Pete Buttigieg 👨*❤️*💋*👨 🏳️*🌈

AnnaE
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Snopes is a reliable source for False News.

Nope it's just another Liberal Leftwing Website.

I wonder if you can find something that Snopes was incorrect about. Somehow I doubt it, yet because it might lean to liberal, it's gotta be wrong. lol

AnnaE

Little Pettie doesn't respect black people

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/2/...lack_community

Didja fact check that oped?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1

Little Pettie doesn't respect black people
https://www.democracynow.org/2020/2/...lack_community

The first thing I checked was whether South Bend has a soft or hard Mayoral system, It has a hard one (totally expecting a gay reference at this point having no other option but to have walked right into it lol) which looks bad for Mayor Pete. That said, the gentleman calling out Buttigieg on racial issues seems to have his own agenda. Turns out Davis is anti LGTBQ, I know that won't resonate with you which is fine, but seems he is motivated. Also too could be because he ran against Buttigieg for Mayor and lost that race. That's not to say his claims are to be dismissed, just have to question his motives. But yes, Buttigieg is scoring low with African Americans, that can't be denied.

https://www.newsweek.com/south-bend-...e-lied-1486429

EagleSmack
+2
The Gentleman? The whole African American community has a problem with Mayor Pete. Is it any wonder why he is a Democrat front runner?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

The Gentleman? The whole African American community has a problem with Mayor Pete. Is it any wonder why he is a Democrat front runner?

I used the term gentleman because I was referring to him re the statements he made. I didn't suggest he was the only individual with similar sentiments.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

I used the term gentleman because I was referring to him re the statements he made. I didn't suggest he was the only individual with similar sentiments.

I know what you meant, but it is more than that one gentleman. It is far more than one person.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1

I know what you meant, but it is more than that one gentleman. It is far more than one person.

Yes, I am aware.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

The first thing I checked was whether South Bend has a soft or hard Mayoral system, It has a hard one (totally expecting a gay reference at this point having no other option but to have walked right into it lol) which looks bad for Mayor Pete. That said, the gentleman calling out Buttigieg on racial issues seems to have his own agenda. Turns out Davis is anti LGTBQ, I know that won't resonate with you which is fine, but seems he is motivated. Also too could be because he ran against Buttigieg for Mayor and lost that race. That's not to say his claims are to be dismissed, just have to question his motives. But yes, Buttigieg is scoring low with African Americans, that can't be denied.
https://www.newsweek.com/south-bend-...e-lied-1486429

Setting aside if he is Gay, Staight, Bi, whatever..

Was he a good mayor, no. According to stats crime increased by double.

https://bongino.com/violent-crime-in...-petes-tenure/

Was he a good military soldier, seems he was great.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/polit...020/index.html

But the most important question is, does he have the government experience to be President..

I don't know, personally, but he's better than Bernie

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1

Setting aside if he is Gay, Staight, Bi, whatever..
Was he a good mayor, no. According to stats crime increased by double.
https://bongino.com/violent-crime-in...-petes-tenure/
Was he a good military soldier, seems he was great.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/17/polit...020/index.html
But the most important question is, does he have the government experience to be President..
I don't know, personally, but he's better than Bernie

Yes, do set that aside, as it has no relevance as to whether he is capable of being President or not.

Was he a good Mayor? Well that's open to interpretation I suppose considering he was reelected to a second tern. The second term coming after he came out and which saw him getting over 80% of the vote. Agreed though that his crime stats are not favorable.

I too question if he has the experience but then Trump had no government experience either and well, you know. Better than Bernie? Who knows. I don't think either can beat Trump. Trump will be reelected, I am sure of that. But for me it's not because Trump is great it's because the Dems are just that bad.
Last edited by Mockingbird; 5 days ago at 06:34 PM..

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
*Term

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1

It's very interesting how you scold others on this forum, yet commit the same infractions yourself.
Typical Liberal, rules are for everyone else, and not you.
Honestly, I don't think America is ready for a Gay President, and I don't think countries such as Iran, China or Russia would even take him serious.
They look towards strong leadership, such as Trump, Bush, Reagan, even Clinton..
But I may be wrong, it may turn out that they elect him, who knows. The USA is full of surprises these days.
Nevertheless, I am going to hedge my bet, Trump will win a second term.

Why wouldn't these countries take Buttigieg serious as President simply because he's gay? The Prime Ministers of Ireland, Luxembourg and Serbia are all gay (one is even a lesbian, imagine that) and they have international relations of varying degrees with all three of the nations that you mentioned.
Last edited by Mockingbird; 5 days ago at 10:15 PM..

pgs
Free Thinker

Why wouldn't these countries take Buttigieg serious as President simply because he's gay? The Prime Ministers of Ireland, Luxembourg and Serbia are all gay (one is even a lesbian, imagine that) and they have international relations of varying degrees with all three of the nations that you mentioned.

