American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Yes, karma is strange

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

History repeating itself??? The dynamics are certainly similar.

Yeah it s repeating but in China this time. Concentration camps and everything. Cool huh?

Walter

History repeating itself??? The dynamics are certainly similar.

Godwin is a prolific poster.

DaSleeper
+2

religious fanatics speaking in tongues...

cliffy speaking in memes

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Walter

Yet more people want to move to the US than any other country in the werld.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Seven officers in Rochester, N.Y., suspended in the case of a man who died after being restrained by police

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20200903

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yet more people want to move to the US than any other country in the werld.

and those that do , usually come from countries far worse than the USA...because they don't know / understand the TRUTH about the USA. Or they bought into the US propaganda about itself. The human rights issues alone are staggering. but they don't see that...while blaming other places for same.

Is the USA "safe" Absolutely NOT. That is why they hide behind gated communities and guns.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

and those that do , usually come from countries far worse than the USA...because they don't know / understand the TRUTH about the USA. Or they bought into the US propaganda about itself. The human rights issues alone are staggering. but they don't see that...while blaming other places for same.
Is the USA "safe" Absolutely NOT. That is why they hide behind gated communities and guns.

Much though I hate to say it, your view is almost as warped as Walter's.

You may take it from me that the vast majority of Americans do not live in gated communities.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Much though I hate to say it, your view is almost as warped as Walter's.

You may take it from me that the vast majority of Americans do not live in gated communities.

That was more of a metaphor ........ than a hard fact

no offense.....TB.

wally blindly adores the US. I prefer to see it in more realistic terms.. Each nation is tobe assessed on its own individual terms.

The US is a nation of extremes. Most developed nations aim for moderation, reason, realism.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; 2 weeks ago at 07:48 PM..

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Where protesters go, armed militias, vigilantes likely to follow with little to stop them

Prosecutors say Kyle Rittenhouse, armed with a semi-automatic rifle, killed two people and injured another person on the streets of Kenosha, Wisconsin, when he opened fire Aug. 25 during protests over the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
Wisconsin law stipulates that the minimum age for legal armed carry is 18. Even though Rittenhouse is just 17, he stood that night with other armed civilians who declared that they were out protecting property.
It remains unclear whether he was part of a formal militia group. In an interview with the conservative news website the Daily Caller earlier that day, Rittenhouse, who is from the Illinois, laid out way he was in Kenosha. "So people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business, and a part of my job is to also help people," Rittenhouse said, without specifying any authority to do so. "If there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself, obviously. But I also have my med kit."
Within hours, the patrolling turned deadly. Rittenhouse is charged with two counts of first-degree homicide and one count of attempted homicide.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-stop-n1238769

These aren't militias, they are white supremacist, terrorist thugs that Trumpkins are idolizing.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
BOOMer's hero...

Kyle Rittenhouse is currently in a juvenile detention center for MURDERING two people at 17.

Kalief Browder was thrown into Rikers Island at 16 for 3.5 years (two of those years in solitary confinement) for allegedly stealing a backpack - he was innocent.

He ultimately took his own life after years of trauma and abuse that was created by our criminal justice system.

petros
+2

Im glad you chose white Christian countries to compare to. Racist!
Last edited by petros; 2 weeks ago at 08:13 AM..

petros

petros

BOOMer's hero...

Kyle Rittenhouse is currently in a juvenile detention center for MURDERING two people at 17.
Kalief Browder was thrown into Rikers Island at 16 for 3.5 years (two of those years in solitary confinement) for allegedly stealing a backpack - he was innocent.
He ultimately took his own life after years of trauma and abuse that was created by our criminal justice system.

bummer

Tecumsehsbones
+2

That was more of a metaphor ........ than a hard fact
no offense.....TB.

D'accord.

Quote:

wally blindly adores the US. I prefer to see it in more realistic terms.. Each nation is tobe assessed on its own individual terms.

More accurate to say Walter blindly adores Trump. He is a fully-committed member of the cult of personality.

Quote:

The US is a nation of extremes. Most developed nations aim for moderation, reason, realism.

We are that. Maybe it's the money and power? The Big Dog syndrome? It seems like it also affected Britain, France, and Spain in their days. And certainly Russia is no better within its reach.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2
Man who admitted fatal shooting of pro-Trump caravan member in Portland killed during attempted arrest

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20200904

Tecumsehsbones

Man who admitted fatal shooting of pro-Trump caravan member in Portland killed during attempted arrest
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...l_nbn_20200904

He pulled an atomic bomb out of his waistband. The cops had no choice.

Hoid
Federal "task force" obviously unable to perform basic police work.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

In fairness, Norway and Finland (Scandinavia in general). Have the lowest percentage of practicing Christians in any Western Nation.