they're so terrified someone might take their weapons away from them?? Regardless of how one looks at it...the situation has serious insanity component to it. Many people get one just fine without ever having a gun in their home or even come close to to one.

In many ways.a gun culture as it exists now in the US is a self perpetuating phenomena. There is no motivation to change it either.

So...if they are so in love with guns, or believe they NEED them so badly.... let them have as many as they want. But don['t pretend to be shocked or horrified wehn mass shootings take place. They are the natural progression of a gun culture. Deal with it. All the candle light vigils in the world will not assuage the fact that guns come first in most of the fanatics minds .... and shooting are just cutting their losses.

If that sounds cold.... then ask yourself what this gun fetish is all about to begin with. It has NOTING to do with self protection.... Because if one needs THAT much self protection then one lives in a barbaric and unsafe country to begin with.......and that excludes any terrorist activity .

In some ways it is too late. The genie is out of the bottle.... and it is anyone's guess as to how this gun culture will end up..... but one can imagine a few ugly scenarios.
 
Mowich
Conservative
#6918
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

also the knife wielders, the pressure cooker bombers, and the truck drivers

Ladders.............you forgot the Ladders!

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I ain't sure what Ms DeVos is advocating, fullstop. Nobody else seems to know, either. She is your education Secretary because Pence considers her to be tame. Anyway, everybody knows that kindergarten teachers with guns in holsters on their hips will make America great, again. If they happen to be thirteen year old kindergarten teachers, it would surprise me not. The only thing that prevents your country from being the laughing stock of the planet is how incredibly dangerous the position of President can be to us all in the hands of a crazy person.

De Vos' idea of a well run education system begins and ends in the hands of unaccountable privately run charter schools. Talk about the dumbing down of America, under her stewardship it will be full speed ahead to disaster. This woman is some piece of work.

"A religious wingnut of the highest order, the West Michigan native married into Amway money (her husband Dick is part owner of the Orlando Magic and the entire DeVos clan is worth over $5 billion, according to Forbes ) and has made it her life’s work to wage war on public schools in her home state, with a special and successful focus on Detroit’s public-education system. Your average market-humping moron, when they talk about school choice, simply means that they want to encourage the use of public schools as profit center. DeVos, a visionary in her way, is for abolishing them entirely."

~~~~~

"In 2001, after the ballot initiative was rejected, she formed the Great Lakes Education Project (GLEP) with her husband. They wasted no time. In 2002, according to Politico , GLEP had more money than the United Auto Workers or the state’s most powerful teachers’ union or any Democratic-affiliated PAC in the state. GLEP got to work bullying lawmakers and launching attack ads, and the fight for unchecked charter expansion and school choice in Michigan was underway. The landmark Citizens United case in 2010 made their lives even easier and enabled them to wholeheartedly use their immense wealth to shape school reform. GLEP has a 501(c)(4), the GLEP Education Fund, which allows it to accept unlimited contributions without disclosure."

~~~~

"Massachusetts, where a ballot measure that would have lifted the cap on charter expansion was shot down this fall, has what a report from the Education Trust-Midwest called “an unrelenting commitment to accountability.” The state of Michigan has roughly 40 authorizers—the entities that grant charters to schools and are supposed to manage and monitor performance—whereas Massachusetts has only one: the state board of education.

