Health Canada advises cell phone users to reduce cancer risk


Liberalman
#1
Health Canada advises cell phone users to reduce cancer risk

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Health+Canada+advises+cellphone+users+reduce+cance r+risk/5502320/story.html

I knew it for years that prolong cell phone use is dangerous and to be specific the talking or transmit part is the one that does the harm.

Years back a person had a hand held portable ham radio and got a florescent tube he put the antenna to the florescent tube and nothing happened but when he pressed the transmit button that small part of the tube lit up.

Electromagnetic waves kill eventually.

Health Canada says itís dangerous then it is.
 
Dexter Sinister
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Health Canada didn't say it's dangerous. Read that piece again, it's full of caveats, might and maybe and possibly and could be, there's no definitive information in it at all. All it really says is that we don't know if it's dangerous or not.
 
Colpy
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Health Canada didn't say it's dangerous. Read that piece again, it's full of caveats, might and maybe and possibly and could be, there's no definitive information in it at all. All it really says is that we don't know if it's dangerous or not.

Yeah, stuff like this drives me nuts.....

A VERY short trip....
 
Liberalman
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Health Canada didn't say it's dangerous. Read that piece again, it's full of caveats, might and maybe and possibly and could be, there's no definitive information in it at all. All it really says is that we don't know if it's dangerous or not.

By Health Canada putting out a warning to limit cellphone use for people 18 years or under implies dangerous
 
damngrumpy
#5
Can you imagine, putting cancer warnings on your phone? Worse yet what if
you can't smoke or use your phone in a public place, or government building.
This whole thing is nonsense.
 
Dexter Sinister
#6
Implying isn't the same as saying it. Read the piece again, it says we don't know if it's dangerous, a few studies suggest it might be, but most show no conclusive connection between cell phone use and cancer so it probably isn't, but just to be on the safe side pending receipt of more data, limit the use of cell phones, especially in younger people because their developing bodies are generally more sensitive to environmental pollutants of various kinds. It does not support anything like what you claim in the OP, nor does it provide any useful information about what "limit" means. How many minutes or hours a day are they talking about? No useful information. It's a scare piece of sloppy journalism and you fell for it because it leans toward your biases: "Electromagnetic waves kill eventually." That's too broad a generalization to mean anything useful or interesting. Ordinary visible light is an electromagnetic wave.
Last edited by Dexter Sinister; Oct 5th, 2011 at 01:10 AM..
 
Cliffy
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Implying isn't the same as saying it. Read the piece again, it says we don't know if it's dangerous, a few studies suggest it might be, but most show no conclusive connection between cell phone use and cancer so it probably isn't, but just to be on the safe side pending receipt of more data, limit the use of cell phones, especially in younger people because their developing bodies are generally more sensitive to environmental pollutants of various kinds. It does not support anything like what you claim in the OP, nor does it provide any useful information about what "limit" means. How many minutes or hours a day are they talking about? No useful information. It's a scare piece of sloppy journalism and you fell for it because it leans toward your biases: "Electromagnetic waves kill eventually." That's too broad a generalization to mean anything useful or interesting. Ordinary visible light is an electromagnetic wave.

Yes and everyone dies eventually. That makes it conclusive.
 
Dexter Sinister
#8
Yep, living is fatal.
 
VanIsle
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

By Health Canada putting out a warning to limit cellphone use for people 18 years or under implies dangerous

No. It says that IF it ever becomes a fact that cell phones cause cancer, Health Canada warned people so they will not be liable. End of story until there is or is not any proof. Health Canada just did they old CYA.
 
Liberalman
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

No. It says that IF it ever becomes a fact that cell phones cause cancer, Health Canada warned people so they will not be liable. End of story until there is or is not any proof. Health Canada just did they old CYA.

Which means that there is a cause for concern which is why Health Canada has released a statement on it.
 
gerryh
#11
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.
 
petros
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

It's just tilting.
 

Similar Threads

3
Chocolate may reduce risk in pregnancy
by Praxius | Jul 9th, 2010
0
Health Canada Fighting Cancer
by paullind10 | Oct 3rd, 2007