What immigration does to a city (and a nation)


Andem
Free Thinker
#1
After reading a post by JSZ, I did a little research about the history of Canada and the history of our European ancestors as the saxons, the celts, the aryans, the slavs etc.

Anyways, after educating myself a little more on the history of europeans who subsequently built Canada and the United States, it showed some prominantly "non-white" areas in various cities which included many jamaican, asian, hispanic, etc communities.

The first bit is like 7 pages of pictures of Detroit, the most run down (and also the most non-white) large city in the United States

http://www.white-history.com/hwrdet.htm


But if you've been to Detroit (its somewhere I've been and don't actually ever want to see again) and want to skip the 7 pages of Detroit, I suggest you look at the pics of New York City residential communities at http://www.white-history.com/hwrnyc.htm. New York is not as "Beautiful" behind the empire state building as the tourism boards project to the public of the world. (whew, which is also an immigrant haven of over 60% non-whites).

So, enough of my babbling and see it for yourself here:
http://www.white-history.com/hwrnyc.htm



***** PS: I've tried to be as politically correct in this post as to not offending anybody by just providing statistics and numbers which prove... IMMIGRATION IS A BAD THING! *****
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#2
By the way.. I'll also provide the link to the main site here:
http://www.white-history.com/index.htm

I'm offering this link to anybody that is interested in reading about the history and evolution of the white race and it's sub-races, and subsequently, it's nations and cultures which evolved from the migration process started many milennia ago from the Black Sea area.
 
czardogs
#3
Quote:

***** PS: I've tried to be as politically correct in this post as to not offending anybody by just providing statistics and numbers which prove... IMMIGRATION IS A BAD THING! *****

Sorry to break it to you but unless your a member of the First Nations you too are an immigrant. Live with it.

The First Nations Peoples are nice enough not to want all their land back so everyone is welcome. Come one come all. Immigration made Canada what it is. It is what will keep Canada going well into the future.

If it where not for immigrants coming to Canada our population would stagnate and even risk decline. There will be far too many seniors and non-taxpers and the system will grind to a halt.

I agree with much of what you have to say but sorry, this goes just a tad to far to the right.
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#4
Infact, according to that web site, there is evidence that there were nordics in North America together with or before the "natives" existed in here.

Quote:

If it where not for immigrants coming to Canada our population would stagnate and even risk decline. There will be far too many seniors and non-taxpers and the system will grind to a halt.

I never said I believed in our system From what I hear, it sounds like you don't either in many ways.

But there must be an alternative to mass immigration/invasion of our cities. This SARS outbreak is just another reason why we should drastically limit our immigration.
 
czardogs
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Infact, according to that web site, there is evidence that there were nordics in North America together with or before the "natives" existed in here.

Quote:

If it where not for immigrants coming to Canada our population would stagnate and even risk decline. There will be far too many seniors and non-taxpers and the system will grind to a halt.

I never said I believed in our system From what I hear, it sounds like you don't either in many ways.

But there must be an alternative to mass immigration/invasion of our cities. This SARS outbreak is just another reason why we should drastically limit our immigration.

Well there is also Kennewick man. But the word native by its very meaning means first inhabitant. To make a living off and stay on the land. That would be the First Nations peoples.

Sorry, Immigration is absolutely neccessary for Canada. We should be doubling our efforts to attract and bring in skilled and educated immigrants from around the world.

At 33 million Canada is a small fry on the international stage. WE need to increase that number. There is more then enough room and food in Canada for 10 times that number.

As for SARS I dont buy that arguement. Heck the average run of the mill flu kills more people then SARS has so far.
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#6
Does this mean you believe Canadians of European ancestry should continue to lose jobs and enjoy a degrading lifestyle because our asian and middle-eastern counterparts seem to have an ever increasing preferred access to the job market?

Hell, even the RCMP is racist to whites. It's becoming very difficult for a white male to obtain employment at the RCMP because of federal regulations which make it a duty to hire the even less-qualified 'minorities'.