The lax regulations and lack of accountability have contributed to a proliferation of for-profit charters in Michigan. Roughly 80 percent of charters in Michigan are for profit, more than any other in the country—and they don’t have to answer to anyone."

~~~~

"Everyone I spoke with expressed their complete horror over a billionaire member of the donor class with no experience working in education who has used her family money to intimidate lawmakers and turn Michigan’s schools into her own test kitchen being set to rule our schools. But no one put it in as succinct and terrifying a way as Terrence Martin, a 41-year-old lifelong Detroiter, former DPS teacher, and current executive vice president of the Detroit Federation of Teachers.

“She’s singlehandedly responsible for financing the demise of our school district. You know the fact that charter schools in our city have no accountability and no oversight, is all DeVos measure, to dismantle public education. The fact that we did not get a Detroit Education Commission in the last DPS legislation has DeVos written all over it. What it would have allowed was for some regulation of the opening and closing of schools. Essentially what has happened because there is no regulation, neighborhoods are being dismantled by school closures,” he said, his voice rising.

This is the doing of Betsy DeVos and other Republican lawmakers who do not value quality education for black and brown children. So now the nation is going to see what a Betsy DeVos-run, financed government can do. It’s happened here in Michigan, and now it could potentially happen throughout the country. The country is about to see a dismantling of public education.”

Betsy DeVos Is Coming For Your Children
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#6919
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

; are the RCMP sane? You decide.



Some are, some aren't, as in every other profession!
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#6920
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

If gun controls are so useless.... how come there are so few ideas that would work better re the gun factor. and deal with the gun culture as it has become ?? Or do folks want no regulations at all when it comes to weapons?? A kind f free for all.... wit easy access t weapons to all regardless of mental stability , age etc??

With Trump being in bed with the NRA and his desire to deregulate..... folks might just get that free for all , no limits , kind of gun culture atty the gun lovers want so bad. What is it with the gun fanatics that they're so terrified someone might take their weapons away from them?? Regardless of how one looks at it...the situation has serious insanity component to it. Many people get one just fine without ever having a gun in their home or even come close to to one.

In many ways.a gun culture as it exists now in the US is a self perpetuating phenomena. There is no motivation to change it either.

So...if they are so in love with guns, or believe they NEED them so badly.... let them have as many as they want. But don['t pretend to be shocked or horrified wehn mass shootings take place. They are the natural progression of a gun culture. Deal with it. All the candle light vigils in the world will not assuage the fact that guns come first in most of the fanatics minds .... and shooting are just cutting their losses.

If that sounds cold.... then ask yourself what this gun fetish is all about to begin with. It has NOTING to do with self protection.... Because if one needs THAT much self protection then one lives in a barbaric and unsafe country to begin with.......and that excludes any terrorist activity .

In some ways it is too late. The genie is out of the bottle.... and it is anyone's guess as to how this gun culture will end up..... but one can imagine a few ugly scenarios.

Maybe because someone is always willing to shoot back . It is kind of sobering when you realize someone might shoot back .
 
JamesBondo
+1
#6921
All that is needed for the triumph of evil, is good people do nothing.
 
bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+1
#6922
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Don't bother man.....That silly old bird will argue about one side of the border, then switch to the other side to validate a false argument...she rambles all over the place.....probably low blood 02


I know, but it took about six minutes of my life I wasn't doing anything else with
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6923
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Okay folks, I went crazy.

I got thinking about the insistence of the anti-gun folks that we don't want to be like the AMERICANS, with no gun control, and blood running in the streets! I had read that murder was so high in American ghettoes that it skewed national figures, as (obviously) there could be social causes for murder in those circumstances.........SOOOOOO

I went looking to isolate two populations, as close as possible in population make-up, culture, etc, with the ONLY difference being gun control laws. I settled on the west, the provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta in Canada, and the three American states that border them, Montana, North Dakota, and Minnesota. These seemed to be the best examples, as they are the two areas of Canada and the United States that are the most alike in population culture, etc., yet most different in gun legislation.

