2 Saskatoon police officers resign over 'inappropriate behaviour' case


Ron in Regina
#1
2 Saskatoon police officers resign over 'inappropriate behaviour' case

Last Updated: Monday, January 12, 2009 | 10:48 AM CT


Two Saskatoon police officers have resigned in the wake of a sex scandal in the department.
Four other officers have been disciplined in the case that first became public last month. The incidents involved five male officers and one female officer and took place over the past few months, the police service said.

The police service said then that "inappropriate behaviour" had occurred, but it hasn't provided any details of what happened.

Sources have told CBC that the case concerned police officers having sex during office hours in the main police building.

There are no allegations of criminal behaviour or sexual harassment.

Saskatoon police chief Clive Weighill is sending a message to officers and the public, said Alyson Edwards, spokeswoman for the police service.

"The behaviour here was not becoming of our members, and it's not something that we tolerate. Anything further than that, I can't say," he said.

Of the remaining officers involved, one was demoted and the other three were suspended without pay. The longest suspension was one month.

The police officers haven't been identified.

Source: 2 Saskatoon police officers resign over 'inappropriate behaviour' case
___________________________________
If this is an example of their "on the job" judgment, inside the station....is it
fair to question the judgment of these same officers "on the job" and out in
the streets...further away from supervision?

 
shadowshiv
#2
There is a time and a place for sex, and having it in the police station while on duty is neither of those.
 
Ron in Regina
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

There is a time and a place for sex, and having it in the police station while on duty is neither of those.


If this is an example of their "on the job" judgment, inside the station....is it
fair to question the judgment of these same officers "on the job" and out in
the streets...further away from supervision?
 
Spade
#4
To quote the article: "The longest suspension was one month."

What was suspended the shortest?
 
Ron in Regina
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

To quote the article: "The longest suspension was one month."

What was suspended the shortest?


I've read about this story in a couple of different papers. I've read that one was
suspended (without pay) for a month, and one was suspended (without pay) for
a week. I don't know if those are the extremes, or two of the four....but I'm sure
that it's none of the publics business....it's not like they're public servants or anything.
Pay your tax's and keep your eyes on the floor now!
 
karrie
#6
Wasting time at work. Big whoop. Everyone does it. Solitaire, a coffee break that's a bit too long, nookie in the supply closet. What's the big deal?
 
Ron in Regina
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Wasting time at work. Big whoop. Everyone does it. Solitaire, a coffee break that's a bit too long, nookie in the supply closet. What's the big deal?


Yeah....ya' got a point there. I work like a dog for eight months of the year, and am
told to just do what I have to, to stay sane for about four months of the year. Luckily
I'm near the end of the slow time 'cuz much more and I wouldn't be able to take it.
This (CC) is part of my stay'n sane program. Whatever eh? Human nature, etc...
Stories like this thread still P.O. me when it's on the public dime, but that's just me.
Nothing to see here....move along....
 
Toro
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

There is a time and a place for sex, and having it in the police station while on duty is neither of those.

Apparently, you are unaware of a whole genre of adult movies.
 
karrie
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Yeah....ya' got a point there. I work like a dog for eight months of the year, and am
told to just do what I have to, to stay sane for about four months of the year. Luckily
I'm near the end of the slow time 'cuz much more and I wouldn't be able to take it.
This (CC) is part of my stay'n sane program. Whatever eh? Human nature, etc...
Stories like this thread still P.O. me when it's on the public dime, but that's just me.
Nothing to see here....move along....

well, I have a problem with people wasting company time and money. But, I also get annoyed when companies decide to crack down on just one specific time waster rather than all of them. Considering how long sex typically lasts, it's less wasteful than solitaire or net surfing.
 
VanIsle
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

There is a time and a place for sex, and having it in the police station while on duty is neither of those.

True! Shouldn't be taking part while off duty at the police office either.
 
VanIsle
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

To quote the article: "The longest suspension was one month."

What was suspended the shortest?

What was?
 
Cannuck
#12
Sex at the office was good enough for Clinton. Personally, I would be happy to know that the cop in my rear view mirror just got laid.
 