I wonder what it will be like when we are just another minority.

Please don't get me started on the crime rates among several minorities. Both in Canada and worldwide.

---edit---

Just another tidbit. I have a friend who was denied a position at the RCMP because of a black guy who got a lower test score. The less qualified minority got it over a guy who was fully qualified.
 
Stretch
Free Thinker
#7
the native australian(aborigines) claim they were the 1st people in Australia...despite evidence pointing to them wiping out a race of people b4 them
The NZ maori claims they were in NZ 1st...depsite evidence pointing to celts being there b4 them..
who was 1st anywhere?
we know that parts of history we have been taught are a lie also

what is the truth?
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch

the native australian(aborigines) claim they were the 1st people in Australia...despite evidence pointing to them wiping out a race of people b4 them
The NZ maori claims they were in NZ 1st...depsite evidence pointing to celts being there b4 them..
who was 1st anywhere?
we know that parts of history we have been taught are a lie also

what is the truth?

The truth is we dont know. But to claim to be the first anywhere is usually wrong. The "native" Americans and Canadians are actually of Asian race. Many of their features can be compared to modern-day asians.



But anyways, the point of this thread was really to say "How can we let our culture and land be taken over by new immigrants who don't really bring anything with them"? Infact, it may soon be possible that Toronto's #1 language is cantonese. Do you really want to see Canada's largest city not-canadian?!?! It doesn't stop there. It grows larger and larger. Before you know it, many or most of Canada's metros will be non-canadian.

You might want to start removing French from the welcome signs in the airport. Might as well just be "Wong chong kong Canada!"
 
Stretch
Free Thinker
#9
yep and Australia is fast becoming 'asianised' too so, where and how do you stop it?
the govs of these countries need these immigrants so someone will vote for them.....
 
czardogs
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Does this mean you believe Canadians of European ancestry should continue to lose jobs and enjoy a degrading lifestyle because our asian and middle-eastern counterparts seem to have an ever increasing preferred access to the job market?

Hell, even the RCMP is racist to whites. It's becoming very difficult for a white male to obtain employment at the RCMP because of federal regulations which make it a duty to hire the even less-qualified 'minorities'.

I wonder what it will be like when we are just another minority.

Please don't get me started on the crime rates among several minorities. Both in Canada and worldwide.

---edit---

Just another tidbit. I have a friend who was denied a position at the RCMP because of a black guy who got a lower test score. The less qualified minority got it over a guy who was fully qualified.

I too have faced racist quota hiring when applying for the Vancouver Police Dept. In my mind the job should go to the best qualified each and every time. If thats white males then so be it. If its all gay brown women the so be it. May the best win.

As for immigrants taking jobs, I dont buy it. They create as many as they take up. If your implying about biased hiring, well their are courts for that.

The degrading of our lifestyles has everything to do with wealth distrubution, taxes, greedy corporations, and bad government and next to nothing to do with an influx of immigrants. Since the inception of Canada immigrants have been coming in so that degredation you speak of must have been happening for over 100 years now if its due to immigration.
 
Anonymous
#11
Andem's sentiment may not be pc or accurate. But it is honest. Ironically as an immigrant myself, I understand somewhat. But from a “been-there-done-that” jaded point of view.

We are feeling alot of pressures from the increased immigration rate of the past few years (sorry I don't have a link with stats). I do feel many immigrants should just pack & go back to where they came from (as they say) and others who think of settling here should do as much intensive research as they possibly can about the country before they consider relocating. Only a few, the ones who can make it anywhere they go, really benefit and make a significant contribution. Most others think that by automatically migrating to a prosperous country this will ensure a better standard of living for them, a job is awaiting them, etc. They aren't told beforehand that migrating to a new country is tough and risky. They are told everything will be okay -- because the authorities they meet along the way paint a rosy picture, along with the assurance that the government has many programs for newcomers. But once they get here, they're on their own.
 
