NFL dying

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I am not sure but I know the NFL is sweating this. Financially they are in good shape at this time but if this is the trend there are lean times up ahead.

Well if they come down on the side of the game, the owners and the fans and decide to fine every single player who decides to kneel, it will be the first decision they've made in decades that I agree with 100%, and I'm not even a fan of the NFL. However, I am a huge fan of all types of sports and the spill-over from these useless protests into other arenas pisses me off no end. Never in my wildest imaginings did I think I would find myself defending Sid and the Pens because they went to the White House after winning their 3rd Stanley Cup........but I did, time and time again.

I respect the right to protest. I also respect the right of owners and fans to enjoy sports without the drama of politics playing out on the field.

I am proud of our league, our teams and our players in the CFL for how they have handled the issue especially as we do have large numbers of black players from south of the border whose individual thoughts on the matter we respect. I hope that you will be able to say the same about your league once Good for Nothing and the boys have had their say, Eagle.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Well if they come down on the side of the game, the owners and the fans and decide to fine every single player who decides to kneel, it will be the first decision they've made in decades that I agree with 100%, and I'm not even a fan of the NFL. However, I am a huge fan of all types of sports and the spill-over from these useless protests into other arenas pisses me off no end. Never in my wildest imaginings did I think I would find myself defending Sid and the Pens because they went to the White House after winning their 3rd Stanley Cup........but I did, time and time again.

Sure they have the right to do stuff like taking a knee, it does not help their cause in the slightest and it can only cause issues for them in the long run. Some franchises will survive, other franchises cannot afford to lose a lot of fans. Look at the two LA teams. Lets face it, liberals aren't going to buy up the vacant seats.

As far as fining the players taking a knee, I am not sure what good it would do. It would be funny to hear the players taking a knee whine though.

Quote:

I respect the right to protest. I also respect the right of owners and fans to enjoy sports without the drama of politics playing out on the field.

Spot on.

Quote:

I am proud of our league, our teams and our players in the CFL for how they have handled the issue especially as we do have large numbers of black players from south of the border whose individual thoughts on the matter we respect. I hope that you will be able to say the same about your league once Good for Nothing and the boys have had their say, Eagle.

Me too. I do not think any of the CFL players would dare to take a knee, just like they didn't take a knee at the NFL games in London while they played God Save the Queen. The players know the line.

Mowich

Sure they have the right to do stuff like taking a knee, it does not help their cause in the slightest and it can only cause issues for them in the long run. Some franchises will survive, other franchises cannot afford to lose a lot of fans. Look at the two LA teams. Lets face it, liberals aren't going to buy up the vacant seats.

I disagree, Eagle. They have every right to protest. They do not have the right to do it at a football game or a baseball game or a basketball game or curling or soccer or any other sport where fans go to a park, arena, stadium etc to get away from the shit going on in the world, cheer for their team, eat a dog or two and generally just have some fun. They pay good money for that right.

Quote:

As far as fining the players taking a knee, I am not sure what good it would do. It would be funny to hear the players taking a knee whine though.

Then they could go back to what they were doing before the Armed Services got involved in order to up their recruitments, and just stay in the locker room till after the anthem.

Quote:

Me too. I do not think any of the CFL players would dare to take a knee, just like they didn't take a knee at the NFL games in London while they played God Save the Queen. The players know the line.

TSN has made a habit lately of not covering the opening of the games, thus avoiding showing anything taking place on the field. I have not read anywhere of players protesting other than the one time, prior to the singing of O Canada, my Riders stood on the sideline and linked arms. There was no backlash and the gesture was never repeated. Our Commish made one statement on the matter, and that was the end of it.

Mowich
Here you go, Eagle.........now this is the type of protest I can get behind.

Report: Raptors among pro teams boycotting Trump hotels - Sportsnet.ca

Cannuck

They have every right to protest. They do not have the right to do it at a football game or a baseball game or a basketball game ....

Of course they do. Any American that doesn't like the first amendment should just stfu and quit your crying.

gopher
LOL. Delusional right wingers like to think in their twisted little minds that the NFL is losing money. But it is not and its yuge contract extends all the way to 2022. While such delusionals think the owners are suffering, they actually are laughing all the way to the bank.

EagleSmack
TV Ratings: Titans Beats Colts; ‘Monday Night Football’ Falls To Low | Deadline

*snicker*

EagleSmack
Declining NFL Television Ratings Presented at Meetings Grabbed Attention of Owners

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/19/nfl-ratings-decline-owners-players-meeting-mmqb

Still dropping.

