Islam? Tolerant? Yeah right!

saadia
#1
The Islamic religion is not a tolerant religion. It is the only religion in existence that continues to cause dissention and strife in modern societies. Muslims can't even tolerate the different sects of Islam. So how do we determine that there are good muslims and bad ones. How do we know?
 
tracy
#2
If you think Islam is the only religion that continues to cause strife, you are missing a lot of what's going on in the world.

How do we know there are good muslims and bad muslims? Because some of us recognize they are people and there will always be good and bad people.
 
Jersay
#3
Where do we get these new nutjobs.

Simple, there are bad parts of Islam, but go to Northern Ireland, the Catholic and the Protestants hate each other. Last time I checked they weren't Muslim.

Dah!
 
Carsten
#4
Virtually every religion has caused strife at some point in its history--in fact, most still do to an extent. "Righteously" killing in the name of your God and committing injustice in general has been a very fashionable thing to do throughout history.

There's a bigger issue here, though, that has to do more with poverty and volatile political climates leading to manipulation and distortion of the Qu'ran.
 
I think not
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by tracy

If you think Islam is the only religion that continues to cause strife, you are missing a lot of what's going on in the world.

Perhaps but that doesn't negate the fact that Islam sees all of us as infidels that should be summarily put to death. It also doesn't negate the fact they beat their wives at will, or kill their own children because they dared assimilate into Western society, or that homosexuals should be executed, or that they feel stealing is their "right", or that Sharia is above any law, anywhere and seek to impose this law. And they are succeeding, particularly in Europe.

Quote: Originally Posted by tracy

How do we know there are good muslims and bad muslims? Because some of us recognize they are people and there will always be good and bad people.

Of course there are, now define good and bad.
 
GuyIncognito
#6
I think the Problem (I Think Not) has is Ignorance plain and simple... Islam is as diverse as Christianity and as such has developed less than admirable sects. However grouping people into stereotypes based on the actions of a very small minority only breads fear, anger and in the end Violence. As Canadians it is up to set an example for the rest of the world. That example being tolerance and understanding only by these means can we root out the true causes of young men’s switch to extremists and cure this before it infects our country as it has so many others.
We have only to look at our supposed “best friend” the United States which has pursued a campaign of intolerance and hate which has only lead to Fear and Division and for the most part a fuel for these "terrorists"
 
Jay
#7
Yep...it's America's fault.
 
I think not
#8
A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.

You want Kanada to lead? By all means go ahead, you're wishing for something the Europeans did 25 years ago and today they don't how to get out of it.
 
unclepercy
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.

You want Kanada to lead? By all means go ahead, you're wishing for something the Europeans did 25 years ago and today they don't how to get out of it.

Bingo - give that man a stuffed animal! He hit the target on the first try. Bravo.

Uncle
 
FiveParadox
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by [i

I think not[/i]]A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.

I don't agree with the premise of the above post; many Canadians, such as Rahim Jaffer , M.P. , the Member for Edmonton—Sherwood Park , Yasmin Ratansi , M.P. , the Member for Don Valley West and the Revenue Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition , not to mention many Muslim associations and groups in Canada , have denounced terrorism — and, in fact, given suggestions so as to ensure that both Muslim Canadians and their non-Muslim friends are quite safe and secure in a united Canada.
 
I think not
#11
I was talking about Europe Five, I'm still debating the issue in Canada.
 
Hank C
#12
Canada has been blessed with much better muslim immigrants than it deserves, taking into consideration the terrorists recently exposed in southern Ontario.

By gods grace Canada has not been forced to rethink immigration policies and multiculturalism as the folks in western Europe have. There is no more left vs right in the immigration debate out in Europe, policy has moved towards protecting citizens first and foremost.

let me put it this way, it is up to islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism the way it is. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with our own survival and safety.
 
FiveParadox
#13
I would agree, Hank C , that Canada has indeed been quite blessed.

Many of the mechanisms and conventions under which our country is governed are set up under the premise that the population, and the Government of Canada , are made up of persons who would not dare to abuse those systems. In terms of the conventions that govern our Parliament of Canada , for example, any prime minister could throw the nation into chaos, if he or she wished, since the checks and balances present are in good-faith, rather than stringent regulations. Our immigration system is quite the same.

Our system operates under the premise that we should be happy to take anyone who would enter Canada; it is nice to think that this would be true, however, it is not — there are some who would have no greater wish than to destroy our institutions, and our people. It is quite fortunate that a vast majority of those who enter this nation do so in good faith, and with the best of intentions, and I would suggest that while keeping a cautious eye on the former, we should embrace the latter with open arms.
 
dekhqonbacha
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C

...

let me put it this way, it is up to islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism the way it is. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with our own survival and safety.

