Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

French Patriot
Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:1

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
DL

Danbones
Shouldn't there be a "step into my parlor little boy" line in there somewhere?

DaSleeper
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Just another stupid question thread....

FAKE THREAD!

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Shouldn't there be a "step into my parlor little boy" line in there somewhere?

To theists? Perhaps.

That is the same for any thread that questions Christian beliefs, and have you noted how few Christians actually try to apologies for their religion? They cannot do a good job and do not bother much these days, even as their church hierarchies try to encourage them to do just that.

Regards
DL

Motar
Gnosticism is a religion, non?

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by Motar View Post

Gnosticism is a religion, non?

Oui.

All religions are belief systems.
Gnosticism is a belief in freedom of thought and the belief that evil or immoral thinking must be fought.

I am a Gnostic Christian because most people I deal with are familiar or into Christianity and my reading of the bible the right way has shown me that it preaches for Gnostic thinking.

That may be why Christianity outlawed the reading of the bible in ancient days and killed those who went against that injunction.

IOW, Christianity outlawed the freedom of religion that it now demands for itself.

Regards
DL

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by French Patriot View Post

Oui.

All religions are belief systems.
Gnosticism is a belief in freedom of thought and the belief that evil or immoral thinking must be fought.

I am a Gnostic Christian because most people I deal with are familiar or into Christianity and my reading of the bible the right way has shown me that it preaches for Gnostic thinking.

That may be why Christianity outlawed the reading of the bible in ancient days and killed those who went against that injunction.

IOW, Christianity outlawed the freedom of religion that it now demands for itself.

Regards
DL

So as a religion, Gnosticism qualifies as FRAUDULENT NEWS?

Walter
Cleaned my eave troughs today. Got to do it at least three times a year because of all the mature trees on the property.

French Patriot

So as a religion, Gnosticism qualifies as FRAUDULENT NEWS?

If it can be proven to be based on lies the way Christianity can, sure, but I do not that possible or I would not have adopted the religion.

If we were no different than Christianity, then they would not have tried so desperately to annihilate us and burn all of our books.

Regards
DL

Motar

If it can be proven to be based on lies the way Christianity can, sure, but I do not that possible or I would not have adopted the religion.

If we were no different than Christianity, then they would not have tried so desperately to annihilate us and burn all of our books.

Regards
DL

Who is "they", DL?

French Patriot

Who is "they", DL?

Let me give you a more informative answer.

Oops. The system does not want to accept the link so please google --- The Jesus Myth - Timothy Freke ----- and you will get the detailed and informative answer.

Regards
DL

Cliffy

Oops. The system does not want to accept the link so please google --- The Jesus Myth - Timothy Freke ----- and you will get the detailed and informative answer.

Regards
DL

[youtube]8wNogXGOTE0[/youtube]

Motar

Regards
DL

Whom do you say "they" are, DL?

Cliffy

The Roman Empire and the Catholic Church, both of whom gave you the bible in its present form. The Jesus character is a composite of many other, more ancient, characters from many older written texts, thus the "myth" part of the equation. What is important to get from the myth, is not salvation through belief and/or faith, but "to love your neighbour as yourself". If you think you are not worthy of being a child of god, that you are a sinner, then you do not love yourself and thus cannot love your neighbour. Salvation is not found in the story, but the teachings in the story. If you do not become Christ like, if you do not become what you believe, you have not learned anything.

petros
You are so far off on that it's not even funny.

French Patriot

My original comment was, --- "If we were no different than Christianity, then they would not have tried so desperately to annihilate us and burn all of our books."

You can either follow the usual grammatical reading and come to the right conclusion, or you can research to see who was murdering us for our believing in freedom of religion.

That link I gave showed you who that was but I guess your level of intelligence did not help you in this case.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The Roman Empire and the Catholic Church, both of whom gave you the bible in its present form. The Jesus character is a composite of many other, more ancient, characters from many older written texts, thus the "myth" part of the equation. What is important to get from the myth, is not salvation through belief and/or faith, but "to love your neighbour as yourself". If you think you are not worthy of being a child of god, that you are a sinner, then you do not love yourself and thus cannot love your neighbour. Salvation is not found in the story, but the teachings in the story. If you do not become Christ like, if you do not become what you believe, you have not learned anything.

Full points on this one buddy.

I am a WIP on this myself. As you can see above, my answer was more like tough love as compared to your more loving words.

I am trying hard and my self-chastisement is helping me to slowly not be so bad.

Thank you much for your good example.

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You are so far off on that it's not even funny.

Chastisement without correction shows a dull mind who cannot show the error.

Regards
DL

Motar

My original comment was, --- "If we were no different than Christianity, then they would not have tried so desperately to annihilate us and burn all of our books."

I am interested in what constitutes the "they" you identify as "Christianity", DL.

French Patriot

I am interested in what constitutes the "they" you identify as "Christianity", DL.

Just follow the link in post 12.

"They", basically, would be Constantine's bought and paid for Christian church.

Gnostic Christians tend to point out the corruption in both church and state and it seems that those entities back then did not mind using murder to rid themselves of dissenters or critics.

Today, church and state have about the same attitude but cannot kill to their hearts desire as they could in the past.
That situation and restriction has lead to the better laws and civilization that secular law has built in spite of homophobic and misogynous religions trying to hold back the civilizing process.

