2020 iihf world hockey

Mowich
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
Canada shut-out the Fins today 5 zip and are advancing to the Gold Medal round against Russia tomorrow. Canada owned the rink and the Fins just didn't have what it took to get by them or Hoffer our goalie. Outstanding win for our boys. Well done Team Canada.

spaminator
they are going to have a rough time against Russia.

spaminator
+1

Jinentonix
+1
Getting ready to watch the final. 3 more minutes.

Mowich
Man what would we do without the skill and finesse of Hofer??? Our penalty kill is pretty damn awesome too - just too bad we've had to see it in action so often.

Mowich
Damn..........the kids HAVE to stay out of the box!!

0 - 0 after 1.

Mowich
If they can't stay out of the box, the only puck we'll see in the Russian net will be a short-handed one.

GO CANADA GO!

Mowich
Joe Veleno is due a goal.............so many times to the well only to come back dry.

Mowich
Gotta say............this game is anything but boring. Pretty evenly matched teams.

Mowich
It had to happen..........can't give the Russians that many chances ...........damn.

Mowich
We are on the board!

Mowich
That Russian goalie better stop with the antics ............twice he's tried to call foul..........trouble is it was his own teammate that took him down each time.

Mowich
Russians get another goal late in the 2nd P

Mowich
End of wild 2nd P..........Russia draws a penalty leading 2 - 1.......our kids will start the 3rd on a PP.

GO CANADA..........GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mowich
44 seconds after the Russians go ahead 3 - 1 Canada gets within one again.........goal under review as the puck came off McMichael's foot...............and the goal is good.
Last edited by Mowich; Jan 5th, 2020 at 03:22 PM..

Mowich
8:38 in the 3rd and Canada ties the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich
This is one helluva of a Gold Medal game...........us fans are getting full value.

Mowich
It was young Hayton...........who was almost a scratch for the game due to a shoulder injury in the semi-final against the Fins who scored the tieing goal. WTG, kid!

Mowich
At 3:57 in the 3rd, Thomas scores the go ahead goal for Canada.

Mowich
2:41 to go and we are back in the box!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich
I don't know if I am going to live through this game.......this is one for the history books.
4 on 4 with :44 seconds left on a Russian PP and 1:25 left in the game.

Mowich
5 on 3 Canada with :37 seconds left on the clock.........the Russians just completely blew it drawing two penalties.

Mowich
We won.

spaminator
+1

Mowich
Simply an outstanding Gold Medal game. I give full credit to the Russian team up until they lost their tempers. They played excellent hockey and helped to make this a really exciting experience. Russia led the game for 38 minutes. Canada didn't make it out of the single digits until it really counted............and they kept their cool.

Thank you Team Canada for an outstanding effort and a well-deserved Gold Medal. Canada is now the holder of 18 IIHF Gold Medals - more than any other team in the tournament. Well done all.

Over 3000 Canadian fans joined every member of our Canadian team in a resounding rendition of O Canada. It was so cool.

spaminator
+1

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

**** yeah!!

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

We won.

Yay. Any of the players wearing blackface to honour the PM?
Last edited by Walter; Jan 5th, 2020 at 10:50 PM..

Mockingbird
I can never watch these gold medal games, it's just too nerve-racking. I often go to another room in the house to watch a movie or to read and just wait to hear my hubby say YEAH! OR F***! and from that I know the score.

Thrilled for the gold, the boys did Canada proud.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

I can never watch these gold medal games, it's just too nerve-racking. I often go to another room in the house to watch a movie or to read and just wait to hear my hubby say YEAH! OR F***! and from that I know the score.

Thrilled for the gold, the boys did Canada proud.

Nerve-racking for sure, Mockingbird and really hard on the old heart. I was so excited I was actually shaking. I tend to listen more than watch and try to do a few chores that keep me within hearing distance but not glued to the set. Then I watch the game again later in the evening to see the plays I missed without all the heart-pounding ups and downs. I did manage to sit down and watch the final 3 minutes which had enough drama to make it a classic.