Andrew Scheer Is Killing the Conservative Brand

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What's a head shop?

It's a place where Petros goes to get head from a First Nations Canadian.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

It's a place where Petros goes to get head from a First Nations Canadian.

Quite the accusation.

mentalfloss
To be fair, he never really gets past second base.

Danbones
Free Thinker
WOW the racists ( hypocrits) do appear

Ndns didn't even have hookers till you white trash trump hater tards showed up

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Don't be daft.

Unlike Americans, we can show the numbers in seats.

There's the odd election out, but most of the time polls are generally on point.

Selective memory. You were quoting polls in electoral college votes. Hillary was going to take NC and PA and MI -- the polls said so.

Walter
+1
Scheer will have a lot to clear up in 2019 when he becomes PM.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Scheer will have a lot to clear up in 2019 when he becomes PM.

I don't envy him. This place will be a mess.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Selective memory. You were quoting polls in electoral college votes. Hillary was going to take NC and PA and MI -- the polls said so.

They are occasionally wrong, but the general consensus is that the popular vote was on point.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Whatever brand the conservatives had was put to death when they lined up with the Reform idjits and all gave back their gold plated pensions.

You're such an idiot

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

Whatever brand the conservatives had was put to death when they lined up with the Reform idjits and all gave back their gold plated pensions.

Reformers were mostly western conservatives that were disenchanted with the eastern conservatives and liberals who we view as one and the same. Harper managed to heal the rift in order to rid us of the plague. Had Bernie won a great number of westerners would not have voted conservative simply because he is from Quebec and another Quebec PM of any stripe will not fly in the west.

Most people look at the leader and vote for the local candidate based on the platform that the leader communicates.

That's why we need to move to proportional representation.

The only fair proportional representation is one where the votes are weighted according to the size of the riding. So a city MP or MLAS that only represents a couple of blocks gets 1 vote and then it goes up based on the SQ. KM. Of the riding so a big riding might get 3 or 4 votes.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Had Bernie won a great number of westerners would not have voted conservative simply because he is from Quebec

You're an idiot. People like you are part of the reason the younger generation has such a low opinion of conservatives. If we could just get folks like you to shut the fukk up, the Conservatives would do much better

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1

Who knew that the conbots wouldn't be able to beat Trudeau?

(Everyone...)

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

You're an idiot. People like you are part of the reason the younger generation has such a low opinion of conservatives. If we could just get folks like you to shut the fukk up, the Conservatives would do much better

You're upset again... I can tell

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+1
No he isnít, heís just bland like his predecessor. Being bland didnít really hurt him much.

IdRatherBeSkiing

They are occasionally wrong, but the general consensus is that the popular vote was on point.

Now you are just picking one little category (one which before the election you cautioned us was meaningless) to salvage what was a complete failure of the pollsters.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

The only fair proportional representation is one where the votes are weighted according to the size of the riding. So a city MP or MLAS that only represents a couple of blocks gets 1 vote and then it goes up based on the SQ. KM. Of the riding so a big riding might get 3 or 4 votes.

This makes no sense. Some piece of arctic tundra with 3 inuit on it gets more votes then a neighbourhood in Toronto?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

No he isnít, heís just bland like his predecessor. Being bland didnít really hurt him much.

It only lead to his complete repudiation.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

Now you are just picking one little category (one which before the election you cautioned us was meaningless) to salvage what was a complete failure of the pollsters.

This makes no sense. Some piece of arctic tundra with 3 inuit on it gets more votes then a neighbourhood in Toronto?

Exactly. It is the only way I see to balance out the voting system.Currently a little band about 200 miles wide decides the fate of the whole country.Our voices are never heard in rural areas. And the majority in that little band are totally out of touch with reality.Many ridings are larger than PEI and have many communities yet they only get one vote under our current system.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Why do you hate democracy?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
You're upset

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
I'm going to make a suggestion here and I'm being very humble about it. Don't be so presumptuous. I didn't think Trudeau had a snowballs chance in hell at getting a majority. Nor did I think the NDP would form the government in Alberta.

Andrew Scheer is still relatively new leader and will need time for Canadians to get to know him.

