Liberals DOUBLE DOWN on DEFICITS

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Typical response from a blow hard!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Also has Obummer's legacy to pay for.

But not Carter's, Reagan's, Bush I's, or Bush II's.

You're laughably transparent.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Well, at least the American public got their consolation prize in advance in the form of an Obama phone.

That deal worked out super extra gooder for the USA

You do know that the "Obama phone" program was instituted under Reagan, right?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You do know that the "Obama phone" program was instituted under Reagan, right?

I don't recall that program as there were no youtubes to confirm back then

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I don't recall that program as there were no youtubes to confirm back then

So, your plea is ignorance?

OK, that's good. Ignorance is curable.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
No, my plea is that the proponents of said program are fully at fault for their inferior communications program.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Why hasn't Obama phoned me? What a jerk.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
He probably wasn't of age to get one during the Reagan years.... That and he's from kenya after all

DaSleeper

I guess I missed that, but it's all a moot point anyway, as he's still years from being eligible from collecting any pensions by which time he'll have no intention of turning any of them down. Like Sleepy says best not to respond to his bull shit!

Of course... those who cry about benefits are the worst at sucking at the government tit
And guys like flossy et al would be the first ones to cry if they were denied to their parents or even(perish the thought) to refugees..
Trolling for fun isn't too bad but trolling with bullshit is what they do!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Govt has no control of or access to the CPP fund.

If I'm not mistaken the Provincial Gov. can borrow against the CPP fund and have 10 years to pay it back, wasn't that the big hallaballoo a few years ago when baby boomers were starting to retire and not enough money in the fund to support them, until the news dug up this little crumb about Provinces not paying back their loans from CPP fund.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

... those who cry about benefits are the worst at sucking at the government tit

Nice to see you finally agree with me.

No, a typical response from a blowhard would be something like "KEEP YOUR F*****G TRAP SHUT!"

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

If I'm not mistaken the Provincial Gov. can borrow against the CPP fund and have 10 years to pay it back, wasn't that the big hallaballoo a few years ago when baby boomers were starting to retire and not enough money in the fund to support them, until the news dug up this little crumb about Provinces not paying back their loans from CPP fund.

How does the provinces taking money out of CPP help pay for retired baby boomers?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

How does the provinces taking money out of CPP help pay for retired baby boomers?

No that was the problem the Province's borrowed the money to such an extent that there wasn't enough in the coffers to pay the upcoming Boomer retirements. The Gov. wanted to cut pension payments to make the available money stretch until the borrowing practise surfaced forcing the Provinces to return outstanding loans to make the money available to the pensioners.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

No, a typical response from a blowhard would be something like "KEEP YOUR F*****G TRAP SHUT!"

See Colpy.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

see colpy for an example of an intelligent response.

fify

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Question: Is there anybody here who thinks that running deficits except in times of national emergency or economic recession is a good idea?

White_Unifier

Question: Is there anybody here who thinks that running deficits except in times of national emergency or economic recession is a good idea?

I don't.

I would even support a revision of the Constitution that would require a 2/3 + 1 vote in Parliament to reduce revenue or increase expenditure and a 1/2 + 1 vote to reduce expenditure or increase revenue.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

Assuming debt is not so much the problem as much as it has to do with the particular situation at that time and what it is used for. In the case of tater tot, the optics are that he's taking on this debt, spending the cash and the public at large has nothing to point to that accounts for the cash.

Any jurisdiction, nation, etc has to generate a basic budget that can be funded through the basic contributions of the population. Understanding that an economy is dynamic and ever changing, it's not unreasonable to use debt to mitigate the cyclical nature of the economy with borrowing against the future... What does become important is that the managers of gvt place great importance on the time value of that money and make the spending decisions accordingly.

That said, the determination of whether or not running a deficit is bad is predicated on the manner in which that money is used.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

Most here do, as long as it's their party running the deficits

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Most here do, as long as it's their party running the deficits

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I don't.

I would even support a revision of the Constitution that would require a 2/3 + 1 vote in Parliament to reduce revenue or increase expenditure and a 1/2 + 1 vote to reduce expenditure or increase revenue.

Sounds like the RCC so you know it is slanted towards favoritism. How about 50% plus 1 vote?? (like in the real world just for a change)
Referendums are the only way to curb influence peddling in the Gov.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I'm not sure about that but there's those here who think passing along what they think are other's ideas is a good idea, although he hasn't got the brains to recognize an idea if it bit him in the face!

Vbeacher
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

This chart shows he didn't do anything but increase out debt by $30B

That is an incredibly ignorant and superficial response.

MHz
At least it is the truth. Now take a look at the debt once we started paying interest to European banks, zoom, zoom. The only ones not mentioning that aspect are the collective that supports the Jewish bankers over the welfare of Canadian citizens. That mat not stink in your world but it does to everybody else on the planet. 70% of our current debt is compounded interest rates.

When you are controlled by cheats and liars just how nice should the posts read??

mentalfloss
It's not the truth.

mentalfloss
Booming Canada lets Trudeau spend a bit more to fight anxiety
https://thepeninsulaqatar.com/articl...-fight-anxiety

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

That is an incredibly ignorant and superficial response.

Well then how much is it?

mentalfloss
$1 Billion Dollars

mentalfloss
Celebration time...

About $33 billion in total has been shaved off the deficits projected over five years, but there is still no timetable for returning to balance. The debt-to-GDP ratio is forecast to drop under 31 per cent this year and reach 28.5 per cent by 2022-23, when the deficit is forecast to be $12.5 billion.

Canada’s new budget numbers show booming economic growth

mentalfloss
Morneau planning another late-December release of long-term deficit forecast

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by avro18 View Post

What happens when interest rates get higher and the Orange man cancels NAFTA?

Chicafta.