MHz
Vegas should start a lotto for the time of the last touchdown in the NFL. (followed shortly by the last man over homeplate and the last goal scored)

EagleSmack
The End of Mankind?

Cannuck
The NFL doesn't care about snowflakes. They'll start watching again once they finish sucking their thumbs and realize the 1st amendment still exists

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Vegas should start a lotto for the time of the last touchdown in the NFL. (followed shortly by the last man over homeplate and the last goal scored)

The End of Mankind?

And football has a home plate?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

The NFL doesn't care about snowflakes. They'll start watching again once they finish sucking their thumbs and realize the 1st amendment still exists

Of course they don't, snowflakes don't watch football. They whine that it's too aggressive and proudly show off their Youth Soccer Participation Medals.

Cannuck

Of course they don't, snowflakes don't watch football.

You did. You'll get over your personal horror and life will go on

EagleSmack
sniff sniff

Cannuck
I'm sure Walter can give you a hug. Time will heal your hurt.

EagleSmack
Still salty eh?

Cannuck
No. I love the 1st amendment.

DaSleeper

Still salty eh?

Eagle...............Your patience with children is amazing!!!

Cannuck
+1
Oh look!!! Another snowflake has arrived. Do I need to get a shovel?

Danbones
[youtube]u_BBgdKVRO4[/youtube]

darkbeaver
+2
I don't follow the NFL because it's really really boring, back and forth a few yards one way and then back the other way. It's difficult for me to find much entertainment in that. The same repeditive sleep inducing motion is more economicaly realized with a fish tank.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I don't follow the NFL because it's really really boring, back and forth a few yards one way and then back the other way. It's difficult for me to find much entertainment in that. The same repetitive sleep inducing motion is more economically realized with a fish tank.

Could not agree more, DB.

darkbeaver
This is just my opinion and my opinion could be wrong depending on the accepted meaning of wrong. There seems to be infinite ways to wyle away ones time, mine certainly counts for as little, excepting the pleasent passage of time we are condemned to.

Could not agree more, DB.

Thankyou for your kind understanding of my disability. The game seems to excite the gonads rather than the intellectual realm. If clubs were introduced to the game I could perhaps get excited.

Kicking is another underutilized part of the defensive game, kicking real balls would elevate the specticle. Heads as well. Consumer sport needs to be, I dono more blood and brutality. Bring back the gladiators and stop with the snowflake combat of heavily armoured twits chaseing a fukkin ball. Gezzuz H HUbcap that is not the games.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Oh look!!! Another snowflake has arrived. Do I need to get a shovel?

After you got all the shit moved first I think you'd be right tuckered out!

TenPenny
+1

I don't follow the NFL because it's really really boring, back and forth a few yards one way and then back the other way. It's difficult for me to find much entertainment in that. The same repeditive sleep inducing motion is more economicaly realized with a fish tank.

What I find amazing about NFL and US football is that the play is so broken up. A typical play lasts about 20 seconds. Then the players all wander around, and try to figure out what to do.

In a normal football game, the ball is in play for 17 minutes. My god, it's deadly. None of these guys could last for a hockey game, much less a soccer game. They don't have the stamina. In a way, it's kinda pathetic. No wonder Trump tried a USFL team.

Danbones
+1
its called foot ball because thats how far it moves

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

... None of these guys could last for a hockey game, much less a soccer game. They don't have the stamina. In a way, it's kinda pathetic...

Why is that pathetic? Most world class sprinters can't run a marathon. Most hockey players can't hit an Arrieta pitch. Comparing athletes of different sports doesnt make a lot of sense

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

What I find amazing about NFL and US football is that the play is so broken up. A typical play lasts about 20 seconds. Then the players all wander around, and try to figure out what to do.

In a normal football game, the ball is in play for 17 minutes. My god, it's deadly. None of these guys could last for a hockey game, much less a soccer game. They don't have the stamina. In a way, it's kinda pathetic. No wonder Trump tried a USFL team.

Yah yah twenty seconds of action and three minutes of posturing, what must be going through the mind of the observer? Not fukkin much I imagine.

Cannuck

Yah yah twenty seconds of action and three minutes of posturing, what must be going through the mind of the observer? Not fukkin much I imagine.

That's because you don't understand the game and are only a passive observer. That is more appropriate for sports like hockey and basketball, not football or baseball