MONEY (my thoughts on such a thing)


quandary121
#1
MONEY
Money ........
It can buy a house
But not a home

It can buy a bed
But not sleep

It can buy a clock
But not time

It can buy a book
But not knowledge

It can buy a position
But not respect

It can buy medicine
But not health

It can buy blood
But not life

It can buy friendly relations
But not love

As you can see, money isn't everything.
And it often causes pain and suffering.

I tell you this because I am your friend and I want to take away your pain and suffering.


im kidding i don't want your moneys
 
quandary121
#2
THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE
When we count our many blessings; it isn't hard to see

that life's most valued treasures are the treasures that are free.
For it isn't what we own or buy That signifies our wealth.
It's the special gifts that have no price; our family, friends and health.
 
AmberEyes
#3
While money certainly isn't everything... ( I wouldn't be happy without my hubby, for instance), It CAN make life a little more easy to handle.
 
quandary121
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberEyes View Post

While money certainly isn't everything... ( I wouldn't be happy without my hubby, for instance), It CAN make life a little more easy to handle.

All that glitters is not gold,i seem to remember,and or though we think more money would make life easier ,or as you put easier to handle,most people with money work longer then others, have more stress in their lives, and less free time to enjoy what they have ,money is an illusion,that we think will solve our problems,when in reality,it would create more strife ,follow money and you will inevitably become unhappy ,unable to trust the friends you have because you think they only like you for your money or worse ostracised by your friends because they see you as trying to buy there friendship,many lottery winners are unhappy because of their win,its caused family strife because some body got left out of there share ,or such like ,money truly is the root of all problems, better to have health then wealth,or to feel need(ed) not greed
this is only my opinion, i respect your wish to have more i suppose but personally i would rather have none,and enjoy the things in life that are free not brought.
 
AmberEyes
#5
Yes well, as nice as it would be to live in that Utopia where money means nothing, it is very unrealistic. I have bills to pay ... many many bills to pay. You tell a poor person that money isnt' everything, when all they can do is work work work to make ends meet, and still it isn't enough. I've done all that, and I go to school full time to try and better my own financial situation. Not because I think riches will make me happy, but because I'm sick of tired of not eating.
 
quandary121
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberEyes View Post

Yes well, as nice as it would be to live in that Utopia where money means nothing, it is very unrealistic. I have bills to pay ... many many bills to pay. You tell a poor person that money isnt' everything, when all they can do is work work work to make ends meet, and still it isn't enough. I've done all that, and I go to school full time to try and better my own financial situation. Not because I think riches will make me happy, but because I'm sick of tired of not eating.

I totally understand where your coming from AmberEyes,and admit that we all need money to survive ,but this is because were have been conditioned to want things.!yes yes well all have bills and need to buy food to survive, but it has not always been this way,our so called civilised society's have turned us in to a consuming ravaging beast,, bent on destroying the planet consuming ever increasing amounts of resources not giving back anything in return soon enough we will not have enough to go around, causing massive ecological and social strife ,and all for what ,my point being is that we may need money but it don't make you happy,there are plenty of civilisations that did without it,and still do living perfectly natural lives coexisting with their surroundings and complementing them not destroying them capitalism and the pursuit of money is a downward slope into a world where life means nothing and money is god,look how people struggle to acquire just enough to live on ,where if that energy was spent growing planting and caring for things money would be irrelevant ,I'm not saying we should all go back to living like stone age man but to continue this struggle to survive in the pursuit of money is pointless,having more generally means someone else has less,that cant be right we all came to this world with nothing and leave with nothing what we do in-between is vanity,wages rise then so does inflation ,so really your no better off then you were in the beginning,life should not be about struggling to pay bills and having enough to eat but unfortunately it is so were stuck,in a no win situation ,If there was any way we could do without money i would welcome it like you say a Utopian dream but hey dreaming cost nothing does it .
 
darkbeaver
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by quandary121 View Post

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE
When we count our many blessings; it isn't hard to see

that life's most valued treasures are the treasures that are free.
For it isn't what we own or buy That signifies our wealth.
It's the special gifts that have no price; our family, friends and health.

