Isaiah Washington calls for black Americans to boycott work for a day

spaminator
Postmedia Network
First posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 01:50 PM EDT
Actor Isaiah Washington called on black Americans to boycott work today to send a harsh message to the rest of the country, USA Today reported.
In a post via Facebook , Washington said: "No work. No school. No shopping for 24 hours."
"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America. I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."
In another post, the ex Grey's Anatomy star wrote: "Every African born in America is fed up, hurt, confused, saddened and angry about the continued extrajudicial killings by public servants in our streets."
It is not known how effective the protest has been so far.
Isaiah Washington calls for black Americans to boycott work for a day | Celebrit
that's easy for an actor who has lots of money to say.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Postmedia Network
First posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 01:50 PM EDT
Actor Isaiah Washington called on black Americans to boycott work today to send a harsh message to the rest of the country, USA Today reported.
In a post via Facebook , Washington said: "No work. No school. No shopping for 24 hours."
"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America. I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."
In another post, the ex Grey's Anatomy star wrote: "Every African born in America is fed up, hurt, confused, saddened and angry about the continued extrajudicial killings by public servants in our streets."
It is not known how effective the protest has been so far.
Isaiah Washington calls for black Americans to boycott work for a day | Celebrit
that's easy for an actor who has lots of money to say.

taxslave
Four less days than normal.

petros
Is Martin Luther King Day not a stat holiday?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is Martin Luther King Day not a stat holiday?

I wouldn't call it a stat holiday. Ain't like there's a rush.

It's a national holiday. Most states observe it.

Ludlow
If he worked for me and took a day off for every black cause that came along I'd FIRE his azz. . (my Trump impression). There's others willing to show up for work and not disrupt production. " YERRRRRRR FIRED! "

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I wouldn't call it a stat holiday. Ain't like there's a rush.

It's a national holiday. Most states observe it.

Why wait for January? Line it it up with Canadian Thanksgiving already a Statutory Holiday and have a sale so my wife has yet another reason to shop.
Last edited by petros; Sep 27th, 2016 at 08:04 AM..

Remington1
Yea, nothing like holding an economy hostage, very effectivet. That was the strategy used by Bin Laden, but then again he hated the US, but his goals and targets worked.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why wait for January? Line it it up with Canadian Thanksgiving already a Statutory Holiday and have a sale so my wife has yet another reason to shop.

Umm. . . because what may be useful or convenient for Canada never, ever crosses our minds?