Spade
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Sex at the office was good enough for Clinton. Personally, I would be happy to know that the cop in my rear view mirror just got laid.

Yep, you wouldn't want to be rear ended by Constable Randy!

PS
Sorry VI2, it was a feeble double entendre!
 
JLM
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Wasting time at work. Big whoop. Everyone does it. Solitaire, a coffee break that's a bit too long, nookie in the supply closet. What's the big deal?

YES KARRIE, BUT in an emergency you can quit a game of solitare faster than you can get your pants back on!!!!!!!!
 
karrie
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

YES KARRIE, BUT in an emergency you can quit a game of solitare faster than you can get your pants back on!!!!!!!!

true, but, when you factor in the amount of time stolen, which one will take the average guy longer? I'd bet the solitaire. lol.
 
bobnoorduyn
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

YES KARRIE, BUT in an emergency you can quit a game of solitare faster than you can get your pants back on!!!!!!!!

I would hope that they would respond to an emergency with a patrol car already on the street. If they responded from the station I don't think an extra 3 minutes to get dressed is going to make a helluva lot of difference, they will be far too late regardless.
 
Vanni Fucci
#17
That's what they get for using Super Troopers as a training film...
 
JLM
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

I would hope that they would respond to an emergency with a patrol car already on the street. If they responded from the station I don't think an extra 3 minutes to get dressed is going to make a helluva lot of difference, they will be far too late regardless.

Yeah, but who said the hanky panky was confined to the station?
 
Ron in Regina
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yeah, but who said the hanky panky was confined to the station?


Well....you'll never know.
______________________________
Source: Saskatoon Police Chief Tight-Lipped | News Talk 980

The Saskatoon Police Service has concluded an investigation into "inappropriate conduct" at the police station and has disciplined six officers. Many residents are curious as to exactly what happened, but the police chief is not providing any new information.

Chief Clive Weighill says the incident did not involve the public and as such, details will be kept private. Rumours about sex during work hours are making the rounds, but Weighill says it's a done deal.

"There's a real problem for me to release any further information on this," he says. "I can assure the citizens of Saskatoon it's been dealt with, the officers involved have been disciplined, and we're moving on from here."

Weighill says it's not a public matter, there was no criminal activity involved, and that no one filed a complaint of sexual harassment. He says under similar conditions, no other institution or organization would come forward with specific details.

Two of the officers have resigned. Three others have been suspended, and one more was demoted.
______________________________
The Police police the Police. Done deal. Nothing to see here. Move along.
 
Spade
#20
YouTube - No more wanking at work
 
Nuggler
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

well, I have a problem with people wasting company time and money. But, I also get annoyed when companies decide to crack down on just one specific time waster rather than all of them. Considering how long sex typically lasts, it's less wasteful than solitaire or net surfing.


Harrumph: Speak for thyself.

Nuggler(me love you longtime ina broom closet)
 
Ron in Regina
#22
Source: Crime in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

???????????????????????????????????

The province with the lowest crime rate in 2006 was for the third straight year Ontario with 5,689 per 100,000, followed by Quebec with 5909 per 100,000. The province with the highest crime rate for the 9th straight year was Saskatchewan with 13,711 per 100,000. Saskatoon is the city with the highest crime rate following by its provincial counterpart Regina . Quebec City , Trois-Rivières , and Saguenay have the lowest crime rates of any city and are all located in Quebec . [2] The three northern territories have higher crime rates per capita than any province.

??????????????????????????????????

Need to do more "wanking" ???? RE: VIDEO ABOVE.
 
Nuggler
#23
But, how much of that high crime rate is actually bona-fide wanking?

Aha...........!!! Seee!!!
 
Ron in Regina
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

But, how much of that high crime rate is actually bona-fide wanking?

Aha...........!!! Seee!!!


Could just be a decade long coinsidence....
 
shadowshiv
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro View Post

Apparently, you are unaware of a whole genre of adult movies.

Actually, I am quite aware of the whole genre of adult movies.