DaSleeper
+1
We all know that the "OP" is bullshÔte!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Totally (and then some)

Altogether too much hipe about an unproven theory. Ten years ago this bullsh*t wasn't even on the radar, yet we know from history that climate trends generally last for hundreds if not thousands of years. Every time we piss in the ocean we warm the water up a bit, but does that translate into a trend?

JamesBondo
I plan to carry my carbon costs to my employer but if the rest of you don't, then inflation won't be that bad.

mentalfloss

Remington1
+3
This poll is what I like to call wrong! Being aware of something does not mean one is willing to shoulder it's burden. Our carbon footprint is small, and does not warrant us to be targeted by the Liberals. I was definitely not consulted on paying another 1200+ a year to make JT look good on the world stage. So much for transparency and openness.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

He has become very vindictive since Trump won the election. But we only have ourselves to blame for triggering him this way

Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1 View Post

This poll is what I like to call wrong! Being aware of something does not mean one is willing to shoulder it's burden. Our carbon footprint is small, and does not warrant us to be targeted by the Liberals. I was definitely not consulted on paying another 1200+ a year to make JT look good on the world stage. So much for transparency and openness.

This policy is supported by retired people who can afford to paying it. Anyone else will walk away as soon as they see the added cost.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

You do know that you're no better then Americans though don't you?

Why should my nationalism have anything whatsoever to do with Americans?

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Why should my nationalism have anything whatsoever to do with Americans?

Mentalflake's Canadian Nationalist identity, identifies himself as better then American's. Is this also the case for you?

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Mentalflake's Canadian Nationalist identity, identifies himself as better then American's. Is this also the case for you?

That's none of your business, junior.

Why don't you go out and play with your new Christnas toys?

mentalfloss
Arctic temperatures soar to 30 C above normal - Technology & Science - CBC News

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

That's none of your business, junior.
Why don't you go out and play with your new Christnas toys?

Np d!clhead.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This morning's readings certainly doesn't bear that out.....................-36 in Eureka NU, -23 at Alert NU, -23 at Old Crow YK.
The anomalies you post are and have been fairly common occurrences through out history. Virtually every year in Northern Canada they experience a mid winter thaw. Do some research before engaging in the histrionics. Anyway have a Merry Xmas, Flossie!
Last edited by JLM; Dec 25th, 2016 at 09:17 AM..

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+6
#43  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

It's not a fake poll. What you have to do is read the article to realize the headline (which is from the G&M) is somewhat misleading as Mr Nanos points out.

"Nationally, 58 per cent of respondents either agreed or somewhat agreed "

"Mr. Nanos said the public support for carbon taxes may be strong now, but could drop once consumers start feeling the pinch."

And once the price increases kick which I think they do in Wynnetario Jan 1 for gas, that sentiment will drop.

But the headline fits in well with MF's trolling to get the excitable excited.

I agree. This whole nonsense will go down the tubes once reality checks in. I am amazed at how people don't understand the consequences of a carbon tax. They look at you like a deer in headlights. It all SOUNDS well and good - who doesn't want to "save the planet?" But, despite the whole ideology being false, and proven as such, they don't want to be thought of as being "against saving the planet" so sure, they agree or somewhat agree. But no thought it put into it; not research, just politicians, greenies, etc., who keep talking about "climate change" as though it hasn't been changing for literally millions of years. It's quite amazing actually.

JMO

He has become very vindictive since Trump won the election. But we only have ourselves to blame for triggering him this way

This policy is supported by retired people who can afford to paying it. Anyone else will walk away as soon as they see the added cost.

Ok, may I make a correction to your statement? Maybe "a few" retired people because MOST retired people are on fixed incomes and cannot afford any extra costs. The Retirees that maybe support this crap are ones with mega pensions and/or millionaires aka previous CEO's ). My mom is a pensioner and she needed a subsidy to go into long-term care because her pensions didn't cover the costs. So how are individuals like her supposed to absorb this tax?

I would love to be able to retire in the next couple or 3 years but I doubt it that'll happen because the way things are going, I'll never be able to afford it even though I prepared for retirement many, many years ago. It's fine to set money aside for retirement, as much as one can, but you still have to live today; pay bills, buy groceries, etc. I doubt if we'll be able to do the things we planned on doing in retirement; and it's unfortunate, because someone younger could then have my job. But it ain't happening anytime soon!!

