Canadian consumer tariffs


Facticious
#1
Non-US goods ordered fom any country by Canadians
are re-routed to Anchorage.
Canadians are then charged 60%-100% by the US.
Since when do they controll our imports?
Last edited by Facticious; Oct 2nd, 2019 at 08:16 PM..Reason: wrong word used, should be iports not exports
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Pardon?
 
Facticious
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Pardon?

No one seems to know about this.
Don't take my word for it.
Order anything online from any country.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1
#4
Are you selling something? Are you Trolling? Are you Avro too? Does this have anything to do with Canadian politics?
 
Facticious
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Are you selling something? Are you Trolling? Are you Avro too? Does this have anything to do with Canadian politics?

Nothing to do with me other than we have been sold
out by our government. If we do any purchase from
absolutely any country in the world, our order will land
in the US first and we Canadians have to pay the US or we wont
receie it. That's definitely political.
 
Facticious
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Facticious View Post

Nothing to do with me other than we have been sold
out by our government. If we do any purchase from
absolutely any country in the world, our order will land
in the US first and we Canadians have to pay the US or we wont
receie it. That's definitely political.

Sorry, it should read "won't receive".
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Facticious View Post

Non-US goods ordered fom any country by Canadians
are re-routed to Anchorage.
Canadians are then charged 60%-100% by the US.
Since when do they controll our imports?


In the future, it would behoove you to provide links to your post.
 
harrylee
Free Thinker
#8
I order Chinese junk quite often....Other than taking forever to get here, there are not extra charges. Free shipping too
 
Facticious
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

I order Chinese junk quite often....Other than taking forever to get here, there are not extra charges. Free shipping too

Thanks Harrylee; good to get an intelligent response.
China is under massive tariffs and your sources could
be paying those Anchorage charges just to get their
product across. Are you able to check the tracking?
 
petros
#10
I get your point. Its NAFTA.

If a Canadian has imports coming they'd be duty free if they land in Canada but since it's routed through the US you get dinged with duties.

Freight companies route Canadian destined freight through the US to ding on the broker fees.
 
Facticious
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I get your point. Its NAFTA.

If a Canadian has imports coming they'd be duty free if they land in Canada but since it's routed through the US you get dinged with duties.

Freight companies route Canadian destined freight through the US to ding on the broker fees.

Now that makes sense as to why it happens.
Does it bother anyone that it's allowed to happen?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

I order Chinese junk quite often....Other than taking forever to get here, there are not extra charges. Free shipping too

Of course. Where else would you order a junk from?

 

Similar Threads

73
26
Canadian tariffs announced
by Hoid | Nov 27th, 2018
17
One possible plus to Trump's tariffs.
by White_Unifier | Jun 17th, 2018
15
Tariffs are taxes
by Hoid | Apr 6th, 2018