It's better to say those things are priceless I think rather than free. You can have none of them without your work. It would be much better I think to establish the real value of things rather than misinform with the word free even if you had benevolent intentions those could be costly to some.
IMO
Last edited by darkbeaver; Sep 7th, 2008 at 08:27 PM..
 
quandary121
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Nothing is free. You have to work for it. That's the truth.

You are too cynical my friend air is free, to love is free, to dream is free ,the birds morning call is free ,the sunrise the sun set all FREE ,rain is free, the wind is free,
to think is free but becoming less so i admit ,many things are free ,it is the things you wish to buy that are not can you buy a rainbow ,can you buy a memory.
 
AmberEyes
#9
I do understand what you are saying, if our culture did not depend on money and instead depended upon honesty and hard work, money would mean nothing. Unfortunately it can never be that way without destroying most of the world's human population. There's already a shortage of resources, which is why greed has taken over most of us (in my opinion, anyway). There are places where financial gain has little hold over people.. I know that in the community where my mother lives, people are much kinder and willing to help out those in need... not by giving them money, but by offering them a place to stay or the freshest pickings from their garden.
 
quandary121
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberEyes View Post

I do understand what you are saying, if our culture did not depend on money and instead depended upon honesty and hard work, money would mean nothing. Unfortunately it can never be that way without destroying most of the world's human population. There's already a shortage of resources, which is why greed has taken over most of us (in my opinion, anyway). There are places where financial gain has little hold over people.. I know that in the community where my mother lives, people are much kinder and willing to help out those in need... not by giving them money, but by offering them a place to stay or the freshest pickings from their garden.

Thats what i mean you don't need money to help each other do you, we only think that money helps but in reality it does more harm then good .
 
darkbeaver
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by quandary121 View Post

You are too cynical my friend air is free, to love is free, to dream is free ,the birds morning call is free ,the sunrise the sun set all FREE ,rain is free, the wind is free,
to think is free but becoming less so i admit ,many things are free ,it is the things you wish to buy that are not can you buy a rainbow ,can you buy a memory.

They were never free you always have to give something or spend something to get any of it, there are lots of people who can't use the fresh air or the sunlight because they cannot afford it, and it's always that way for every second you are here you are dependent on the rest for existance, and you can never be free of it you're built out of it you're either here or there but you're paying your way or you don't continue to ride standing up in first class. Even the wild aren't free and they know it and rainbows are very expensive.
 
Unforgiven
#12
Nothing you are without once you are wealthy, you will not have being poor either.
While when it comes right down to it, money is an evil concept, once you have learned to live with what you have and be happy, it's just one less thing to worry about. Rent, food and clothing are good things not to have to worry about.

One of the largest problems of our time is the quest for money and corporations being given human rights.
 
quandary121
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Nothing you are without once you are wealthy, you will not have being poor either.
While when it comes right down to it, money is an evil concept, once you have learned to live with what you have and be happy, it's just one less thing to worry about. Rent, food and clothing are good things not to have to worry about.

One of the largest problems of our time is the quest for money and corporations being given human rights.

Hear hear ...(I think thats how you spell it )
 
darkbeaver
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Nothing you are without once you are wealthy, you will not have being poor either.
While when it comes right down to it, money is an evil concept, once you have learned to live with what you have and be happy, it's just one less thing to worry about. Rent, food and clothing are good things not to have to worry about.

One of the largest problems of our time is the quest for money and corporations being given human rights.

That's for sure, the corporations have got human rights, that means they can be stuffed under a guillotine dosen't it? Money sucks but compound interest really blows, and for a lot longer. There are lots of good workable socialist and cooperative economic models but they cost rich people thier freedom so we ain't gettin any.
 

Similar Threads

15
Your thoughts on Zakat?
by Machjo | Apr 28th, 2009
0
Tax payers money "is" the Liberals money.
by Breakthrough2006 | Dec 21st, 2005