Islam cannot do anything. It existed, it exists, and it will exist the same way.

I depends how the people follow it.

Islam cannot be changed at all. But people can change. If those poeple who follow Islam are educated, they will denounce violence.

The difference in Canada and Europe about the Muslims is that, Canada recieve a small amount of immigrants. They assimilate quickly because they are faced with less obstacles of their tradition and religion.

In Europe, however, there are a lot of Muslims. How did they get there?

France, for example, in order to increase its labor force, and other things (which are not very related to topic) gave citizenship to many of its colonies. Many of which were Islamic. Population of those colonies became citizens of France. Those Muslim who are in France, are at their home. They are not immigrants. It's up to French autority to educate them, which in return decrease violence.

Russia, in order to enjoy vast natural and human resources, conquered many of its sourrunding countries and made them part of Russian Empire. Today, those people are Russia's citizens. They are at home. It's up to Russian autority to educate them, which they did. That's why Russia is handling terrorism and violence better compared to other Europeen countries.

Education of nation will increase their inteligence. Educated people denounce violence. Education beats poverty. Not religion but education will change the follower of any faith.
 
athabaska
#15
I'm an atheist and don't give a darn about what religions are 'suppose to be'...all love and hugs. What counts is what they are in the reality in today's world.. All this crap about Islam isn't really this and Christianity isn't really that isn't worth a pile of doo-doo when someone wants to set off bombs in my country and kill my family.

There are millions among the billion Muslims who want to kill my family and I don't really care if these millions are the real Muslims or not or 'how the Koran preaches murder but doesn't'. When someone wears the Muslim label and wants to set off a bomb and kill my children in the name of Allah, I don't give a rat's as about the theological debates. I want Muslims to show how they aren't going to hurt my family or I want them to stay away as far as possible.

I'm no longer accepting of the 'good ' Muslim declaring how they condemn terrorism and then add a 'but' after the comment. the backhand condoning of the actions of terrorist nutbars is not acceptable.
 
saadia
#16
Quote:

Where do we get these new nutjobs.

Simple, there are bad parts of Islam, but go to Northern Ireland, the Catholic and the Protestants hate each other. Last time I checked they weren't Muslim.

Yeah well I don't see or hear about the people from Northern Ireland running around blowing up planes and plotting terrorist attacks on my country. Many of the worlds inner nations are experiencing inner strife. Yet, do we see it spilling over into the global arena?

Nut Job
 
saadia
#17
Quote:

There are millions among the billion Muslims who want to kill my family and I don't really care if these millions are the real Muslims or not or 'how the Koran preaches murder but doesn't'. When someone wears the Muslim label and wants to set off a bomb and kill my children in the name of Allah, I don't give a rat's as about the theological debates. I want Muslims to show how they aren't going to hurt my family or I want them to stay away as far as possible.

I totally agree. I am tired of the boo hoo outcry of how these terrorists are giving the 'good' muslims a bad name. I am sick and tired of these people coming into my country and failing to appreciate all the opprotunities that are available to them. They cower and hide in mosques and plot destruction of the very same country that is willing to help them. I don't even see many of them assimilating. Whats up with all the veils and crap these women wear. what the hell are they hiding. I may sound intolerant but hey thats is exactly how they are treating us. With intolerance.
 
Daz_Hockey
#18
I'm gonna say this now, cus it's giving me a headache:

ANY RELIGION, FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE IT'S GOAL/S, IS BOUND TO KNOWINGLY, OR UNKNOWINGLY UPSET A GREAT MANY PEOPLE, IT'S UP TO BOTH SETS OF PEOPLE, THE OFFENDERS AND THE OFFENDED HOW THEY DEAL WITH IT.

Simply put, in my opinion organised religion is the spawn of satan anyway, it's created to stir up the populus and turn them against another set of people, the worlds oldest war mongering.

Islam is no different, Christianity is no different, Judiesm is no different, in my opinion Buddism is about the only religion on this front that comes away with any respect, maybe hinduism as well.

ARGHHHH IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE, Stop it everyone, we are all just extra-ordinarlily clever monkeys!!!
 
dekhqonbacha
#19
Are you?

Unfortunatly, I'm not the clever one.
 
dekhqonbacha
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by saadia

...
I am sick and tired of these people coming into my country and failing to appreciate all the opprotunities that are available to them.
...


Your country ?

No one among us is going to Pakistan. And there is not any opportunity available for us in Pakistan, in your country.
 
saadia
#21
Quote:

Your country ?

No one among us is going to Pakistan. And there is any opportunity available for us in Pakistan, in your country.

