POTUS (Donald) many legal issues cornering him


Tecumsehsbones
+2 / -1
#601
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Cohen is a scumbag!

Undoubtedly why Trump had such a long and positive relationship with him. Birds of a feather.

You seem upset, culo saltado. Is your daily rock-salt enema making you fretful?
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Walter
#602
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post


You seem upset, culo saltado. Is your daily rock-salt enema making you fretful?

Rent free.
 
MHz
#603
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Undoubtedly why Trump had such a long and positive relationship with him. Birds of a feather.

You seem upset, culo saltado. Is your daily rock-salt enema making you fretful?

Rock salt is more effective when it comes out of the barrel of a 12ga.
 
coldstream
#604
Trump has a genius for grasping the reins of revolts. He has a sixth sense for the tides of destiny. Something Nixon was always swimming against. I expect Trump will abide through all of this. He's at the vanguard of history. "The Dude abides." I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals." This hatchet job by the political establishment is going nowhere.
 
Hoid
-1
#605
Trump is an idiot.
 
coldstream
#606
Trump has a genius for grasping the reins of revolts. He has a sixth sense for the tides of destiny. Something Nixon was always swimming against. I expect Trump will abide through all of this. He's at the vanguard of history. The Dude abides; I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals. This hatchet job by the political establishment is going nowhere.
 
OpposingDigit
+1 / -1
#607


 
MHz
-1
#608
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trump is an idiot.

Topped only by his backers.
Sessions Hits Back as Trump Says Impeachment Would Sink Economy
"I will tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor," the president warned in an interview aired Thursday on talk show "Fox and Friends."
"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who has done a great job."
The president's personal lawyer-cum-spokesman Rudy Giuliani echoed that stark warning, hinting at political unrest.
"You would only impeach him for political reasons and the American people would revolt against that," he told Sky News while on a golf course in Scotland.
- New area of vulnerability -The comments came after two of Trump's former top aides -- onetime campaign chairman Paul Manafort and longtime lawyer Michael Cohen -- were found guilty of various financial crimes in a one-two punch for the president.
Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations in the form of hush payments during the 2016 campaign to two women who alleged they had affairs with Trump. He said he had paid them at Trump's request.
Although Cohen did not name the women, they were believed to be porn star Stormy Daniels and Playboy model Karen McDougal.
Because the hush payments were intended to influence the outcome of the elections, they violated US laws governing campaign contributions, making Trump an -- as yet -- unindicted co-conspirator.
In another hammer blow Thursday, The Wall Street Journal and other US media said David Pecker, CEO of tabloid publisher American Media, had been given immunity by prosecutors investigating the payments, opening a new area of vulnerability for Trump.
Pecker's company publishes the National Enquirer.
- Sessions in the firing line -As the legal net closed in, Trump renewed attacks on Sessions in an apparent attempt to have him squash investigations that could endanger his presidency.
A president can be removed from office by Congress for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."
Trump has repeatedly berated Sessions for recusing himself from the federal probe into Russian election meddling, which has expanded into questions of collusion and obstruction of justice as well as the financial dealings of Trump associates.
"I put in an attorney general that never took control of the justice department," he complained to Fox News, fueling rumors he may fire Sessions and install someone more pliant.
But Sessions quickly hit back, saying he would not be swayed in a remarkable public broadside.
"While I am attorney general, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations," he said.
Lawmakers from Trump's own Republican Party warned the president they would not confirm a new attorney general if Sessions -- a former senator -- was fired.
"It would be a very, very, very bad idea to fire the attorney general because he's not executing his job as a political hack," said Senator Ben Sasse.
- Hush payments 'not a crime'? -Trump's story about Cohen's payments has changed multiple times over the past year, and in Thursday's Fox interview, he tried to defuse the allegations in several ways.
He claimed his former lawyer "made the deals," and insisted that Cohen's actions were "not a crime," while going on to claim that "campaign violations are considered not a big deal, frankly."
 
Walter
#609
Trump Hush Money Unseemly, But Not Illegal
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...legal-n2512451

Much ado.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
#610
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Trump Hush Money Unseemly, But Not Illegal
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...legal-n2512451

Much ado.

Covering up it's application in the context of an election is. Conspiring others to cover it up is is, also.
 
OpposingDigit
#611
When Is an Offense Impeachable? Look to the Framers for the Answer
By Adam Liptak
August 22, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/u...stitution.html

... legal scholars said that committing crimes aimed at undermining the integrity of an election could well satisfy the constitutional standard for impeachment, which is set out in Article II, Section 4: “The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

When the framers met in Philadelphia in 1787, they singled out one offense in particular as worthy of impeachment: a candidate’s interference with the Electoral College.

