Chrome vs FireFox -Advice please

bill barilko
I've found Chrome to (inevitably) becoming more & more bloated and thus slower & slower-so I switched to Firefox which is better than it used to be but still far too slow.

So I'm back with Chrome and looking to buy a new desktop.

Danbones
Brave browser is not bad.

annelilly
When it comes to chrome vs firefox, I will always choose chrome. I have used both the extensions. My reasons for choosing chrome is because:-

It gives an amazing web surfing experience by offering various amazing chrome extensions like Favourite keys, Easy Mail, Grammarly. Not only extensions, But It also works faster than firefox. It is very convenient and user-friendly to use. Also, there is a trust of google that ensures an amazing web surfing experience. I am not saying firefox is not good web browser. It is very good. But, If we compare both extensions then I will always go for google chrome.

Jinentonix
Chrome sucks. If I have more than 1 window open it lags horribly. Often times it would just lock up to the point I'd have to reboot, even with just one page open.

I finally switched to Firefox a while back. Haven't had an issue with lag or lock ups since. While Chrome offers more than Firefox, for me at least, more is useless when the browser works like shit.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Chrome sucks. If I have more than 1 window open it lags horribly. Often times it would just lock up to the point I'd have to reboot, even with just one page open.

Then you need a new computer.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Then you need a new computer.

After he gets a second, third and fourth opinion. Too many people trying to push shit these days!

JLM
Internet Explorer!

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Read Google's privacy policy and check out the trade press for stories about what Google collects about you. I won't touch Chrome, won't have it on any machine on the home network. I don't search with Google either. If you value your privacy at all, the only rational attitude toward the Internet is paranoia.

I have no problem with Chrome. Very versatile. If you desire anonymity, use Duckduckgo.

Hoid
just received notice that my chromebook will not be able to do updates after June.

i don't know how long I can continue using it on the internet but I have never had a cheaper more efficient computer for every day browsing. I think I paid under $300 and have used it daily for at least 3 years. I have never done anything to it. Never installed virus protection, never done any sort of update other than click an OK button.

With the end of Windows 7 (about 1/3 of all Windows machines) I would think there would be a massive surge into Chromebooks.

So easy.

Hoid
BTW I also recommend the Celeron chip. Unless you are a gamer - and I am not - there is no need for fast chips. The Celeron gives me lots of performance and holds a charge all day long.

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

BTW I also recommend the Celeron chip. Unless you are a gamer - and I am not - there is no need for fast chips. The Celeron gives me lots of performance and holds a charge all day long.

windows is a resource hog. the faster the processor the better.

Judy7
I used Firefox some 10 years ago and switched to Chrome when I went to college and then at my workplace we all used Google docs and Chrome... My life changed (kind of). It's incredibly fast and I love the extension web store - made my working and student life so easy.
Honestly I haven't browsed in any other browser for at least several years so maybe I'm just too used to it.