Let me lay it out for you.

In Canada, before you buy a long gun, you must pass a safety course, undergo an investigation, get references including your spouse, obtain a license, and register the firearm. Most military semi-autos are prohibited. Semi-auto rifles can only have magazines with 5 rounds

In these states, if you want the semi-auto version of the American military M-16, you walk into the gun store, put down your cash, buy the piece and as many 30 round magazines as you like. You wait a federally-mandated 7 days, and go get your rifle. No license, no registration, no course, any rifle is OK.

In Canada, the vast majority of handguns are prohibited. If you want a handgun, you must either be a collector, or a target shooter. Self-defense is NOT allowed. You must have a long gun license (see above), pass ANOTHER course, and register your pistol. You must belong to a gun club, and you are ONLY allowed to transfer the weapon back and forth from the club to home, it must be trigger locked, and in a locked case.

If you want a handgun in any of these states, it is exactly the same as the process for buying a military "assault" rifle in the Sates, as laid out above. No license, no registration, no course, no NOTHING. NO handguns are prohibited.

In Canada, getting a license to carry a handgun is practically impossible.

In these states, the gov't MUST give you a license to carry a handgun for self-defense if you don't have a criminal record.

Just to make it clear, here are the ratings for the states given by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: Montana (F), North Dakota (D), Minnesota ( C-)

Believe me, Canada would get an A+++ from Sarah Brady.

So, Canada is a wonderful, peaceful place where everyone is safe and happy, but step across the border and you trip over bodies and fall into the mess of blood, guts and expended shell casings, right?

Well, maybe not.

MURDER RATES
------------------------2000...2001...2002...2003...2004
Manitoba------------ 2.61...2.95...3.12...3.70... 4.27 (per 100,000)
(2002 - 1,151,000)-----30.....34......36.....43..... 49 (murders)

Saskatchewan------2.58...2.70... 2.71...4.12...3.92
(2002 - 1,000,000).... 26.... 27..... 27.....41.....39

Alberta---------------1.96...2.29... 2.25...2.03...2.69
(2002 - 3,056,000).... 60.....70......69.....62 .... 82

Montana.............1.80...3.80....1.80...3.30...3 .20
(2003 - 917,000).......17.....35......17......30.....29

North Dakota.......0.60...1.10... 0.80....1.90...1.40
(2003 - 633,000)........4.......7.......5......12.......9

Minnesota..........3.10... 2.40... 2.20... 2.50...2.20
(2003 - 5,059,000)..157.....121.....111....126....111

HERE'S THE SHOCKER!


MURDER RATES PER 100,000
----------------------------------2000...2001...2002...2003...2004
Canada West-----------------2.22----2.52----2.54---2.80----3.26 (per 100,000)
Population 5,207,000........116.... 131.....132....146....170 (murders)

USA Northwest---------------2.69----2.47----2.01---2.54----2.25
Population 6,609,000........178.... 163......133....168.....149

GUN CONTROL IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!
BTW Figuring this out took me HOURS.............Canadian stats are from Stats Canada, American Stats on population are from U.S. Population by State, 1790 to 2015

American Stats on murder rates are from http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...cid=12&did=169

Facts on state gun laws are from Home | ASK - Asking Saves Kids

Math concerned is by ME.

Edited to say: DAMN, I had those all set out in coherent tables, but all spacing disappeared when I submitted it........so (being computer illiterate) I've used spacers......sorry about that)

I do believe I have mentioned before about the way gun stats were gathered after the CDC by the Republicans, was deprived of funding just in the exact amount of collecting gun stats, along with the orders they were not to continue reporting such stats, As a result none of the statistics in those years are worth a look,

Well when the Democrats were in they changed the funding again and guess what? The stats prove without doubt gun control does work!!


2014 Montana homicides by gun 16.1 per 100,000 North Dakota homicides by gun 2014 12.3 per 100,000 Minnesota homicides by gun 2014 per 100,000 6.6 (the lowest of the lot )

2014 stats for Manitoba, Sask, & Alberta all average 1.45 across the board for 100,000 during the same period.

When the stats are properly collected it presents a very different picture,

Oh by the way for every homicide by guns, it is reported they are two others wounded by guns during the same period in the US,
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Feb 13th, 2017 at 02:36 PM..
 
JamesBondo
+1
#6924
twit
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
#6925
Its funny they let the skitzo from the Manitoba Bus Beheading go free with no strings attached but the government still treats gun owners like theyre criminals....

Weird aint it?
 
bobnoorduyn
Free Thinker
+2
#6926
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