“If the president bribes members of the Electoral College in order to obtain office, it was clear from the debates that that was thought to be an impeachable offense,” said Cass R. Sunstein, a law professor at Harvard and the author of “Impeachment: A Citizen’s Guide.”

“Shall the man who has practiced corruption, and by that means procured his appointment in the first instance, be suffered to escape punishment by repeating his guilt?” he asked.

“Not every impeachable offense is a crime, and not every crime is an impeachable offense,” Mr. Matz said. “Impeachment is not about punishing the president. That’s what criminal liability is for. It’s about getting him out of office so he can’t use its powers in a harmful manner going forward.”

“The Constitution does not allow the House to impeach the president for reasons that fall short of a high crime or misdemeanor,” he said. “And to refuse to impeach the president — and here I disagree with many people — when the president has committed a high crime or misdemeanor, that’s also unconstitutional.”

“That said,” Professor Tribe continued, “for Congress not to initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the 2016 election and the means by which Trump secured an Electoral College victory would be a grave dereliction of duty.”
 
MHz
+1
#612
If Hitlary didn't get bagged I doubt anybody will so this is just another dog and pony show for the masses, well most of them anyway.
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
#613
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

When Is an Offense Impeachable? Look to the Framers for the Answer
By Adam Liptak
August 22, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/u...stitution.html

... legal scholars said that committing crimes aimed at undermining the integrity of an election could well satisfy the constitutional standard for impeachment, which is set out in Article II, Section 4: “The president, vice president and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

When the framers met in Philadelphia in 1787, they singled out one offense in particular as worthy of impeachment: a candidate’s interference with the Electoral College.

“If the president bribes members of the Electoral College in order to obtain office, it was clear from the debates that that was thought to be an impeachable offense,” said Cass R. Sunstein, a law professor at Harvard and the author of “Impeachment: A Citizen’s Guide.”

“Shall the man who has practiced corruption, and by that means procured his appointment in the first instance, be suffered to escape punishment by repeating his guilt?” he asked.

“Not every impeachable offense is a crime, and not every crime is an impeachable offense,” Mr. Matz said. “Impeachment is not about punishing the president. That’s what criminal liability is for. It’s about getting him out of office so he can’t use its powers in a harmful manner going forward.”

“The Constitution does not allow the House to impeach the president for reasons that fall short of a high crime or misdemeanor,” he said. “And to refuse to impeach the president — and here I disagree with many people — when the president has committed a high crime or misdemeanor, that’s also unconstitutional.”

“That said,” Professor Tribe continued, “for Congress not to initiate a comprehensive inquiry into the 2016 election and the means by which Trump secured an Electoral College victory would be a grave dereliction of duty.”

Where's the part about getting blow jobs from compliant interns?

Whatever gravitas the system is supposed to have, they pissed it away long ago on minutae.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-2
#614
It’s not enough to impeach Trump, his entire presidency should be annulled — here is how

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/not...ency-annulled/

.....Now , there is an idea..
 
MHz
+1
#615
The other side of the aisle isn't any cleaner. The Banksters always back both sides, that way they never lose.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
+1
#616
This is another example of the Democrats hate for free democracy. The people voted for a businessman to drain the swamp who does not act like a politician. Trump want to do the work and the opposition and the fake media or special interest groups are trying to tie him down because he refuses to be a puppet on a chain. Hail To The Chief, Now leave Trump alone and respect people's choice and let him rule.
 
Hoid
#617
Just like Nixon it will be the cover up that gets Trump out of there
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#618
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

This is another example of the Democrats hate for free democracy. The people voted for a businessman to drain the swamp who does not act like a politician. Trump want to do the work and the opposition and the fake media or special interest groups are trying to tie him down because he refuses to be a puppet on a chain. Hail To The Chief, Now leave Trump alone and respect people's choice and let him rule.

He does NOT RULE.......he is NOT a ING (EVEN THOUGH HE MIGHT BELIEVE HE IS IN HIS TWISTED MIND)

Or do you Trump supporters WANT a monarchy??
 
justducky
#619
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

He does NOT RULE.......he is NOT a KING (EVEN THOUGH HE MIGHT BELIEVE HE IS IN HIS TWISTED MIND)

Or do you Trump supporters WANT a monarchy??

"SNIP.....

