Only Asian staff in Chinese/sushi restaurants in Vancouver


taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I think Dumpy is just having one of his "immigrants make me feel inferior" moments.

Na he is inferior. Nothing to do with immigrants. Ignorance perhaps?
 
bill barilko
#32
I wonder about the mixed race Busboy I saw in the Malaysian place on W Broadway this afternoon-should someone just shoot the kid?
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Should send some Korean and Japanese Asians from Vancouver to Ontario to show those Ontario people how to put tires on cars effeciently.
These Asians can build and ship cars to Canada cheaper than Ontario can build cars here.

I'm tired of having to pay an import tax to buy an Asian car just to protect the Canadian auto industry..

Then don't buy an Asian car. Simple....
 
Praxius
Free Thinker
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

Ever notice how Asian staff are only employed in Asian restaurants in Vancouver that serve sushi or Chinese food? Every Asian restaurant I've eaten in has only had Asian staff servers and cooks. I've never seen whites or East Indians working in these establishments.

So?

Nobody's stopping you from opening up your own Asian Restaurant & calling it "White Boy's Raw Fish Boutique"

Oh wait, Boutique is french isn't it? I imagine you'd have a problem with that too.

Yeah, it's funny that ethnic foods and ethnic restaurants that serve that ethnic food is usually made by the same people from the same ethnicity.

At the Chinese/Thai Restaurant down the road from where I used to live in Bedford, NS. they had a couple of people working there from Irish/Scottish ethnicity...... and I designed their menus.... and I'm white.

Sorry, what's your point again?

That there's too many Asians in Vancouver and no white people are working in Asian Restaurants.... and that you want to kick them all out of the country so that those restaurants you just claimed you frequent so much will be employed with all white people?

Good luck with that.... I'm sure some white, part-time high school kids can make that Asian food you love so much just as good as those you just kicked out of the country.

Funny that you like their food, you just don't like them or like that they live in the country.

Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

So, no one here lives in Vancouver, and no one has seen a non-Asian person employed in an Asian restaurant. Its like affirmative action and employment equity, which mean whites must emply non-whites, not the the other way round.

Then why don't you go and apply to one, rather than bitching about it in here?

Probably because you wouldn't get the job, and while you'd scream bloody murder that you didn't get the job because you're a disgruntled, xenophobic white guy, it's more likely due to you not having any experience in Asian food other than to come into their restaurants and eating it.

How many people do you know personally who have tried to apply for a job in an Asian Restaurant & didn't get the job because they weren't Asian?

And no, we don't need to all live in Vancouver to know you've lost the plot.
 
dumpthemonarchy
Free Thinker
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Na he is inferior. Nothing to do with immigrants. Ignorance perhaps?

So many people are so eager to give immigrants full citizenship rights, but when it comes to obligations as a citizen they get confused and show their ignorance. Partly because immigrants to them mean nothing, they're the little people you can safely ignore, pat on the head when necessary, and hold up Canada as an example of being such an open and multicultural country.

If Canada is a multicultural country, then these immigrant businesses have multicultural obligations, such as hiring some non-Asians. Aren't Asians progressive? Aren't they just like us? Then they have to follow the rules just like us. They get a pass. So they, and their bogus supporters fail.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

So many people are so eager to give immigrants full citizenship rights, but when it comes to obligations as a citizen they get confused and show their ignorance. Partly because immigrants to them mean nothing, they're the little people you can safely ignore, pat on the head when necessary, and hold up Canada as an example of being such an open and multicultural country.

If Canada is a multicultural country, then these immigrant businesses have multicultural obligations, such as hiring some non-Asians. Aren't Asians progressive? Aren't they just like us? Then they have to follow the rules just like us. They get a pass. So they, and their bogus supporters fail.

Ah, Dumpy was turned down for a job in an Asian restaurant. Ya gotta have empathy for a guy who is trying so hard to move out of his mother's basement but just can't seem to get far enough ahead because of those racist Asians. Poor Dumpy.
 
Omicron
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

So, no one here lives in Vancouver, and no one has seen a non-Asian person employed in an Asian restaurant. Its like affirmative action and employment equity, which mean whites must emply non-whites, not the the other way round.

Hmm... well... Japanese colleagues tend to gripe about how the staff are Chinese in the Vancouver downtown Japanese restaurants.

If we're going to get ethnic about it, how about an all-you-can-eat Swedish Smorgasbord served by cute lasses in flowery print dresses with rings of flowers in their braided blond hair, and a hostess being the fat one wearing a helmet and carrying a spear.
Last edited by Omicron; Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:06 AM..
 
dumpthemonarchy
Free Thinker
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Ah, Dumpy was turned down for a job in an Asian restaurant. Ya gotta have empathy for a guy who is trying so hard to move out of his mother's basement but just can't seem to get far enough ahead because of those racist Asians. Poor Dumpy.

Poor cliffy, he needs the money, go work in a restaurant, its fun.

Yeah, I'd like to see a few Africans serving food too. Fun!
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

Poor cliffy, he needs the money, go work in a restaurant, its fun.

Yeah, I'd like to see a few Africans serving food too. Fun!

What that was truly original and brilliant repartee. A bow to your superior intellect.
 
Omicron
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

Poor cliffy, he needs the money, go work in a restaurant, its fun.

Yeah, I'd like to see a few Africans serving food too. Fun!

Maybe... but actually, most African food is boring.
 
Praxius
Free Thinker
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

So many people are so eager to give immigrants full citizenship rights, but when it comes to obligations as a citizen they get confused and show their ignorance. Partly because immigrants to them mean nothing, they're the little people you can safely ignore, pat on the head when necessary, and hold up Canada as an example of being such an open and multicultural country.

