#1
Bad pork causes tapeworms to invade Chinese man's brain, chest
Eddie Chau
Published:
November 28, 2019
Updated:
November 28, 2019 11:22 AM EST
(Getty Images)
A 43-year-old man may reconsider eating pork in the future after consuming undercooked meat that left him with hundreds of tapeworms in his chest and brain.
The man, Zhu Zhongfa, was hospitalized after suffering from recurring headaches and seizures. Zhu reportedly told doctors he ate hot pot Ė a Chinese cooking method in which meat and vegetables are cooked in boiling broth Ė with pork and mutton that may have been undercooked.
Chinese news site Pear Video reported that doctors performed an MRI on the man, which revealed hundreds of tapeworms in his brain. A further scan showed more tapeworms in Zhuís chest and lungs.
Doctors noted the tapeworms occupied parts of the manís central nervous system, which caused the headaches and seizures.
Dr. Huanga Jianrong told AsiaWire the tapeworms entered Zhuís body through his digestive system and travelled through his bloodstream. The infected man was diagnosed with cysticercosis and neurocysticercosis.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
Zhu had his skull depressurized and brain dewormed by doctors. He was also given antiparasitic drug and other medications to prevent further damage to his body.
According to World Health Organization, neurocysticercosis results from undercooked, infected pork which causes tapeworm eggs to spawn in the brain. If untreated, tapeworms can stay there for two to three years.

http://pearvideo.com/video_1624070
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SLRnn060sVI
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/bad...ns-brain-chest