Iceland meat pies....no meat of any kind


#juan
#1
Iceland tests find meat pies contain no meat at all - World - CBC News

They were testing for horsemeat but found no meat at all.
 
petros
#2
Some strawberry ice creams have strawberries some don't but they are still both sold as strawberry ice cream.
 
#juan
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Some strawberry ice creams have strawberries some don't but they are still both sold as strawberry ice cream.

Strawberry icecream is the pink stuff that sort of tastes like strawberries. I don't know if I ever
saw an actual strawberry.
 
petros
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Strawberry icecream is the pink stuff that sort of tastes like strawberries. I don't know if I ever
saw an actual strawberry.

CO-OP Gold has real fruit.
 
EagleSmack
#5
Ben & Jerry's
 
#juan
#6
No doubt lots of high end frozen dessert makers out there who use real fruit and real cream. The general
bulk ice creams out there have a lot of gelatin and artificial color and flavor.
 
taxslave
#7
Where's the beef?
 
karrie
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Some strawberry ice creams have strawberries some don't but they are still both sold as strawberry ice cream.

And so long as all the ingredients are listed, that's fine.
 
Johnnny
#9
Mabye the company that makes pies are selling them as having meat to save a buck... But in actuality the meat is just fat all the animal tongues lips and *******s
 
karrie
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Mabye the company that makes pies are selling them as having meat to save a buck... But in actuality the meat is just fat all the animal tongues lips and *******s

Or if you read the article, it's nothing but unidentified vegetable matter.
 
Johnnny
#11
i just wanted to say lips and *******s

Better than having Horse DNA "semen" in your food
 
damngrumpy
#12
Has it not occurred to anyone how silly labelling is? They can list all the products
with no health risk in the case of food but put the same kinds of harmful stuff in a
cigarette and the package is labelled as a death sentence. Don't even ask what is
in our fast foods
 
EagleSmack
+1
#13  Top Rated Post
All I know is this...

I've been staring at the thread title...

I gotta get me some Iceland meat pies.
 
karrie
+1
#14
and now I want tourtiere, but I'm really thinking I should give it a whirl with horsemeat. lol.
 
SLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

All I know is this...

I've been staring at the thread title...

I gotta get me some Iceland meat pies.

I've heard they don't actually have meat in them. Fair warning.

Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

and now I want tourtiere, but I'm really thinking I should give it a whirl with horsemeat. lol.

Ahem, don't you mean 'cheval'.
 

Similar Threads

13
Don't Eat the Meat!
by hermite | Aug 22nd, 2008
125
Why do you eat meat?
by Rawisbetter! | Sep 2nd, 2007
14
Meat Drinks
by DurkaDurka | Aug 14th, 2007