Cannabis reduces short-term motivation to work for money

tay
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It does not, however, reduce the short-term motivation to beg for cookies.

Oddly I do not get the so called munchies but I do drink a lot of tea while high and doing the music stuff. I do not drink tea unless high.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYe43v86po

Ludlow
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Smoking the equivalent of a single ‘spliff’ of cannabis makes people less willing to work for money while ‘high’, finds a new UCL study.

The research, published in Psychopharmacology, is the first to reliably demonstrate the short-term effects of cannabis on motivation in humans. The researchers also tested motivation in people who were addicted to cannabis but not high during the test, and found that their motivation levels were no different to volunteers in the control group.

like, more, man.

More bullshyt by research people wearing white coats and trying anything to keep their job. Who cares what the shyt does.

Bar Sinister
And this required scientific research? Anyone who has been around those who use mj on a regular basis could have told us this.

Danbones
+1
Some times it's refreshing to just say "Screw MONEY!"
I like to wrap one and then work for fun

a lot of very good tradesmen I know smoke weed because their trade has caused a lot of gradual physical breakdown over the years, and a timmie and a dube gets them to lunch, and a timmie and a dube gets then to 5
...And no one complains cause the works is done just fine or better...
focus ya dig?

darkbeaver
+1
[QUOTE=gopher;2337505]cannabis is a gift from the Goddess - only an impious heretic would criticize it in any way[/QUOTE

The tru8th at last. The heretics abound, the gift is appreciated, the gift is very close to god, especially the older arthritiuc types likew me, ytou'll take thast joint out of my cold dead hands, if your right on the day.

Cliffy
+1
Those that only work for money are selfish, self centered narcissists. Millions of people volunteer to work for nothing every day. Some may even be stoned. Some people just can't stand people having fun.

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Those that only work for money are selfish, self centered narcissists. Millions of people volunteer to work for nothing every day. Some may even be stoned. Some people just can't stand people having fun.

Money can't buy me LOVE.

I work hard for my fun

Danbones
Actually THC is a radiation blocker in the same frequencies as O2's photon transmission spectrum,
which is in the uv-b range other wise known as sunburn.

This is why the MJ plant makes THC...to protect from oxidation in harsh sunlight at high altitudes.
Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that
If you don't then you don't know beans about the issue

Normally serotonin filters out uv-b backscatter in the neurons, but anyone who is serotonin depleted suffers from more chronic pain then they deserve, because the next line of defence is glutathione which gets used up doing repairs of that uv-b photon sunburn damage in the neurons.
Resulting in hypersensitive pain receptors for nothing, which amplifies the discomfort.

THC blocks the back scatter of UVB frequency (100 to 400 nm) photons created when excited O2 electrons drop down a shell and emit the UVB photons that BBQ the nerve endings.
Glutathione is an antioxidant which is needed many other places, and if it is used up in the neurons doing repairs it doesn't do other desperately needed things...

Too bad doctors don't do physics too or it would be obvious to them also.
you heard it here first, because for some reason they left it up to me to figure it out.

I hear lots of people talking, but most of then ESPECIALLY DOCTORS and politicians don't know Sh1T about it
sad really...
they wanna make law too
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 17th, 2016 at 08:09 PM..

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Actually THC is a radiation blocker in the same frequencies as o2's photon transmission spectrum
which is in the uvb range other wise known as sunburn.

This is why the MJ plant makes THC...to protect from oxidation in harsh sunlight at high altitudes.
Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that
If you don't then you don't know beans about the issue

Normally serotonin filters out uvb backscatter in the neurons, but anyyone who is serotonin depleted suffers from more chronic pain then they deserve, because the next line of defence is glutathione which gets used up doing repairs of that uvb photon sunburn damage in the neurons.
resulting in hypersensitive pain receptors for nothing, which amplifies the discomfort.

THC blocks the back scatter of UVB frequency (100 to 400 nm) photons created when excited O2 electrons drop down a shell and emit the UVB photons that BBQ the nerve endings.
Glutathione is an antioxidant which is needed many other places, and if it is used up in the neurons doing repairs it doesn't do other desperately needed things...

Too bad doctors don't do physics too or it would be obvious to them also.
you heard it here first

I hear lots of people talking, but most of then ESPECIALLY DOCTORS and politicians don't know Sh1T about it
sad really...
they wanna make law too

and we feel good

Danbones
amen

Curious Cdn
...like jellyfish ...

darkbeaver

...like jellyfish ...

Let's go swimming.

Danbones

...like jellyfish ...

can I get that in a sandwich to go
...with a couple of chips on the side?

I likes a picnic with my swim

MHz
+1
25% unemployment reduces the desire to work for money in 25% of the employable population.

darkbeaver
Life requires work, you don't work, you don't live

Danbones
+1
At supper time tonight I had to put a long time friend, recently off methadone, in the hospital because his street bought morphs wore off: ( he has had a leg hacked off and has never been the same since)
The opiate addiction is so far advanced after the methadone cycle - that means instant seizures

There are things way worse then pot out there...many of them come with a doctors signature on them.
In this case his GP form oned him. and a psychiatrist let him back out...neither addressing the reality :
It looks like its methadone for the rest of his probably short life, or street morphine, and seizures when it wears off...
ever wonder where all the pills on the street come from around here?
hint:
they all start with Doctors' scripts

the system is pretty much dumber then drugs

gopher
+1

Hemp is downright patriotic!

Danbones
Reminds me of the time we were blowing supers into a gas mask
instant jellyfish