Regards
DL

Walter
Beautiful sunny day here in Central ON.

Motar

Just follow the link in post 12.

"They", basically, would be Constantine's bought and paid for Christian church.

Gnostic Christians tend to point out the corruption in both church and state and it seems that those entities back then did not mind using murder to rid themselves of dissenters or critics.

Today, church and state have about the same attitude but cannot kill to their hearts desire as they could in the past.
That situation and restriction has lead to the better laws and civilization that secular law has built in spite of homophobic and misogynous religions trying to hold back the civilizing process.

Regards
DL

Your references to "Constantine's Christian church" and "Gnostic Christians" seem to imply that diverse groups of Christ-followers exist, DL.

The Biblical record indicates otherwise:

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." (Romans 12:4-5 NIV)

Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink." (1 Corinthians 12-13-13 NIV)

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:4-6 NIV)

There are and have been many religious social clubs, but there is one historical, universal body of Christ.

selfsame

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The original God's religion is the monotheism and exclusive devotion to God alone: that is to worship God alone without associate, son, parents or peer.

The present religions are the distorted versions of the original God's religion .. such religions have been transformed into the idolatry .. by the way of the enthusiasm about the religious figures like the Christ, his mother, the saints (of Christians), the imams and sheikhs (of Muslims) and (the Jewish) sages and their tombs.

But the pure God's religion is true and not fake.

The fake is the idolatry, the distorted religions and the atheism.

Quran 3: 83, which means:
{What [religion], other than the religion of God, is that these [Jews and Christians] crave,
while to Him is resigned whosoever is in "the heavens and the earth" [: the planets including the earth], willingly or unwillingly, and to His [judgment] shall they return [after death]!?
}

More explanation is at the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_83
quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_83

Walter
I made five trips to the dump today to finally get rid of all the renovation trash, cost a total of $54 to get rid of this final bit of reno detritus.

selfsame
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I made five trips to the dump today to finally get rid of all the renovation trash, cost a total of $54 to get rid of this final bit of reno detritus.

You yourself will be dump and trash; people will hurry to get rid of you rotten corpse.

Your fanatic brain will be worse the nasty porridge .. be sure the Christ will deny you and drive you away.

French Patriot

Your references to "Constantine's Christian church" and "Gnostic Christians" seem to imply that diverse groups of Christ-followers exist, DL.

The Biblical record indicates otherwise:

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." (Romans 12:4-5 NIV)

Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink." (1 Corinthians 12-13-13 NIV)

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:4-6 NIV)

There are and have been many religious social clubs, but there is one historical, universal body of Christ.

You do not seem to have looked at Christian history nor Gnostic Christian history.

Was Christianity first called Christian or Chrestian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rAt-PAkgqls

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

The original God's religion is the monotheism and exclusive devotion to God alone: that is to worship God alone without associate, son, parents or peer.

Is love not true love only when it is shared? Can you love alone?

Love is expressed by works and deeds. Right?

Where is this God so that I might see if he returns love and thus makes it true love?

Please reply without quoting your words from your slave holding ideology.

Regards
DL

Motar

You do not seem to have looked at Christian history nor Gnostic Christian history.

Was Christianity first called Christian or Chrestian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rAt-PAkgqls

Regards⌨️
DL

The spiritual body of Christ is determined neither by history, nor by semantics, DL, but by His Spirit. Wherever the Spirit of Christ dwells, there the likeness of Christ will be found. Believers indwelt by the Spirit of Christ are Christians.

French Patriot
+1

The spiritual body of Christ is determined neither by history, nor by semantics, DL, but by His Spirit. Wherever the Spirit of Christ dwells, there the likeness of Christ will be found. Believers indwelt by the Spirit of Christ are Christians.

That implies that some actually have faith in Jesus.
Jesus said that any that truly believe in him would be able to do all he did and more.
I have not seen anyone step up to do as Jesus did, have you?
If not, does that mean that there are no true believers out here.

I think it does or we would all know of it. Right?

Regards
DL

Motar
[QUOTE=French Patriot;2478471]

That implies that some actually have faith in Jesus. - Yes, some do.
Jesus said that any that truly believe in him would be able to do all he did and more. - John 14
I have not seen anyone step up to do as Jesus did, have you? - Yes, I have.
If not, does that mean that there are no true believers out here.
I think it does or we would all know of it. Right? - Not necessarily.

Context is essential to our understanding of Scripture.

https://www.gotquestions.org/greater-works.html

Johnnny
Classified as fiction would be fine by me.

French Patriot
[QUOTE=Motar;2478621]

I have not seen anyone step up to do as Jesus did, have you? - Yes, I have.

Where is this wondrous person and why are we not hearing of the miracles that he or she is doing?

Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Classified as fiction would be fine by me.

That would be to close to the truth for Christianity to ever admit to.

Just count the lies they would have to recant.

Regards
DL

Motar

Where is this wondrous person and why are we not hearing of the miracles that he or she is doing?
That would be to close to the truth for Christianity to ever admit to.
Just count the lies they would have to recant.
Regards
DL

Tout comme la tromperie n'est pas un attribut du Christ, DL, le fait de mentir n'est pas une pratique des chrétiens.