Investigators Turn Focus to Trump’s Business


Adam Davidson: “There are now multiple investigations of the Trump Organization being conducted by the special counsel Robert Mueller, the New York Attorney General, The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, the Manhattan District Attorney, the Southern District of New York, and—quite likely—other jurisdictions. President Trump is unable to stop most of these investigations. With Cohen and, now, Weisselberg providing information, it is becoming increasingly certain that the American people will—sooner or later—have a far fuller understanding of how Donald Trump conducted business. That is unlikely to go well for him.”

.....SNIP"

https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/25...umps-business/
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#620
Quote: Originally Posted by justducky View Post

"SNIP.....

Investigators Turn Focus to Trump’s Business


Adam Davidson: “There are now multiple investigations of the Trump Organization being conducted by the special counsel Robert Mueller, the New York Attorney General, The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, the Manhattan District Attorney, the Southern District of New York, and—quite likely—other jurisdictions. President Trump is unable to stop most of these investigations. With Cohen and, now, Weisselberg providing information, it is becoming increasingly certain that the American people will—sooner or later—have a far fuller understanding of how Donald Trump conducted business. That is unlikely to go well for him.”

.....SNIP"

https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/25...umps-business/

a thorough exam of his business "practices" should have been done during the vetting process when he decided to run for POTUS. Plus it should be mandatory to release one's tax returns during the vetting process. Perhaps the real swamp is the electoral system.which seems to have NO criteria for the candidates, no list of QUALIFICATIONS, (like basic diplomatic skills) no professional resume required, BUT if you have mega bucks ..... no problem...... you can run for a highly responsible . high pressure and demanding job (whether you are qualified or not)
 
MHz
-1
#621
The US should investigate big companies as a matter of practice, the reason they don't is they would have to let out all the black pot smokers out of jail to make room for the 'white trash'.


Walnut:

Would that cost you some money,you seem pretty upset that pot smokers might invade some communities, or do you hate blacks people also?
Last edited by MHz; Aug 25th, 2018 at 07:15 PM..
 
justducky
-1
#622
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

a thorough exam of his business "practices" should have been done during the vetting process when he decided to run for POTUS. Plus it should be mandatory to release one's tax returns during the vetting process. Perhaps the real swamp is the electoral system.which seems to have NO criteria for the candidates, no list of QUALIFICATIONS, (like basic diplomatic skills) no professional resume required, BUT if you have mega bucks ..... no problem...... you can run for a highly responsible . high pressure and demanding job (whether you are qualified or not)

I'm betting his businesses are clean. He likes to walk right through current norms and laws as president but only after legal advice. The Foundation, campaign financing and Russia I think he is vulnerable on. But I bet he used all manner of legal loopholes to not pay taxes and such.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The US should investigate big companies as a matter of practice, the reason they don't is they would have to let out all the black pot smokers out of jail to make room for the 'white trash'.

The conservative crew on here have tempered their libertarianism of late. Anyone else notice?
 
darkbeaver
Republican
-1
#623
The President of The United States of America has many legal issues cornering him, just now. Insinerating Yemens children is not one of them. Blind obediance to Israhell isn,t either. I don,t wonder much about what,s been Trumps biggest deal nor who/what it was made with. Certainly America will embrace communism in the end.
 
MHz
+1
#624
I've been away for a few years but the same Clingons seem to be posting in their usual ways. They seem to have fewer cheerleaders and that is good.
I'm not planning any more 'vacations' so hopefully sanity will still increase. Seriously, I have zero patience with anybody who spreads lies and so far it is only a few of the 'old guard' that are doing it. Maybe I have a good side, time will tell.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

The President of The United States of America has many legal issues cornering him, just now. Insinerating Yemens children is not one of them. Blind obediance to Israhell isn,t either. I don,t wonder much about what,s been Trumps biggest deal nor who/what it was made with. Certainly America will embrace communism in the end.

How about Socialism with no sanctions and no foreign banks wanting a piece of a pie they have no claims on?
 
darkbeaver
Republican
-1
#625
The Democrat versus Republican struggle in the USA is pure theatre. I,m not entertained, I,m insulted. The third rail of Western Demockracys wins again. Democrasy my ass (a small harmless pack animal) applied in very thin coats by flag waving idiots who enjoy being patriotically raped and looted , the climate will fukk them over at last. The US Navy has little or no ice breaking capability. It has no Arctic nor Antarctic capabilities, the F-35 is a big win for contractors, it,s junk for combat, still it,s one of the most successfull money earners, which is what most of the design expertize expected. The tax payer has bought a pile of science fiction.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I've been away for a few years but the same Clingons seem to be posting in their usual ways. They seem to have fewer cheerleaders and that is good.
I'm not planning any more 'vacations' so hopefully sanity will still increase. Seriously, I have zero patience with anybody who spreads lies and so far it is only a few of the 'old guard' that are doing it. Maybe I have a good side, time will tell.


