So watcha gonna do with your $400.00???


Semperfi_dani
#1
I'm curious for the other AB residents here, what are you going to do with your cheque once you get it?

Personally myself, i have a date with a spa..massage, pedicure, manicure and haircut..wooo. The rest i suppose i will put it into the bank for a rainy day.
 
Calberty
#2
If the same formula is used next year (and the hints are it will be), then each Albertan will get a cheque for about $950.

We don't need the money. Chicken scratch. We're taking our combined $800 and flying our nephew in from Ottawa for a week of skiing during his school break.
 
Semperfi_dani
#3
Hmm..you know, i might just say screw the massage *cuz my company covers them anyways* and use it towards my holiday (either to Ottawa or Washington D.C).

950 dollars really? Holy cow. Woohoo.
 
FiveParadox
#4
FiveParadox , from British Columbia, stands outside the window, looking into Alberta's house, wimpering sadly.

A sad piano and violin duet plays in the background...


:P
 
LittleRunningGag
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Calberty

We don't need the money. Chicken scratch. We're taking our combined $800 and flying our nephew in from Ottawa for a week of skiing during his school break.

Well not everyone in Alberta is in the same boat. I'll be payiny my rent with it.
 
Basic
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Calberty

If the same formula is used next year (and the hints are it will be), then each Albertan will get a cheque for about $950.

We don't need the money!!! Institute Kyoto for craps sake! We could do 5 times the reqirements with that kind of money!
Or even invest it in sustainable energy sources for when we run out of oil sands. Something for the future is what we need. These money giveaways are pointless!
 
Hank C
#7
Well it is not much money for us......but the 1600 we will be receiving will probably just go towards a new computer for the kids! The younger one is real excited about it though.
 
Dunkin
#8
I'm going to goto Ontario and show my cheque to everyone.
 
Hank C
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunkin

I'm going to goto Ontario and show my cheque to everyone.

....watch out they might shoot at you.

....yea it would be a funny if we made mass photocopies of our cheques and send them to Ontarians.
 
Dexter Sinister
#10
Well, if I lived in Alberta and got a $400 cheque from the gummint... I think I'd buy an astronomical telescope, set it up in my back yard, and look at the stars, planets, nebulae, and galaxies millions of light years away, and think about how picayune and trivial in the long term are most of the things that most excite us.
 
Jay
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C

Quote: Originally Posted by Dunkin

I'm going to goto Ontario and show my cheque to everyone.

....watch out they might shoot at you.

....yea it would be a funny if we made mass photocopies of our cheques and send them to Ontarians.

Why?
 
Curiosity
#12
Wow....when are they expected???

Time to visit my families in Edmonton, Calgary and Strathmore eh?

Soon as the snow melts!
 
Semperfi_dani
#13
Hank..don't make them all hate us more than they already do.... You would think we Albertan's killed babies with the way people from outside Alberta carry on. :P
 
Basic
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

Well, if I lived in Alberta and got a $400 cheque from the gummint... I think I'd buy an astronomical telescope, set it up in my back yard, and look at the stars, planets, nebulae, and galaxies millions of light years away, and think about how picayune and trivial in the long term are most of the things that most excite us.

http://www.humanistsofutah.org/2001/...eDot_6-01.html
 
Eazy
#15
$400.00, That's sweet! We don't get paid to live in Vancouver, infact we pay big bucks. hmmmm.
 
The Gunslinger
#16
I so desperately want an XBox 360, but I'll probably end up putting it the bank and saving it.
 
Mogz
#17
You know it's funny, whenever there is an election for Premier of Alberta, people always wonder if Ralph Klien will win again. He gives residents of Alberta free money and people ask this question? Look i'm not made of stone, give me the odd cheque here and there for doing nothing and i'll vote you in for another term Mr. Man. That all said, what am I spending my money-for-doing-nothing on? Probably nothing
 
Cannuck
#18
Greetings all! I gave mine to charity.
 
Jay
#19
Greetings Cannuck!
 
thulin
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mogz

You know it's funny, whenever there is an election for Premier of Alberta, people always wonder if Ralph Klien will win again. He gives residents of Alberta free money and people ask this question? Look i'm not made of stone, give me the odd cheque here and there for doing nothing and i'll vote you in for another term Mr. Man. That all said, what am I spending my money-for-doing-nothing on? Probably nothing

So Mr Klein prints money/checks in his basement huh? Them folks getting the checks has noting to do with the public economy..?

Strange though, why not just lower taxes?
 
Dino00235
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by thulin

So Mr Klein prints money/checks in his basement huh? Them folks getting the checks has noting to do with the public economy..?

Strange though, why not just lower taxes?

Well first off... us folks getting the cheques ARE the public economy. We are all in a business that either directly or indirectly serves the Alberta resource extraction economy...

(well, at least the 97.some odd percent of us who are employed)

And as far as lowering taxes? Most of the income tax I pay is federal, not provincial...
 
Aviallani
#22
We never got one, moved here about a month too late lol. Not sure on the status of our son though, he was born before Dec. 31 2005 and might be eligible once we register him....
 

Similar Threads

18
Schools Gonna Be In Session Soon
by Curiosity | Jul 27th, 2007
3
Iraqi Humans how you gonna kill them
by darkbeaver | Apr 1st, 2006
19
A lot of you are gonna HATE this...
by Ten Packs | Mar 2nd, 2005