Justin Trudeau, on the other hand, has shown himself to be completely incompetent at everything but cutting cheques and making apologies.
  • He is running up the debt like a teenage girl with a super duper unlimited titanium gold platinum Master Card;
  • He enraged the majority of Canadians by paying Omar Khadr 10.5 million and apologizing;
  • The National inquiry in Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women is a god damned circus in fact it is now morphing into the National inquiry in Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls and LBTQ2S according to the website;
  • His government is now facing further lawsuits in excess of 50 million for Guantanamo and Syrian Canadian detainees;
  • He wants to integrate ISIS fighters back into Canadian Society "Ha.;
  • He stabbed veterans in the back and is now fighting them in court;
  • He has no free trade deal with China; and
  • The collapse of NAFTA is a possibility.

So, I wouldn't be too smug.

Also, I don't think we need another politician from Quebec. We already have one running the country.

justlooking
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

I'm going to make a suggestion here and I'm being very humble about it. Don't be so presumptuous. I didn't think Trudeau had a snowballs chance in hell at getting a majority. Nor did I think the NDP would form the government in Alberta.

Andrew Scheer is still relatively new leader and will need time for Canadians to get to know him.

Really ? Sorry, I saw it coming from miles away.
The dippers in AB was a big 'f$%^ you' vote against the Cons, it was easy to see people were pissed off,
but unable to lash out at the right people. Like Obama and the Saudis.

Same with Tater Tot, history will record Harper as one of the better PMs.
But hair and dope and free gibs are more attractive than keeping things under control.
The average voter went full retard for the Drama Queen.

The problem, is Scheer might be ok for the normal Con, but he isn't doing much to separate himself
from Dopey. He is still in the shadows. Too much Joe Who.
Scheer needs to get some fire in the belly, better social media, and start humiliating the Lieberals.
Get some Dief into him.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Really ? Sorry, I saw it coming from miles away.
The dippers in AB was a big 'f$%^ you' vote against the Cons, it was easy to see people were pissed off,
but unable to lash out at the right people. Like Obama and the Saudis.

Same with Tater Tot, history will record Harper as one of the better PMs.
But hair and dope and free gibs are more attractive than keeping things under control.
The average voter went full retard for the Drama Queen.

The problem, is Scheer might be ok for the normal Con, but he isn't doing much to separate himself
from Dopey. He is still in the shadows. Too much Joe Who.
Scheer needs to get some fire in the belly, better social media, and start humiliating the Lieberals.
Get some Dief into him.

Diefenbaker was an American lapdog.

Scheer is still very new. I'm going to give him some time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ha4uOiAKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGatMfmXEg

Hoid

Justin Trudeau, on the other hand, has shown himself to be completely incompetent at everything but cutting cheques and making apologies.

• He is running up the debt like a teenage girl with a super duper unlimited titanium gold platinum Master Card;
  • He enraged the majority of Canadians by paying Omar Khadr 10.5 million and apologizing;
  • The National inquiry in Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women is a god damned circus in fact it is now morphing into the National inquiry in Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls and LBTQ2S according to the website;
  • His government is now facing further lawsuits in excess of 50 million for Guantanamo and Syrian Canadian detainees;
  • He wants to integrate ISIS fighters back into Canadian Society "Ha.;
  • He stabbed veterans in the back and is now fighting them in court;
  • He has no free trade deal with China; and
  • The collapse of NAFTA is a possibility.

So, I wouldn't be too smug.

Also, I don't think we need another politician from Quebec. We already have one running the country.

Trudeau was born in Ottawa and grew up there and in Montreal and in BC.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

They're getting slaughtered in seats.

And they will continue to lose if they maintain their social conservativism (ie. idiots like you).

Canadian Conservatives are libertarians.

And you are really concerned about this .

but they were not conservatives.

the BC Socred party renamed itself the Liberals but that didn't make them liberals.

No that is not what actually happened , but you know that . Did I call you a liar , again ?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You're upset

*hugz

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation

mentalfloss
Is that George Soros?

DaSleeper

Diefenbaker was an American lapdog.

Yes .....especially when he cancelled the Avro

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2
Now known as the Avro23 Arrow

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Don't forget- that piece of "arctic tundra" may comprise 300,000 square miles and is sitting on more resources than the entire city of Toronto. While it's important to tie electoral strength to population, population shouldn't be the sole factor. NU, N.W.T. and Yukon comprise half the area of Canada but account for less than 1% of the seats! I don't think that's right. Our entire frontier with Russia is located there, not to mention an entire ocean.

I'd rather he not be known!

DaSleeper
+3

That's the one that really needs to be cancelled....