How about Socialism with no sanctions and no foreign banks wanting a piece of a pie they have no claims on?


Well to be honest, I don,t know which of the experiments thusfar conducted offers the best way forward for humanity. They all have the same flaw, "humans". And we can obviously fukk up any form of government.



Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I've been away for a few years but the same Clingons seem to be posting in their usual ways. They seem to have fewer cheerleaders and that is good.
I'm not planning any more 'vacations' so hopefully sanity will still increase. Seriously, I have zero patience with anybody who spreads lies and so far it is only a few of the 'old guard' that are doing it. Maybe I have a good side, time will tell.


How about Socialism with no sanctions and no foreign banks wanting a piece of a pie they have no claims on?




In principle, it works, certainly a more equal distribution of national wealth is an intelligent suggestion and could it be adopted over a wider mass it may encourage the previlance/predominance of common sence. Historically this is not the case, but not a case of misplaced effort, but a case of strangulation en mass. The rule of common man is kept at bay by big money, frustrated at every turn, I am a capitalist, you are on earth you have to work to stay here. I have a recurring dream of owing murderous taxes after death. How much will it cost to die free of tax obligation. I fear I,m to be hounded in my grave for remunerations I could not make while I still sucked air. An eternity of scrapping up the coin to cover my debt . Death was once upon a time a release, it seems that avenue of escape may have been engineered away from my grasp.
 
MHz
+1
#626
The best version is the one that does the least amount of damage. Canada could hold referendums and fire most of the Politicians. I see that as being possible through a Revenue Canada account and false votes would stick out like a sore thumb so it would not be expensive compared to the system we have which can be rigged. Without the people deciding what gets passed and what doesn't it is a a dictatorship with the World Bank as the head despite how many 'elections' we have .
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#627
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The best version is the one that does the least amount of damage. Canada could hold referendums and fire most of the Politicians. I see that as being possible through a Revenue Canada account and false votes would stick out like a sore thumb so it would not be expensive compared to the system we have which can be rigged. Without the people deciding what gets passed and what doesn't it is a a dictatorship with the World Bank as the head despite how many 'elections' we have .


It seems to me that the Bankers definately rule the world. The servants of democracy have already successfully revolted and siezed power. Your account determines the worth of your vote.
 
MHz
#628
Death is a blessing only when you are old and feeble. Check out this 'poem' Windows are your eyes, a bowed back cannot do hard labor and grinders are teeth.

Ec:12:3-4:
In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble,
and the strong men shall bow themselves,
and the grinders cease because they are few,
and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
And the doors shall be shut in the streets,
when the sound of the grinding is low,
and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird,
and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

It seems to me that the Bankers definately rule the world. The servants of democracy have already successfully revolted and siezed power. Your account determines the worth of your vote.

I'm afraid the war hasn't even started. Strip the job from then as the world is always in a financial crisis and all it does is move the 'hard earned money' into their possession where they assume they now own it. The RCC sucks and being religious teachers, use their organization to become the (interest free) Gentile Bank and let the Nuns run it as women have the needs of the poor placed higher on the list of things to do than the Priests that currently run the place.
The Banksters are also masters at moving things around so it isn't like they would be left on the curb twiddling their thumbs and Jews are the highest educated at the moment (that does not mean they are the smartest at any time) so they could still draw up something that would solve a problem for some nation until university education is what every person has. You know, like Libya before she was overthrown and the social structure destroyed.


Moving the UN to Jerusalem would be the best way to speed that up.



I'm even okay with paying 6% to the people that 'point the money' as long as the other $94 is left in permanent circulation
 
MHz
#629
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

The US should investigate big companies as a matter of practice, the reason they don't is they would have to let out all the black pot smokers out of jail to make room for the 'white trash'.


Walnut:

Would that cost you some money,you seem pretty upset that pot smokers might invade some communities, or do you hate blacks people also?

24 to this post
 
White_Unifier
#630
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

Trump has a genius for grasping the reins of revolts. He has a sixth sense for the tides of destiny. Something Nixon was always swimming against. I expect Trump will abide through all of this. He's at the vanguard of history. The Dude abides; I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals. This hatchet job by the political establishment is going nowhere.

He liked grasping other people's parts too. God bless his soul!