I'm actually really p'd at this as I've worked hard all my life and had the expectation that I would "enjoy" retirement" when the time came. I don't see that happening. Still hoping we can move to a warmer climate though.....fingers crossed. Come on global warming - then I wouldn't have to move and we'd have more fresh veggies LOL!!

JMHO

Keepitsimple
+1
If anyone wants a primer on Climate Change, here's a good link from a 2013 Forbes article that uses history, science and observation to provide a pragmatic perspective. Computer models and fudged land-based temperature records are simply the Tools of Ignorance. Lawrence Solomon provided an update in the National Post recently.

Forbes: Forbes Welcome

National Post: Lawrence Solomon: Proof that a new ice age has already started is stronger than ever, and we couldn’t be less prepared | Financial Post

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Np d!clhead.

... not the brightest light on the string ...

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

Facts do tend to destroy your illusions.

That must explain why it is -40 on Baffin Island. All the cold went to land.

petros
Meanwhile in the Antarctic it has gotten colder.

MHz
(in part)
"imposing a carbon tax to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,"

Might I suggest that this not be carved in stoneas it is a 'work in progress'. Should the carbon tax be found to be an impossible goal if development is stunted. This would also come at a time when demand for modern goods in many developing nations. The machines that produce the end user good would be more correct and 'we' (North America) already have the plants to make one last run before dismantling them. That run would be to help 3rd world countries advance at an accelerated rate that 10 years is all that is needed to see 100 years of social advancements and economic development. While that is for the good for others the silver lining is the use of the infrastructure that takes it to the point of broken and cannot be repaired means all the things learned that are facts can be put to use replacing those items to a standard that longevity and maintenance free allow for a generation that gets to 'sit back' and enjoy the fruits of our labor. To do that you need science to accurately predict what changes will happen and what changes won't happen.

JT is basing his moves on reports that may change as more research goes into global warming/cooling. The pipeline will have real world applications as crossing mountain ridges is different than following a valley and the knowledge gained can be exported as a product when other nations are attempting such projects.

Alberta's Government would be chomping at the bit to see that come in as it would be a steady stream of 'money for nothing' even though most of it would most likely be stripped away rather than AB being allowed to add it to their own coffers.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That must explain why it is -40 on Baffin Island. All the cold went to land.

Baffin Is. is supposed to be where an ice age is supposed to begin and from there it moves south before moving west. That being said the only way it could warm up is the head is coming from an expanding rift on the floor of the ocean. Heat takes time to rise through that much water and salinity may speed that up or slow it down but it cannot stop the transfer of heat from hot water to colder water.

I wonder if ice is why the island looks like a butte from Montana

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Just wondering where and when young Justin got his degree in meteorology or is he just winging it from the back porch thermometer?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Meanwhile in the Antarctic it has gotten colder.

Meanwhile, you mention something irrelevant without saying why.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Yep, it's irrelevant alright when it goes against the grain of what someone is grasping to prove!

How would a change in the Earth's temperature be irrelevant to a discussion of climate change? We were discussing climate change on Planet Earth were we not?

petros

Question for you:

How old is "the record" and what is it based on?

mentalfloss
Why does it matter?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Why does it matter?

Make sure you punctuate properly!

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Question for you:

The one stored in the trapped gases of the Greenland ice cap is 123,000 years old and it extends back 800,000 years in the Antarctic.

https://www.bas.ac.uk/data/our-data/...limate-change/

800,000-year Ice-Core Records of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide (CO2)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ta-help-solve/

taxslave
Free Thinker

Question for you:

Just old enough to support the cult dogma.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just old enough to support the cult dogma.

Nearly a million years of layered material to study ...

petros
+1

Why does it matter?

Why? It's everything Climate Change is based on.

taxslave
Free Thinker

Nearly a million years of layered materisal to study ...

But only the layer that back their cult dogma is used.

petros

Nearly a million years of layered materisal to study ...

Nooooo. That's the geological record and it is not used by alleged "Climate Scientists".