Essential features of the apostle of God

eanassir
Essential features of the apostle of God
These are generally speaking, and there are some exceptions and moderation.

First of all he is an ordinary man like other people: eats, drinks, makes sexual intercourse with his wife, relieves the nature, becomes ill and then is cured, and works to obtain his livelihood; just like all other people.

He should be kind-hearted and merciful especially to the weak, orphans and widows so God selects him for the apostle-hood.

He inclines to forgive and pardon others, and is not rancorous so that he will intercede for them on Judgment Day.

He forbears patiently the difficulties and hard situations.

He is intelligent and wise.

Intact physically, but may have some minor defects like the difficulty of speaking the proud will be proud over him, and the modest believer will follow him.

Almost he is orphan and poor; e.g. Moses and Mohammed were orphans; and Jesus was created without father.

Almost he is mature about 40 years when he is sent.

Is made and grown according to God's will and decree, and God takes care about him and guards him: to carry out the mission.

He is one of his people: loves his people and is zealous to them and likes to benefit them.
He is known among his people with his good reputation, righteousness and truthfulness.
He is patriot.
Speaks the same language of his people and knows their social difficulties and requirements.
He is sad for the problems of his people and sincerely desires to reform them.

This is in the Quran 9: 128
لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ ..الخ

The explanation:
( Now there has come to you [O Arab] an [Arabian] apostle [: Mohammed]: being one of you [: who speaks your language and is one of your senators or chiefs];
your suffering is so difficult to him;
anxious is he over you[r belief];
and to believers he is compassionate [and] merciful.

So if they turn away [from you, Mohammed, and believe not], say: "God suffices me; there is [in the universe] no god but He; in Him I have put my trust [to preach the religion]; He is the Lord of the Great Throne.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His mission is essentially to invite people to devote themselves to God alone, and not to any other purpose.

His mission is to give the glad tidings of Paradise for the monotheist, and to warn of Hell fire for the idolater and those associating other beings or things with God.

http://www.quran-ayat.com

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

First of all he is an ordinary man ...
He should be kind-hearted and merciful ...

He inclines to forgive ...

He forbears patiently....

[etc.]

Apparently only men can be apostles of god. Does god not talk to women?

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

The true God certainly does. But apparently not Allah. I smell a false God.
Last edited by In Between Man; Nov 8th, 2009 at 01:36 AM..Reason: ads

Dexter Sinister
It's the same one, operating under a different name.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

Allah is the Arabic word for god (an English word), the same god as the bible and Abraham, Jews and Christians alike. Sometimes you can be pretty dense.

AnnaG

Silly question. Women aren't humans. We are possessions.

AnnaG
Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Part One

Not that it makes any difference. Gods are irrelevant to anything but stories with which to awe and scare children.

eanassir

They say that there was a she-prophet according to the Torah (included in the OT); it may be related to definition of the word "prophet": I don't know.

In the Quran, nothing said about any woman that was sent as an apostle.
  • But God revealed to the mother of Moses: as He or like that He revealed to prophets, and she was a true believer and obeye the command of God to cast her baby in the river Nile (putting him in a basket painted with pitch, and she was affirmed to conceal that he was her son.)
This is in the Quran 28: 7
وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى أُمِّ مُوسَى أَنْ أَرْضِعِيهِ فَإِذَا خِفْتِ عَلَيْهِ فَأَلْقِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ وَلَا تَخَافِي وَلَا تَحْزَنِي إِنَّا رَادُّوهُ إِلَيْكِ وَجَاعِلُوهُ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ
The explanation:
(And We revealed to the mother of Moses [saying:]

"Suckle him and, when you fear for him, then cast him into the river [Nile], and fear not nor grieve;

[for surely] We shall [soon] restore him to you, and shall [in the future] make him [one] of [Our] messengers.")

• And Mary: Jesus mother, she received the revelation: that she will bear the Christ, and she was a true believer in the Ten Words of her Lord. The angels talk to her by inspiration and Gabriel appeared before her and spoke to her about her bearing of Jesus.
Almost the apostle was a man; because he is sent to people and almost such people are obstinate and stubborn; moreover the apostle has special attributes like his leadership personality and mostly he is one of the house of their chiefs or the house of their religious leaders: so they might listen to his words.

And as you know, the teenager (or ? man in general) will centre on the body centre of the second person, specially if the second person is a woman
Last edited by eanassir; Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:18 PM..

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

The smell of your pistol be in your nose!

