Canada loses jobs, economy and companies

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Mr Duncan should have implemented his own carbon tax and avoided the whole issue

(we're doing fine with ours here in BC as are the other provinces who had the the energy to do their jobs)

Yeah, and we know how that's working - NOT!! BC isn't a prime example of anything right now actually. GHG has increased over time when the carbon tax was supposed to decrease it. Funny how that works eh?

Oh, BTW Alberta was the first province to have a carbon tax but it was only applicable to the "carbon creating" businesses who had to pay, which is how you want it if that's your thing. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much to screw things up now-a-days. The Feds believe that they know better than you so even if you have a small "footprint" that's not good enough. It's disgusting at how governments are taking more and more power away from its citizens. We will rue the day.... I tell ya!!

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Yeah, and we know how that's working - NOT!! BC isn't a prime example of anything right now actually. GHG has increased over time when the carbon tax was supposed to decrease it. Funny how that works eh?

Oh, BTW Alberta was the first province to have a carbon tax but it was only applicable to the "carbon creating" businesses who had to pay, which is how you want it if that's your thing. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much to screw things up now-a-days. The Feds believe that they know better than you so even if you have a small "footprint" that's not good enough. It's disgusting at how governments are taking more and more power away from its citizens. We will rue the day.... I tell ya!!

They need more and more of our labour to continue to grow the bureaucracy . Until we decertify public sector unions and seriously strangle the monster things will never change . Soon we will all be working for government and we will have the fun game of , we pretend to work and they pretend to pay us .
It wonít be changing soon as all our political parties run career politicals with zero or little private sector experience .
And lawyers who talk fine , and charge an arm and a leg .
They will fix it , I am sure .

Hoid
35k jobs created in december 320k total for 2019 1.7% job growth

which is better than 2018

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+3

35k jobs created in december 320k total for 2019 1.7% job growth

which is better than 2018

Coincides with the Xmas tree lot attendants, retail stores bring in help for Xmas and the need for help to shovel the global warming from walk ways.

Sunny Ways

Hoid
you might want study up on jobs data

petros
+3
You might want to just study and study and study because you sure need it.

Hoid
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/dai-...td-add-eng.htm

here is a quick read on seasonal adjustment and time series data- what it is and why it is used.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2

you might want study up on jobs data

Kinda like the way that da gubmint pats themselves on the back for unemployment being down based on the # of claimants on EI has decreased whilst being extra quiet that those numbers don't adjust for those whose claims have expired and are now out of work and no money coming in?

Study up like that?

Hoid
1.7% job growth is better than 2018.

Looks like the voters made the right decision.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3

There has been a net loss of jobs . The data you are reading has been manipulated to make fools like you believe the liberals have done something right.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Those numbers also do not reflect jobs lost for the year.

Hoid
320K jobs created in 2019

even better than 2018

harrylee
Free Thinker
+3

even better than 2018

Mostly in conservative run Ontario

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

even better than 2018

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

even better than 2018

How many were lost?

Hoid
this is just a wild guess but you were not a math major were you?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
So no answer again. Do you know how they calculate the unemployment rate? Whoops way to complicated a question for you. Do you know anything useful at all?

Hoid
i know that anyone who can't understand what 1.7% job growth means is likely to be a white natty climate change denier with an insatiable need to illustrate their stupidity.

Twin_Moose
Conservative

i know that anyone who can't understand what 1.7% job growth means is likely to be a white natty climate change denier with an insatiable need to illustrate their stupidity.

Poloz Enters Home Stretch Hawkish on Rates

Quote:

Stephen Poloz is heading into the final few months of his term as Bank of Canada governor showing few signs of giving up his status as one of the industrialized worldís most hawkish central bankers.
At a decision Wednesday, the bank is widely expected to hold its key interest rate at 1.75%, keeping it unchanged for a 10th-straight meeting and leaving Canada with the highest rate among advanced economies.
Markets also donít see much chance that Poloz, who leaves office in June, will lower borrowing costs in any of his final three meetings after this one, with odds of a cut at less than 40% over that time. Thatís despite having reason to cut, given the economy looks to have slowed sharply at the end of last year.

Quote:

Of course, what matters more for policy makers is where inflation is headed rather than where itís been, and the central bank will update its outlook with new quarterly forecasts on Wednesday. They will probably revise down fourth quarter growth estimates, from their October projection of 1.3%. Growth is trending at less than 1% for the final three months of last year , according to the latest Bloomberg survey of economists.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Poloz Enters Home Stretch Hawkish on Rates

Ouch!, errr, I mean Sunny Ways!

Thanks tater tot

Hoid
Isn't Poloz a Harper appointee?

Yep

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

Isn't Poloz a Harper appointee?
Yep

So what? Is he wrong?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Saskatchewan E.I. claims spiked by 11% between November 2018 and 2019: StatsCan

Hoid
Tsx bouncing to record highes.

Damn that Trudeau

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Which stocks are driving the investments Hoid?

Hoid
1.7% job growth - better than 2018

Dam that Trudeau

petros
+1

That horrible eh?

Hoid
I believe Mr Harper averaged about 1.1% job growth over the course of his nightmare.

harrylee
Free Thinker
+2

Tsx bouncing to record highes.
Damn that Trudeau

US economy sets our pace.

1.7% job growth - better than 2018
Dam that Trudeau

Mostly in Ford's Ontario

I believe Mr Harper averaged about 1.1% job growth over the course of his nightmare.

I think you mean, you're nightmare.

petros
+2

When everyone was working so Canada needed Temp Foreign Workers?