Twila
#12
Sometimes the best person for the job is not the one with the highest test score. Sometimes the best one for the job has a better personality. When you have communities that are racially devided you send in the people who know that community best.

If immigration was halted, who would do the jobs that are too menial and low paying for us "white" people?

Aryans come from India, btw. White implies a purity that doesn't exist.

This entire thread is starting to sound like some Neo-Nazi, skin headed, anarchist crap.

May want to move to Germany, Austria or Bavaria, they still have a high amount of politics that encourage white supremacy and no foreigner policy.
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#13
Oh I knew someone would come around and say something like "this looks like neo-nazism". Maybe it does, maybe it doesnt. It still leaves the fact that our country may well be taken over by 'minorities'. Right now, white people are facing a challenge in a country we ran 20 years ago.

I'm talking about the racial quota hiring, the growth of our urban centers, and the poor 'integration' of the massive flights of immigrants.

IMHO, It's happening way to fast and without much planning.

Quote:

May want to move to Germany, Austria or Bavaria, they still have a high amount of politics that encourage white supremacy and no foreigner policy.

Sure they do, it's their country... It's their choice. That's called a democracy. But were Canadians given a choice when our government opened the flood gates and accepted criminals, those with disease, untested HIV patients, terrorists and other undesirables? We're Canadians asked if they wanted to become just another minority? These are very logical questions IMHO. But can anybody really answer them?
 
Anonymous
#14
Hello! I've escaped my one forums prison!

I'm -not- Canadian, though through a loophole in governemental regulations I can become one when I want. Meaning, I could be an immigrant...now THAT is scarey!

But really the arguements I am hearing are old school (for me). I mean, if someone immagrates they become canadian. That means they are a part of your country...just like if someone immagrates to America.
For years the right has been trying to get America to close its boarders. But many see this would give us a negative population growth. So it's not practicle, and I think most politicans are realizing that. Nevermind the fact alot of (white) Americans have grown comfortable with 'minorities'. My best friends are asian, mexican, and black (he hates being called African American, even though he's from Africa).

But yeah, I was looking at this thread and thinking "are canadians racist?". I'm sure you're not. I doubt any of you think white means better and just feel like your race is being used against you...well, empathise. And know that that is how many immagrants feel. Sure, there are some who are out for a free ride or what have you, but many want to bust thier but for a better life.

But I gotta say this cracks me up.
"...it may soon be possible that Toronto's #1 language is cantonese. Do you really want to see Canada's largest city not-canadian?!?!"
I mean, this is my American baise I am sure, but well...Canadian isn't a language. And Canada has French and English, right? So add Cantonese to it, eh?
BTW, does Canada have an official language? I know the US doesn't I'm just curious as that might change matters.

WulF-Krigan

P.S. And no white people ever immagrated anywhere as a race...they conquered and killed. It's your land if no one is alive to say it is thiers, right?
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#15
Yes. Canada has two official languages, English and French.. However, we only have one official bilingual province and only one french province (Quebec). The reason we made French an official language was Quebec's squabbling, and perhaps the fact they we're the other half who founded this country.... When infact it was the British that really built Canada. But its arguable that the French were also involved, though we won wars against them for it.
 
Twila
#16
Quote:

May want to move to Germany, Austria or Bavaria, they still have a high amount of politics that encourage white supremacy and no foreigner policy.


Sure they do, it's their country... It's their choice. That's called a democracy. But were Canadians given a choice when our government opened the flood gates and accepted criminals, those with disease, untested HIV patients, terrorists and other undesirables? We're Canadians asked if they wanted to become just another minority? These are very logical questions IMHO. But can anybody really answer them?

Actually it's illegal for them to come right out and say it. It's a clause in their constitution and viewed as a crime (national socialism)
That doesn't stop them hiring Neo Nazi's to provide the terrorism aspect of it.

For the other question regarding criminals, hiv untestees (?) and undesirables. First, what constitutes an undesirable?

Funny but were we not ALL at one time immigrants? Weren't the Irish and Iralians parts of their neighbourhoods in the 30's horrendous and unkept?

