MSM Hypocrisy

Toro
(I didn't see this posted so if it has, moderators please delete this thread.)

So its okay to insult Jesus and Bush, and defecate on an American flag, but God forbid if you draw a comic of Muhammed! Talk about Western guilt.

Quote:

'South Park' aims at censors, hits Bush, Jesus

Show gets back at Comedy Central for restrictions

Saturday, April 15, 2006 Posted: 0002 GMT (0802 HKT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Banned by Comedy Central from showing an image of the Islamic prophet Mohammed, the creators of "South Park" skewered their own network for hypocrisy in the cartoon's most recent episode.

The comedy -- in an episode aired during Holy Week for Christians -- instead featured an image of Jesus Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag.

In an elaborately constructed two-part episode of their Peabody Award-winning cartoon, "South Park" creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker intended to comment on the controversy created by a Danish newspaper's publishing of caricatures of Mohammed. Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.

When the cartoons were reprinted in newspapers worldwide in January and February, it sparked a wave of protests primarily in Islamic countries.

Parker and Stone were angered when told by Comedy Central several weeks ago that they could not run an image of Mohammed, according to a person close to the show who didn't want to be identified because of the issue's sensitivity.

The network's decision was made over concerns for public safety, the person said.

Comedy Central said in a statement issued Thursday: "In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." Its executives would not comment further.

...continued

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/....ap/index.html

Canucklehead
This one mod who would sooner retitle a dupe thread on SOUTH PARK than delete it

Guilt and FEAR! It's what they know and thrive on down there... well that and poli-cor gone mad!

tracy
The show was hysterical! I had surgery that morning, but made sure to set my alarm so I was awake at 10PM to see the two part show. It's pretty sad that South Park is one of the few shows to point out how absolutely stupid it is to get violent over a cartoon.

Edited to add: the CBC was also parodied in the show as not allowing Terrence and Phillip to show the prophet either.

Johnny Utah
The episode was funny because Trey Parker and Matt Stone knew the Muhammed cartoon wasn't going to be shown so they used that to expose the Hypocrisy of not showing the Muhammed Cartoon while there was no problem in showing Jesus crapping on the American Flag. They Punk'd Liberals and the MSM.

If anyone hasn't seen the episodes yet go here
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=search_videos

They are in 3 parts as you will see enjoy.

Canucklehead
Oh ... My... GAWD!

South Park available online... for free... I am officially a happy camper now !!!