Britain introduces Immigration system similar to Canada

Daz_Hockey
I dont have a document...maybe blackleaf can help, but anyone seen that Britain is set to become the first EU country to follow the immigration points system designed laid out by Canada and a few other countries?

I personally think it's a good idea, it's only fair, but of course, like is often the way in britain, a lot of ethnic minorities are calling it racist, and so are those PC-crazy people who feel the same.....

my question is: "Does it work in Canada or would you prefur to just let people in without a points system?"

Hank C
yea it works...but in Canada there is a problem with letting in trained and qualified immigrants but not recognizing their credentials.

FiveParadox
Liberal
Agreed; the system is a good idea in principle, but one must ensure that supplementary legislation is passed in order to ensure that the system is supported by the framework of the nation for example, in Canada, we should ensure that appropriate foreign credentials are recognized, and that those wishing to immigrate can be told, "straight-up", before immigrating, whether or not their credentials are valid.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

Agreed; the system is a good idea in principle, but one must ensure that supplementary legislation is passed in order to ensure that the system is supported by the framework of the nation for example, in Canada, we should ensure that appropriate foreign credentials are recognized, and that those wishing to immigrate can be told, "straight-up", before immigrating, whether or not their credentials are valid.

Canada will not do that because it is very protectionist in regards to its educational institutions. A master electrician for example in the US, having completed all required courses is not recognized in Canada, because they have no "Canadian experience"