I wouldn't want to work in immigration and have to tell somebody " sorry, I know your country is war torn, but we don't want you or your kids. Sorry, no better life for you, you're the wrong colour"
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#17
Yah, Twilia... That's true in Germany.

Quote:

For the other question regarding criminals, hiv untestees (?) and undesirables. First, what constitutes an undesirable?

I would say people with uncurable and deadly diseases should not be allowed to come to Canada. There are several reasons for this, number one being that they can spread the disease among Canadians. Second reason being they can come here and demand our healthcare.... Digging into the taxpayers` pockets. This is ofcourse arguable, but it's true we take care of people with diseases all the time who are not even citizens of this country.

Quote:

I wouldn't want to work in immigration and have to tell somebody " sorry, I know your country is war torn, but we don't want you or your kids. Sorry, no better life for you, you're the wrong colour"

This is blown out of size. Canada will accept anybody who claims to be a refugee. Is it really upto Canadians to accept everyone who claims to be from a war-torn country? IMHO, no... Sure we can let some of them in, but as it stands, we have hundreds of thousands of them flooding through our borders.
 
Twila
#18
Andem, I agree with you on not letting in those with contagious diseases. Or non citizens getting free health care

And about the second point you made. I was discussing it with a co-worker and she explained to me something I hadn't considered. Many of the people we see flocking to our boarders are not the poor of their country. Do you remember the boat people? Arriving smuggled on boats? She said those individuals paid large $$ to come here. They were not the type of people who are poor and deserve a "better chance"

So I concede (and agree with) both your points.

Although I'm all for true refugees and allowing those with no opportunities in their own country to come here and give their kids a better life.
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#19
Quote:

And about the second point you made. I was discussing it with a co-worker and she explained to me something I hadn't considered. Many of the people we see flocking to our boarders are not the poor of their country. Do you remember the boat people? Arriving smuggled on boats? She said those individuals paid large $$ to come here. They were not the type of people who are poor and deserve a "better chance"

I knew we could agree on it Its very true the people that come over on boats pay thousands of dollars for the trip. Even larger sums of money...
 
Anonymous
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Andem, I agree with you on not letting in those with contagious diseases. Or non citizens getting free health care

And about the second point you made. I was discussing it with a co-worker and she explained to me something I hadn't considered. Many of the people we see flocking to our boarders are not the poor of their country. Do you remember the boat people? Arriving smuggled on boats? She said those individuals paid large $$ to come here. They were not the type of people who are poor and deserve a "better chance"

So I concede (and agree with) both your points.

Although I'm all for true refugees and allowing those with no opportunities in their own country to come here and give their kids a better life.

besides the race/colour comments good points made by Twila & czardogs
thanks to technology (among many things) the world is growing closer very rapidly so we can't go back to the "good old days" my friends, what was once "their problem" is now "everybody's problem" ... just be prepared for more
 
Anonymous
#21
here are the facts about the boat people

http://www.discovervancouver.com/GVB...vietnamese.asp

Quote:

Throughout the late 1970s, stories about the Boat People continued to dominate international media coverage of Southeast Asia. Refugees told of paying exorbitant amounts to flee, only to find they were paying unscrupulous smugglers with no intention of providing safe passage. And if they managed to escape, they faced attacks from pirates who raped, looted and murdered defenceless refugees. Thousands are believed to have perished because their rickety boats sank in tropical storms. And if they managed to survive all that, many Southeast Asian countries were unwilling or unable to give them succor.

............