YES my country. Pakistan is where I was born, but Canada is where I was bred. So I am CANADIAN. I do not consider Pakistan as my country. My parents left that country when I was 2 years old because of lack of opportunities and beacuse of the way the christains are treated there. So curb your ignorance and refrain from making dumb as remarks until you find out the true story.
 
dekhqonbacha
#22
If you commited treason against Pakistan because of lack of opportunity, you will do the same with "your country" when you find better opportunities elsewhere.
 
I think not
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by saadia

I totally agree. I am tired of the boo hoo outcry of how these terrorists are giving the 'good' muslims a bad name. I am sick and tired of these people coming into my country and failing to appreciate all the opprotunities that are available to them. They cower and hide in mosques and plot destruction of the very same country that is willing to help them. I don't even see many of them assimilating. Whats up with all the veils and crap these women wear. what the hell are they hiding. I may sound intolerant but hey thats is exactly how they are treating us. With intolerance.

Bravo! You hit the nail on the head. Good for you!
 
Jersay
#24
Hum who is the extremist?
 
I think not
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Hum who is the extremist?

Obviously anyone who disagrees with your "tolerant" ideology.
 
Jersay
#26
Quote:

I totally agree. I am tired of the boo hoo outcry of how these terrorists are giving the 'good' muslims a bad name. I am sick and tired of these people coming into my country and failing to appreciate all the opprotunities that are available to them. They cower and hide in mosques and plot destruction of the very same country that is willing to help them. I don't even see many of them assimilating. Whats up with all the veils and crap these women wear. what the hell are they hiding. I may sound intolerant but hey thats is exactly how they are treating us. With intolerance.

Apart of their religion. Dah, Dah. Doesn't mean they are going to convert to Christianity if they want to maintain freely the veil and other stuff.

Good you agree ITN.
 
Jersay
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

I'm gonna say this now, cus it's giving me a headache:

ANY RELIGION, FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE IT'S GOAL/S, IS BOUND TO KNOWINGLY, OR UNKNOWINGLY UPSET A GREAT MANY PEOPLE, IT'S UP TO BOTH SETS OF PEOPLE, THE OFFENDERS AND THE OFFENDED HOW THEY DEAL WITH IT.

Simply put, in my opinion organised religion is the spawn of satan anyway, it's created to stir up the populus and turn them against another set of people, the worlds oldest war mongering.

Islam is no different, Christianity is no different, Judiesm is no different, in my opinion Buddism is about the only religion on this front that comes away with any respect, maybe hinduism as well.

ARGHHHH IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE, Stop it everyone, we are all just extra-ordinarlily clever monkeys!!!

Finally along with Tracey's post someone making sme sense and not spouting we hate Muslims BS. So
 
I think not
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

Islam is no different, Christianity is no different, Judiesm is no different, in my opinion Buddism is about the only religion on this front that comes away with any respect, maybe hinduism as well.

I can't say I blame you for thinking the way you do, you've been sucking on a political correctness pacifier ever since you could crawl, no doubt.

Islam is an oppressive religion, unless and I stress unless, the people involved are open to democratic principles and Western values. Yep, them *evil* no good Western values.

What are them *evil* Western values, says you? Why not circumcising a woman despite her objections. Not beating up the women because they forgot to cover up every square inch of skin on their bodies. Not sending their female children back to the motherland to be executed because they dared to "assimilate".
 
Jersay
#29
So if that is the political correctness pacifier?

What have you been sucking??
 
unclepercy
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

Islam is no different, Christianity is no different, Judiesm is no different, in my opinion Buddism is about the only religion on this front that comes away with any respect, maybe hinduism as well.

I can't say I blame you for thinking the way you do, you've been sucking on a political correctness pacifier ever since you could crawl, no doubt.

Islam is an oppressive religion, unless and I stress unless, the people involved are open to democratic principles and Western values. Yep, them *evil* no good Western values.

What are them *evil* Western values, says you? Why not circumcising a woman despite her objections. Not beating up the women because they forgot to cover up every square inch of skin on their bodies. Not sending their female children back to the motherland to be executed because they dared to "assimilate".

I've been reading a few blogs from Iraq, and that is not the news.
The news is that unescorted women and improperly attired women are being shot on the street. It seems that not even Zarqawi's death is news.

The women are frightened, very worried, and that's the news I came across. In Texas, a man would put his life on the line to defend his woman. They are doing it every day in Iraq. What is wrong with Iraqi men?

Uncle
 

Similar Threads

62
0
Jewish museum not so tolerant
by Researcher87 | Sep 23rd, 2006
2
Senegal shows tolerant face of Islam
by I think not | Feb 15th, 2006