B.P.'s Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Thread (it's all here).....

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Stick it. Obama has had plenty of time to rearrange the regulations. Why didn't he?
He was going to allow even more oilworks in the gulf instead. Wouldn't that just have added to the risk?

Exactly Anna. What was it... two months ago he opened up more of the Virginian and Alaskan coastline for offshore drilling. Now his diciples are trying to make him an unknowing victim of the Evil Bush.

LOL
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:44 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

The official Republican Party line (as explained by Limbaugh shortly after the disaster) is that Obama caused the spill and wants it to spread as far as possible, wants it to do as much damage as possible, so that it will give him an excuse to ban offshore drilling.

And boy is he taking a beating on all the networks! Wow. I wouldn't want to be the President of that mess.

Obama's watch... Obama's fault. Just like Bush and Katrina.

Ain't Karma great?
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:35 PM..Reason: Removed Trolling

AnnaG
Like I said before, I don't think it is any politician's fault. They may be incompetent and foolish, but I don't think they (most of them anyway) act to do harm.
Having said that, WW2 was Roosevelt and Truman's fault.

lone wolf
Gee-zuz! It wasn't the right. It wasn't the left. It was because somebody poked a hole into a pressure-cooker pool of oil a hell of a lot deeper under the water than many have experience with.

EagleSmack
So... Obama and this disaster of his making...

Discuss...

Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:36 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Gee-zuz! It wasn't the right. It wasn't the left. It was because somebody poked a hole into a pressure-cooker pool of oil a hell of a lot deeper under the water than many have experience with.

I know that Wolf...

I love playing the Devil's Advocate and feeding them their own medicine.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:37 PM..Reason: REmoved Trolling

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I know that Wolf...

I figured you did. I aimed it at the deny-for-the-sake-of-denial-'cuz-I-hate-being-wrong crowd.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:37 PM..

Cliffy
It's god's fault for putting it there in the first place. He knew man would be curious enough to try to get at it and that it would end in disaster. He knows everything after all!

SirJosephPorter

I know that Wolf...

You are not playing Devil’s anything, EagelSmack. You have swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker, that Obama caused the spill and want it to cause maximum damage possible.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:39 PM..Reason: Removed the tired old Rush Limbaugh Trolling thing

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

It's god's fault for putting it there in the first place. He knew man would be curious enough to try to get at it and that it would end in disaster. He knows everything after all!

Yeah. Nail the culprits at the top of everything.

AnnaG

No doubt that is what you heard from your Politburo.

So now you're calling ES a communist member. wow You on a roll there, lil Joey.

EagleSmack

You are not playing Devil’s anything, EagelSmack. You have swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker, that Obama caused the spill and want it to cause maximum damage possible.

Back to the topic at hand...

Obama is Prez...

Big Ol' Oil Spill in Gulf...

Obama's watch...

Obama's fault...

Discuss...

Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 05:41 PM..Reason: Removed Quote of the tired old Rush Limbaugh Trolling thing, & reciprocal Trolling...

SirJosephPorter

Back to the topic at hand...

Obama is Prez...

Big Ol' Oil Spill in Gulf...

Obama's watch...

Obama's fault...

Discuss...

I don't discuss propaganda with anybody.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 08:36 PM..Reason: politburo propaganda Trolling? That's new. Removed more reciprocal Trolling...

captain morgan

I don't discuss propaganda with anybody.

Funny... Coming from you - that's really funny
Last edited by Ron in Regina; May 28th, 2010 at 08:37 PM..Reason: Edited quote for reasons above.

SirJosephPorter
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Funny... Coming from you - that's really funny

Well Captain, old sparring partner. Back again, eh? Anyway, I am glad you find it amusing. Always glad to lighten the moment.

Socrates the Greek

And boy is he taking a beating on all the networks! Wow. I wouldn't want to be the President of that mess.

Obama's watch... Obama's fault. Just like Bush and Katrina.

Ain't Karma great?

Bush and Katrina. Bush and the Economy, Bush and Iraq, a country so deep in debt they may have military superiority but thanks to 8 years of Republican rule they do not have financial superiority as they used to have during past Democrat governments.

And here Obama is asked to become superman and repair 8 years of bad use and abuse of a country submerged in trillions of financial red ink.