Optics mostly . And deep seated prejudice , fear , whatever .But it is there good reason or not .

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Optics mostly . And deep seated prejudice , fear , whatever .But it is there good reason or not .

Doing just minutes of research easy to see some have quite good relations.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1

The USA is undoubtedly the most powerful country in the world.

Iran and Islamic countries throw homosexuals off buildings..

Do you think Iran would ramp up terrorism!? I do.

Do you honestly think Iran would respect a homosexual President.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1

While Americans are more civilized than that - they either beat them to death or shoot them.

And the US wouldn't respect a homosexual president either.

Stop using gays to be anti Iran when you don't give a shyte about them regardless of where they live.

DaSleeper
+1
Just mention the words "gay" "transgender" "Black" "Native" etc etc in a post in this forum and the politically correct in this forum are all over the post analyzing every word, punctuation mark to find fault!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Just mention the words "gay" "transgender" "Black" "Native" etc etc in a post in this forum and the politically correct in this forum are all over the post analyzing every word, punctuation mark to find fault!

That's just Gay.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

While Americans are more civilized than that - they either beat them to death or shoot them.

The biggest threat to members of the LGBT community are other members of the LGBT community.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
And then Pete says it is time to see some of that Black money when corrected he meant dark money, wtf?

Serryah
Free Thinker
+2

The biggest threat to members of the LGBT community are other members of the LGBT community.

As someone part of that community, I agree that yes, some people CAN be threats to the rest of us.

But still no greater than fearful others who really can't get past their own hang ups.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

As someone part of that community, I agree that yes, some people CAN be threats to the rest of us.

But still no greater than fearful others who really can't get past their own hang ups.

I am absolutely shocked that you admit it! I commend you. It is much easier and WOKE to simply blame roaming MAGA hats for beating and shooting members of the LGBT community.

But the FACT is that most violence (including murder) upon the LGBT Community is from other members of the LGBT Community.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

You started it, I only retaliate. Like Boomer is your real name.
I kind thought that's how you were. Thanks for the admission.
Yeah, no gays could ever be strong, right? hahahaha Strong? Trump?Cadet Bone Spurs? Nah He's just got a childish temper and a mean mouth. Funny how Cadet Bone Spurs dodged the military and yet lots of LGBTQ people volunteered for duty in the US military. Buncha wimps, right? https://guides.ucf.edu/c.php?g=78187&p=515547

... are you gay?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker

The USA is undoubtedly the most powerful country in the world, absolutely. And that said Iran would have no other option than having to deal with it, if a gay man were to be elected. But I get whet you're saying. Would Iran be bold in ramping up terrorist activities? I can see how people feel they would and I would not be surprised if they did. You could very well be right that they would not respect a gay President, but then some could say they don't/wouldn't respect any President of the USA.

AnnaE

After Trump had that general offed, I am sure that Iran really respected the USA and isn't looking into revenge, right? How many soldiers have brain trauma after the Iranian retaliation? That's some respect, right?

AnnaE
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Well, the application of the stigma sticks out like a white elephant. Why else would anyone mention a presidential candidate being gay?

AnnaE

I am absolutely shocked that you admit it! I commend you. It is much easier and WOKE to simply blame roaming MAGA hats for beating and shooting members of the LGBT community.

But the FACT is that most violence (including murder) upon the LGBT Community is from other members of the LGBT Community.

You have evidence?
But I'd bet most most persecution and crime against heteros is done by heteros.

AnnaE

... are you gay?

Irrelevant.

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Poor terrified righties.

Let's forget that he graduated from Harvard with honors, got a First in PPE (which most Rhodes scholars are not even permitted to attempt) at Oxford, humped a rifle AND tracked enemy finance as an intelligence officer in Afghanistan, and ran a city for eight years. Or that he learned a difficult language because he wanted to read a book. He's half Trump's age, and has twice his IQ and six times his character.

They're so terrified of the gay man they actually propose giving Iran a veto over the American election.

Crazy and cowardly. Just like their god.

EagleSmack
+1

You have evidence?
But I'd bet most most persecution and crime against heteros is done by heteros.

There absolutely is evidence.

And you would win that bet as well.

DaSleeper

Well, the application of the stigma sticks out like a white elephant. Why else would anyone mention a presidential candidate being gay?

As McCloud would say..."There y' go!