BC is getting a new area code.


Vancouverite
#1
It's 236, because of the increasing demand for phone and fax numbers. And 672 is reserved for us, when 23 and 604 and 250 and 778 are no longer enough.
 
taxslave
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Dumb move. It would make more sense if they devided the codes up by area instead of blanketing the province with a mishmash of numbers.
 
weaselwords
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Dumb move. It would make more sense if they devided the codes up by area instead of blanketing the province with a mishmash of numbers.

You think that is whack try the Golden Horseshoe/Toronto 8 count 'em 8 including 2 future overlays
Toronto 416...647...437...387
G H 905..289...365....742
 
B00Mer
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Dumb move. It would make more sense if they devided the codes up by area instead of blanketing the province with a mishmash of numbers.

It's a Liberal Gov't, you know the one that brought in the HST and had to repeal it.. lol They've proven intelligence isn't their strong point.
 
weaselwords
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It's a Liberal Gov't, you know the one that brought in the HST and had to repeal it.. lol They've proven intelligence isn't their strong point.

Area codes have got nothing to do with governments...talk to the Canadian Numbering Administration they work in conjunction with the North American Numbering Administration.....for once a sitting gov't is innocent...
 
Vancouverite
#6
Sooner or later the three-digit codes will be filled up, so we'll be going to four digits ... and then five ...
 
Liberalman
#7
This is because BC has more entrepreneurs and old fartts coming into the province
Last edited by Liberalman; Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:23 PM..Reason: some
 
L Gilbert
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vancouverite View Post

It's 236, because of the increasing demand for phone and fax numbers. And 672 is reserved for us, when 23 and 604 and 250 and 778 are no longer enough.

lol Being an atheist, I am waiting for 666 (all atheists being baby-eating, kitten-torturing, evil people, you know)
 
Cliffy
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

lol Being an atheist, I am waiting for 666 (all atheists being baby-eating, kitten-torturing, evil people, you know)

In the 80s, if you looked in the blue pages, you would have found that just about every federal government phone had a 666 prefix. I think someone must have pointed it out to them so they slowly changed them but even up to about 5 years ago they still had some left over. I used to scare bible thumpers by pointing that little fact to them and also point that their SIN number was the mark of the beast.
 

Similar Threads

1
Code red code red, high alert!!!
by Nuggler | Jan 12th, 2010
12
Code anyone?
by #juan | Apr 7th, 2008
0
The Bloody Code.
by Blackleaf | May 24th, 2006