Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
A national handgun ban is potentially an election issue, here.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Just wanted to add that I asked people the same thing about the mentally ill when it comes to the gun debate, and never once received an answer but was either ignored, told off or totally blocked.
To me, that suggests that even gun supporters don't know how to answer the question without breaking their own rules of "guns for everyone allowed".
As it is, fascinating discussion TB.

I'm just trying to lead up to reasonable gun restrictions, whilst generally maintaining the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

As I discuss and explain this, and Colpy and Bondo contribute, I think we're getting past howling slogans at each other, and finding that there's a pretty solid basis for analyzing the issue already.

Pretty soon here I'll make my specific proposals, and I'm trying to set up a way that we can discuss them rationally, without descending into slogan-howling or constructing absurd hypotheticals, like "What if you're attacked by a herd (flock?) of wild velociraptors?"

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I must be as well because your logic escapes me too

no matter how appealing a ban on jeep turrets sound, jeeps arent part of a safer movie theatres law.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I was just being sarcastic. Your problem isnít really your logic

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm just trying to lead up to reasonable gun restrictions, whilst generally maintaining the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
As I discuss and explain this, and Colpy and Bondo contribute, I think we're getting past howling slogans at each other, and finding that there's a pretty solid basis for analyzing the issue already.
Pretty soon here I'll make my specific proposals, and I'm trying to set up a way that we can discuss them rationally, without descending into slogan-howling or constructing absurd hypotheticals, like "What if you're attacked by a herd (flock?) of wild velociraptors?"

Outrun you!

JamesBondo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

police vests tend to work best against handguns compared to rifles.

Hoid

its another mystery, like the plastic ban.

there is massive public support for handgun and assault weapon bans, yet the government continues to drag its feet.

I can't explain why, except that it would be difficult to do and we do not have a tradition of accomplishment in government

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

police vests tend to work best against handguns compared to rifles.

I'll buy some for my kids because some cracker in the back woods buys into the foreign NRA ideology.

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How about a post hurricaine scenario? Is it absurd to say that law enforcement officers might be spread a bit too thin, and it may be necessary for someone to have a 72hr supply of beans, bullets, and bandaids?

Curious Cdn
Conservative

How about a post hurricaine scenario? Is it absurd to say that law enforcement officers might be spread a bit too thin, and it may be necessary for someone to have a 72hr supply of beans, bullets, and bandaids?

You haven't mentioned Zombies, yet.

JamesBondo

I'll buy some for my kids because some cracker in the back woods buys into the foreign NRA ideology.

clearly you live in a fool's paradise

JamesBondo
+1

You haven't mentioned Zombies, yet.

Zombies don't exist, dumbass, but hurricaines do.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

clearly you live in a fool's paradise

I live in a stable, prosperous place with a very low level of violent crime and a particularly highly educated populace.

JamesBondo
+1

I live in a stable, prosperous place with a very low level of violent crime and a particularly highly educated populace.

...with nra sympathizers stalking the woods looking to snipe your kids. You are a ****ing idiot

Curious Cdn
Conservative

...with nra sympathizers stalking the woods looking to snipe your kids. You are a ****ing idiot

There are probably a few of those.

Belonging to the NRA is one of the active symptoms of mental illness.

JamesBondo

There are probably a few of those.
Belonging to the NRA is one of the active symptoms of mental illness.

You are still a ****ing idiot.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

You are still a ****ing idiot.

You have a whole lot to learn about life, living and the world beyond your woodlot.