What's Bloomberg up to?

Locutus
Is Michael Bloomberg Using City Resources For His "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" Group?

via Ace of Spades:

I really hate doing the question headline, but this definitely needs answering. I started poking around last night.

At first I pinged mayorsagainstillegalguns.org and found that it was resolving at a New York City government IP address.

Pinging NYC.gov returns the same information.

It turns out I didn't even have to look that closely, because the mayorsagainstillegalguns.org domain is registered to the city of New York. As you can see there, the registrant name is "NYC DoITT", which is the New York City Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications.

According to this, Mayors Against Illegal Guns appears to be a 501(c)(4).

The action fund arm of MAIG is a 501(c)(3). Even if MAIG is reimbursing the city for these services, questions would still remain. Like, would New York City offer these same services to NYCTeaParty4Eva.org? Section 1072(p) of the city's charter on information technology appears to give the Mayor a little leeway, but I can't imagine it would cover his personal nonprofit groups.

Another Bloomberg group, Renew Our Economy, has their domain registered to Mayors Against Illegal Guns. This is all a bit of a mess, which shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. At best, this is really sloppy. At worst, this could be pretty serious. We'll see what develops.

more

Ace of Spades HQ

‘As a NYC taxpayer, I’m pissed’: Is Mayors Against Illegal Guns using NYC resources for its website? | Twitchy

tay
Seems he has other nasty schemes up his sleeve.............

Bloomberg plans to get New Yorkers composting

The city spent $336 million last year disposing of residential trash, exporting most of it to landfills in Ohio, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
Food waste and other organic materials account for almost a third of all residential trash, and the city could save about $100 million a year by diverting it from landfills, said Ron Gonen, who was hired last year as deputy sanitation commissioner for recycling and sustainability, a new job at the department.
“We bury 1.2 million tons of food waste in landfills every year at a cost of nearly $80 per ton,” he said. “That waste can be used as fertilizer or converted to energy at a much lower price. That’s good for the environment and for taxpayers.”

more

Bloomberg plans to get New Yorkers composting : TreeHugger