This proves you are not God-fearing; I tell you how this is:

If God, Allah and Yahweh are synonyms of the Creator in English, Arabic and Hebrew; while God is neither English nor Arab nor Hebrew: because He is the Lord of all nations and created them all; then what will your apology be before God and you tell Him: this is not your name?

So Allah or God or Yahweh is not false, but the false is your enthusiasm.

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Silly question. Women aren't humans. We are possessions.

Both men and women are possessions of God the Lord of all nations.

The important thing, whether you are a woman or man: are you going to suceed or to lose?

eanassir

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God? Part One

Not that it makes any difference. Gods are irrelevant to anything but stories with which to awe and scare children.

The irrelevant are your stories, like your nice girl pouring the ? Niagara falls

Dexter Sinister
I can't find anything coherent in your last four posts, I have no idea what you're going on about.

AnnaG

Both men and women are possessions of God the Lord of all nations.

The important thing, whether you are a woman or man: are you going to suceed or to lose?

According to some religions (the ones men developed, of course), women are men's possessions, though. According to your holey texts, both are what you say.
I am no-one's possession except mine, according to me. Gods show no interest in me, so they are definitely of no import to me.

AnnaG

The irrelevant are your stories, like your nice girl pouring the ? Niagara falls

Whatever.

AnnaG

I can't find anything coherent in your last four posts, I have no idea what you're going on about.

I think he's trying to insult me, but I may be wrong.

SirJosephPorter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Allah is the Arabic word for god (an English word), the same god as the bible and Abraham, Jews and Christians alike. Sometimes you can be pretty dense.

Not quite. Allah may be Arab word for God, but I think it was co-opted into the Arabic; Allah predates Islam, Mohammad and Koran.

Allah was originally a Hindu Goddess. There is an Upanishad called Allopanishad (Upanishads are part of Hindu Scripture). Later the Goddess traveled to the Middle East. At the time of Mohammed, people in the Middle East used to worship many Gods, including Allah.

Mohammed decreed that all Gods except Allah are false Gods, and people must worship only Allah. Allah did not originate with Islam; it was an already existent God which was co-opted into Islam.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

Not quite. Allah may be Arab word for God, but I think it was co-opted into the Arabic; Allah predates Islam, Mohammad and Koran.

Allah was originally a Hindu Goddess. There is an Upanishad called Allopanishad (Upanishads are part of Hindu Scripture). Later the Goddess traveled to the Middle East. At the time of Mohammed, people in the Middle East used to worship many Gods, including Allah.

Mohammed decreed that all Gods except Allah are false Gods, and people must worship only Allah. Allah did not originate with Islam; it was an already existent God which was co-opted into Islam.

Holy Crap! Allah is a chick! Muslims are going to freak out on that. Eanassir will be wetting his bed for months before he comes to grips with that revelation!

SirJosephPorter

Holy Crap! Allah is a chick! Muslims are going to freak out on that. Eanassir will be wetting his bed for months before he comes to grips with that revelation!

Hinduism is the oldest religion around. All the other religions were derived to greater or lesser extent from Hinduism. Christians have borrowed freely from Hinduism as well.

Indeed, if you are going to start a new religion, why go to the trouble of inventing something out of whole cloth? That will be like reinventing the wheel. It is much easier, it makes much more sense to start with something that is already around and build a new religion based upon it.

SirJosephPorter
Cliffy, check out the Wikipedia article about Allah. It clearly says that Allah predates Islam and was worshipped in Arabia before the advent of Mohammed. Also you may find the following on interest:

http://www.instablogs.com/outer_perm...-is-a-moon-god

Originally, Allah is supposed to be a moon Goddess. No wonder moon plays such a prominent part in Islam.

AnnaG
Actually Hinduism was replaced in 2006 as the oldest religion. Another clue that humans originated in Africa is that really ancient artifacts (like 70,000 year old items) have been discovered that indicate humans worshipped snakes a lot time before Hinduism came about. The Vedas were only written about 1500 BCE. Zoroastrianism seems to go back to the 13th or 14th century BCE.
It helps to check one's facts before shooting off mouth.

Cliffy
And nobody ever mentions the religions of the Americas, which predate the Vedas and many are still actively practiced today. "White" history only recognizes eastern history as valid rarely considering that there were civilizations in the Americas that predate any in Asia or Europe

AnnaG

And nobody ever mentions the religions of the Americas, which predate the Vedas and many are still actively practiced today. "White" history only recognizes eastern history as valid rarely considering that there were civilizations in the Americas that predate any in Asia or Europe

I do mention them. I've even posted a few tales of our gods and stuff. I am not no-one.