I do believe I have mentioned before about the way gun stats were gathered after the CDC by the Republicans, was deprived of funding just in the exact amount of collecting gun stats, along with the orders they were not to continue reporting such stats, As a result none of the statistics in those years are worth a look,

Well when the Democrats were in they changed the funding again and guess what? The stats prove without doubt gun control does work!!


So you're admitting that stat collection and dissemination can be politically motivated? Why, then, do you think that those collected by likeminded folk as yourself represent the truth? In fact, some years ago the CDC embarked on a study to find the correlation between gun control and lower violent crime, (pigeonholing one type of crime gives a terribly inaccurate picture), and being somewhat biased as you, found the opposite to be true.
 
JamesBondo
#6927
I remember that CDC report. It was commissioned by Obama as one of his '3xecutive orders' in the wake of the sand hook trajedy. But its conclusions were quite favorable for lawful gun owners the gun control lobby tried to bury it. Bluebyrd has ignored/denied the report several times on this thread.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6928
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

So you're admitting that stat collection and dissemination can be politically motivated? Why, then, do you think that those collected by likeminded folk as yourself represent the truth? In fact, some years ago the CDC embarked on a study to find the correlation between gun control and lower violent crime, (pigeonholing one type of crime gives a terribly inaccurate picture), and being somewhat biased as you, found the opposite to be true.

How strange what the heck am I admitting? Those stats came from The Center for Disease Control of the US Government and Stats Can For Canada, They are NOT mine, And yes, in the US the collection of gun statistic at the time they were cancelled by the Republicans was definitely politically motivated, At the time the decision to take the collection of data out of the hands of CDC is BECAUSE they were getting too high to cover up. and the NRA & the gun lobby were very unhappy about that. Obama's simply took the opportunity to return funding to the CDC. He did not change the LAW! He simply returned the funding to the collection of accurate data.

James do you find it odd that the homicides since the collecting of stats was restored to the CDC how much higher they became in such a short time period?? How many times did I mention on this site, that the collection of stats by 50 different sites was deceptive?? All I got was flack, just as I am getting now. As far as the CDC report went, they only reluctantly went back to keeping them because, those responsible for collecting them were getting deaths threats,

I have repeatedly over the years pointed out the actual FACTS but heck, why bother with anything like actual facts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Its funny they let the skitzo from the Manitoba Bus Beheading go free with no strings attached but the government still treats gun owners like theyre criminals....

Weird aint it?

Excuse me but, what has how Canadian law treats those suffering from mental disorders to do with how the US Government collects certain gun data on homicides??
 
JamesBondo
#6929
The us stats coming from bmuebyrd have always been deceptive.

Two thirds of your 33k deaths per year are suicides. Most Canadians support assisted suicide, we don't agree with the way bluebyrd's numbers are being manipulated
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#6930
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You really don't have a clue how many gun owners live in Canada do you ?

Of course I do; it is not about the number of guns but about the type, While most complain about buying licenses and not having access to certain types of guns they would just love to have in their arsenal,most normal humans do not feel deprived by not having access to things like rocket launchers,e AK47's and small nuclear arms.

Do you really want to make it so much easier for those with proven violent tendencies, severe mental illnesses to acquire guns. Most gun owners in Canada follow the laws set down and our criminals get them by stealing them or acquiring smuggled ones. On the whole Canada has rather decent laws.

James, in the US it is against the law to attempt to commit suicide. However, here in Florida a year or two ago, two people committed suicide at gun ranges, where they were able to rent the guns. Now, I guess this happened once in awhile but what made this episode a bit different was both were at the same place on the same day. Kinda disrupts the enjoyment of a shooting range I would guess as well as knocks off business for awhile.

As to assisted suicide, of course Canadians support it. We don;t let our animals suffer either!!

As to the stats, well, taking the total number of deaths by firearms per year and comparing the US stats against most other countries, what is your explanation of why so many more Americans die by firearms per 100,000?? Could it possibly be because of their laws and how they are enforced??
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Feb 15th, 2017 at 03:23 PM..