Eventually the arrival of the Boat People amounted to the largest single group of refugees ever accepted by Canada. Between 1975 and 1985 about 111,000 came to Canada, 14,000 of those to British Columbia. The peak year was 1980, when the province received almost 5,000 of the 35,000 that arrived in Canada. What was remarkable was that 30,000 were sponsored by individual Canadians, religious organizations and other non-profit groups. In fact the arrival of Vietnamese refugees marked the beginning of the country's private refugee sponsorship program.

it is a nice gesture for Canada to accept refugees but we do need all types of people to sustain the country
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Anonymous

here are the facts about the boat people

http://www.discovervancouver.com/GVB...vietnamese.asp

Quote:

Throughout the late 1970s, stories about the Boat People continued to dominate international media coverage of Southeast Asia. Refugees told of paying exorbitant amounts to flee, only to find they were paying unscrupulous smugglers with no intention of providing safe passage. And if they managed to escape, they faced attacks from pirates who raped, looted and murdered defenceless refugees. Thousands are believed to have perished because their rickety boats sank in tropical storms. And if they managed to survive all that, many Southeast Asian countries were unwilling or unable to give them succor.

............

Eventually the arrival of the Boat People amounted to the largest single group of refugees ever accepted by Canada. Between 1975 and 1985 about 111,000 came to Canada, 14,000 of those to British Columbia. The peak year was 1980, when the province received almost 5,000 of the 35,000 that arrived in Canada. What was remarkable was that 30,000 were sponsored by individual Canadians, religious organizations and other non-profit groups. In fact the arrival of Vietnamese refugees marked the beginning of the country's private refugee sponsorship program.

it is a nice gesture for Canada to accept refugees but we do need all types of people to sustain the country

Exactly my point! You got it down.
 
Anonymous
#23
hey Andem & Twila, c'mon don't tell me you actually feel threatened by "boat people" *roll eyes* the net has way too much hype, can't believe everything you read folks !!
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Anonymous

hey Andem & Twila, c'mon don't tell me you actually feel threatened by "boat people" *roll eyes* the net has way too much hype, can't believe everything you read folks !!

I don't just read it, I see it. I live in Toronto and when I'm driving down parliament (for an example), I see something called "Regent Park". This is a perfect example of a ghetto (I suggest you use the dictionary to find the real meaning of the word). I've seen a city degrade with a growing immigrant population.

So if you say I have to see it to believe, I have.
 
Anonymous
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Quote: Originally Posted by Anonymous

hey Andem & Twila, c'mon don't tell me you actually feel threatened by "boat people" *roll eyes* the net has way too much hype, can't believe everything you read folks !!

I don't just read it, I see it. I live in Toronto and when I'm driving down parliament (for an example), I see something called "Regent Park". This is a perfect example of a ghetto (I suggest you use the dictionary to find the real meaning of the word). I've seen a city degrade with a growing immigrant population.

So if you say I have to see it to believe, I have.

That's Toronto for you, I used to live there too. But it's just one city. Toronto is not the entire country.
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#26
Don't forget Vancouver!
 
czardogs
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Quote: Originally Posted by Anonymous

hey Andem & Twila, c'mon don't tell me you actually feel threatened by "boat people" *roll eyes* the net has way too much hype, can't believe everything you read folks !!

I don't just read it, I see it. I live in Toronto and when I'm driving down parliament (for an example), I see something called "Regent Park". This is a perfect example of a ghetto (I suggest you use the dictionary to find the real meaning of the word). I've seen a city degrade with a growing immigrant population.

So if you say I have to see it to believe, I have.

Go to any major Canadian city and there will be a run down area. Look closely and see that they are not all inhabited by "immigrants". One of the worst in Canada - Vancouvers notorious east end or crack row is not because of immigrants even though its bordering Chinatown - its almost exclusively whites.

So, I and many others dont buy the chicken little story of immigrants ruining the country.

Immigrants have always made a conveniant scape goat to cover over the complacency of others for our social ills.

Remember now pre war Germany used jews as an excuse for the decade long depression.
 

Similar Threads

63
Immigration
by ironsides | May 9th, 2010
39
Quebec a nation with in a nation
by Paladin | Dec 9th, 2006
44
Illegal Immigration: US
by Champloo | Jul 6th, 2006
131
What's up with Immigration in the US?
by Kreskin | Apr 17th, 2006
21
Immigration In America
by jimmoyer | Apr 13th, 2006