Cliffy

I do mention them. I've even posted a few tales of our gods and stuff. I am not no-one.

Sorry Anna, "almost no one."

MHz

If Jesus does then God does also.
Lu:10:39:
And she had a sister called Mary,
which also sat at Jesus' feet,
and heard his word.

MHz

According to some religions (the ones men developed, of course), women are men's possessions, though. According to your holey texts, both are what you say.
I am no-one's possession except mine, according to me. Gods show no interest in me, so they are definitely of no import to me.

Why should He, this is not the time to show 'Godly attention' to anybody. Since God does see you as one of His possessions He will sent the breath of life back to you (if you need it) at either Christ's coming or God's Judgment Day.
Either way all dangers to you will be gone. The choice to stay or leave will be left in your hands.

eanassir
The apostle is not rancorous

The apostle of God inclines to forgive and pardon the one that offends and transgresses on him, and is not rancorous; i.e. God chooses His apostle as a righteous man who is not rancorous so that he will intercede for them on Judgment Day;
while if he is rancorous, he will not forgive them their offense against him, and then will not intercede for their behalf on Judgment Day.

This is in the Quran 3: 161

وَمَا كَانَ لِنَبِيٍّ أَن يَغُلَّ وَمَن يَغْلُلْ يَأْتِ بِمَا غَلَّ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ تُوَفَّى كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَّا كَسَبَتْ وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَ

The explanation:
(It is not for any prophet to bear rancor [against his folk.] Whoso bears rancor will bring his rancor with him on the Day of Judgment [and so will not intercede for them,]

then every soul will be paid in full [the recompense of] what [good and evil] it has earned [in the life of the World];

and they will not be wronged [concerning their rights in what they deserve.])

http://www.quran-ayat.com/

Cliffy
eanassir,
What, no comment on Allah being a Goddess?

eanassir
Repeated and deleted.
Last edited by eanassir; Nov 9th, 2009 at 10:20 PM..

eanassir

I am no-one's possession except mine, according to me.

And God That created you and everything in the universe, doesn't He own you and everything else in His creation? If you are right in your claim, then did
you come to this World with your own will? or will you avert the death when it will inevitably come on you?

Gods show no interest in me, so they are definitely of no import to me.

So does God create His creation in vain and aimlessly?
All the systems and orders in the universe say clearly that there is wisdom and purpose, and all people will go to the next afterlife (by the process of death), as did they all come to this World (by the process of birth.)

As in the Quran 23: 115

أَفَحَسِبْتُمْ أَنَّمَا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ عَبَثًا وَأَنَّكُمْ إِلَيْنَا لَا تُرْجَعُونَ

The explanation:
("Did you think that We created you aimlessly, and that you would not return to Us!?")

http://www.quran-ayat.com/
Last edited by eanassir; Nov 9th, 2009 at 10:14 PM..

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

Allah in Arabic originally means Al-ilah: the god.

This word Allah is the synonym of God in English, Yahweh in Hebrew, Khodah in Persian and Kurdish, etc.

Of course the Quran was revealed in the language of the Arab; and the word Allah was used before the Quran to indicate the Creator Who is known to all people everywhere by different names according to their languages.

Allah or God is there before the Indian and before the Arab and before all people and all angels even.

These are names only and the named One is the same One.

In other words: God has many names: Arabic, Hindu, Hebrew, English ...etc; but He is the same One: the Creator; while all other idols are false and invented.

This in the Quran 59: 22-24 about God or Allah:

هُوَ اللَّهُ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ هُوَ الرَّحْمَنُ الرَّحِيمُ . هُوَ اللَّهُ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْمَلِكُ الْقُدُّوسُ السَّلَامُ الْمُؤْمِنُ الْمُهَيْمِنُ الْعَزِيزُ الْجَبَّارُ الْمُتَكَبِّرُ سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ . هُوَ اللَّهُ الْخَالِقُ الْبَارِئُ الْمُصَوِّرُ لَهُ الْأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى يُسَبِّحُ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

The explanation:
(He is God; there is no god [to be worshipped in the universe] but He.

He is the All-Knowing of all that is absent [: invisible and unknown to you], and all that is present [: visible and known to you];

He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

He is God; there is no god but He:
the Sovereign Lord,
the Sanctified [by His angels],
the All-Peaceable,
the Believer [in Himself],
the Dominant [over His creatures],
the Almighty,
the Compeller [of unbelievers to the Fire],
the Most Sublime [above His servants.]
Celebrated be God above all that they associate [with Him.]

He is God;
the Creator [of all the creation],