Socrates the Greek
Quote: Originally Posted by sirjosephporter View Post

well captain, old sparring partner. Back again, eh? Anyway, i am glad you find it amusing. Always glad to lighten the moment.

SirJosephPorter
Quote: Originally Posted by Socrates the Greek View Post

Bush and Katrina. Bush and the Economy, Bush and Iraq, a country so deep in debt they may have military superiority but thanks to 8 years of Republican rule they do not have financial superiority as they used to have during past Democrat governments.

And here Obama is asked to become superman and repair 8 years of bad use and abuse of a country submerged in trillions of financial red ink.

Obama is not asked to be anything. Republicans will trash him no matter what he does.

Risus

Obama's watch... Obama's fault. Ain't Karma great?

Man, I'd like some of that stuff you're smoking if you believe that...

Socrates the Greek
Quoting EagleSmack Obama's watch... Obama's fault. Ain't Karma great?

Now where do any dots mach Karma? YOU ARE SO OFF TOPIC WITH KARMA BEING GREAT>>>>> LOL LOL LOL LOL Bush lied to the American people about Iraq, killed many innocent people in the attempt to dislodge Sadum Husain and you talk about Karma. I hope you are never asked to serve on Jury..........

captain morgan

Always glad to lighten the moment.

You're a good sport that way

AnnaG

Wrong. The department of the gov't I mentioned can do the work. All Obama has to do is give them the okay dokay. You really don't seem to grasp what presidents do. How sad.

AnnaG

Now where do any dots mach Karma? YOU ARE SO OFF TOPIC WITH KARMA BEING GREAT>>>>> LOL LOL LOL LOL Bush lied to the American people about Iraq, killed many innocent people in the attempt to dislodge Sadum Husain and you talk about Karma. I hope you are never asked to serve on Jury..........

You keep telling us how everything that's wrong with Canada is Harpy's fault. What's the diff?
WW2 was Truman's and FDR's faults.
Last edited by AnnaG; May 28th, 2010 at 10:32 PM..

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Man, I'd like some of that stuff you're smoking if you believe that...

Karma is great... I do believe.

EagleSmack

Let's see now... a hurricane hits Louisiana...the worst ever... Bush is blamed to this day for the poor response.

A man made oil spill hit Louisiana...the worst ever... Obama will forever be blamed for his poor response...

EagleSmack
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/divi...-soup-10735329

Gosh what an awful mess...

Oil AND toxic dispersant that Obama cannot seem to stop BP from spreading all over.

He has no control over this disaster. That was from ABC no less.

Sad

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/b...ry?id=10746519

Like I said earlier. Obama is getting heat from everyone.

Quote:

The "political stupidity is unbelievable," Democratic strategist James Carville said on " Good Morning America " today. " The president doesn't get down here in the middle of this. ... I have no idea of why they didn't seize this thing. I have no idea of why their attitude was so hands off here."

But Carville said the Obama administration's response to the BP oil spill has been "lackadaisical," and that rather than place the blame on the previous administration, it should've done more to deal with BP and "inept bureaucrats," which would've in turn helped boost Obama's approval ratings.

"The president of the United States could've come down here, he could've been involved with the families of these 11 people" who died on the offshore rig, Carville said. "He could've demanded a plan in anticipation of this."

Oh you tried Joey and the rest. You tried valiantly. I have been proven right once again. James Carville, (not Limbaugh) the voice of the Democrat Party has come out against the Obama Administration and rightfully so.

petros
Did you know WWII consumed 2/3 of the US domestic oil reserves?

captain morgan

Let's see now... a hurricane hits Louisiana...the worst ever... Bush is blamed to this day for the poor response.

A man made oil spill hit Louisiana...the worst ever... Obama will forever be blamed for his poor response...

It sure is something else watching these folks squirm in their hypocrisy... Blame Bush for an uncontrollable natural disaster, but offer up excuse upon excuse to absolve Obama.

Hell, one of the first things he did in office was to relax restrictions on off-shore drilling.

petros
Neither of the ****ing puppets will get a drop of oil on them and aren't responsible anyway.

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Neither of the ****ing puppets will get a drop of oil on them and aren't responsible anyway.

They're all hypocrites regardless of political stripe. The beauty of this situation is that those that pissed and moaned all this time about some other politician's short-comings are now enjoying a steaming plate of crow.