If Canada is a multicultural country, then these immigrant businesses have multicultural obligations, such as hiring some non-Asians. Aren't Asians progressive? Aren't they just like us? Then they have to follow the rules just like us. They get a pass. So they, and their bogus supporters fail.

How about you first prove that they are purposely avoiding hiring anybody who's not Asian before you can make such claims. Are they avoiding hiring anybody who's not Asian, or is it that most others in the country who are not Asian just don't bother to apply for a job in an Asian Restaurant?

Here's another question for you:

When was the last time you saw an Asian working in an Irish Pub?
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#42
Do you really want a kid who worked in Burger King before to make your plate of blow fish?
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+1
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Should send some Korean and Japanese Asians from Vancouver to Ontario to show those Ontario people how to put tires on cars effeciently.
These Asians can build and ship cars to Canada cheaper than Ontario can build cars here.

I'm tired of having to pay an import tax to buy an Asian car just to protect the Canadian auto industry..

Wow, so you're assuming that Asians just naturally know how to build cars? Ontario already has a large number of Asians so there goes your plan.... idiot.
 
Nuggler
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Should send some Korean and Japanese Asians from Vancouver to Ontario to show those Ontario people how to put tires on cars effeciently.
These Asians can build and ship cars to Canada cheaper than Ontario can build cars here.

I'm tired of having to pay an import tax to buy an Asian car just to protect the Canadian auto industry..


http://www.shiftportal.com/iic/redir...x.cfm?id=19255


They're already here, and growing
 
Niflmir
Free Thinker
+1
#45
There's a Canadian Pizza place in Berlin. I must say, the pizza was much more Italian than Canadian; Canadian pizza is covered in greasy fake mozzarella. I think they were using real mozzarella.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

Poor cliffy, he needs the money, go work in a restaurant, its fun.

Yeah, I'd like to see a few Africans serving food too. Fun!

So Dump- I am of the opinion that you are a racist prick- Nothing wrong with what I have posted. Tell me where I am in error.
 
Spade
Free Thinker
#47
Only Arabic staff in a Sufi restaurant?
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Only Arabic staff in a Sufi restaurant?

Long wait at the table for service- They could be busy with other things of a higher order. A higher table shall we say.
Last edited by Goober; Jun 18th, 2012 at 07:24 PM..
 
dumpthemonarchy
Free Thinker
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

So Dump- I am of the opinion that you are a racist prick- Nothing wrong with what I have posted. Tell me where I am in error.

Would you get your terminology correct, I am a racialist, that means I see the difference between races. I can often tell when I see a Japanese from a Korean because I lived in Asia. Most Canadians just see Asians or Chinese because they haven't traveled and don't care. They just want their raw fish, small sized clothes/shoes (women), and Asian wives.

You'd think the human rights crowd would be all over this. They hate uniformity and homogeneity. They want diversity here, and so do I. At least a show of it anyway.
 
The Old Medic
Conservative
+1
#50
Don't kid yourself that white folks can't cook Chinese food well. I worked in a Chinese restaurant at the age of 13. I was hired as a diswasher. The first night, I asked the owner if he could teach me to cook some Chinese dishes? He didn't answer, he just looked at me.

Two days later, when I came to work, there was a new dishwasher. The owner put me on as an apprentice cook. I asked him why, and he smiled and said, "You are the first round eye that ever asked".

I learned to cook Cantonese foods from him, and later in my life I learned to cook Sechuan, Mandarin and several other types of Chinese foods.

I also cook some Japanese, some Korean, German, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, some Russian/Polish, and some Vietnamese.

I am a firm believer that eating is a joy and pleasure, and the Europeans did NOT corner the market on cooking.

I also bake a lot of stuff. It's hard to keep my weight down sometimes.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post



I learned to cook Cantonese foods from him, and later in my life I learned to cook Sechuan, Mandarin and several other types of Chinese foods.


Sechuan is great, just the right amount of kick to the cuisine.
 
dumpthemonarchy
Free Thinker
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post

Don't kid yourself that white folks can't cook Chinese food well. I worked in a Chinese restaurant at the age of 13. I was hired as a diswasher. The first night, I asked the owner if he could teach me to cook some Chinese dishes? He didn't answer, he just looked at me.

Two days later, when I came to work, there was a new dishwasher. The owner put me on as an apprentice cook. I asked him why, and he smiled and said, "You are the first round eye that ever asked".

I learned to cook Cantonese foods from him, and later in my life I learned to cook Sechuan, Mandarin and several other types of Chinese foods.

I also cook some Japanese, some Korean, German, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, some Russian/Polish, and some Vietnamese.

I am a firm believer that eating is a joy and pleasure, and the Europeans did NOT corner the market on cooking.

I also bake a lot of stuff. It's hard to keep my weight down sometimes.

So we learn anyone can cook food that is not part of their race/culture. However things like harmony are involved which are crucial to Asians. Fine in Asia, but not Canada.
 
bill barilko
+3
#53
This just in-more white people spotted working in Asian restaurants in Greater Vancouver.

Details whenever I get around to it.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

So we learn anyone can cook food that is not part of their race/culture. However things like harmony are involved which are crucial to Asians. Fine in Asia, but not Canada.

You are one dumb Fuk- The Irish, English, Germans, Italian and so on all hired within their cultures due to massive discrimination at the time- and other reasons - And still you keep on getting to be more of a Racist Prick with every Thread or post.

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

This just in-more white people spotted working in Asian restaurants in Greater Vancouver.

Details whenever I get around to it.

Bill - I will trust your advice on places to eat when we ever get to Vancouver.
 
CanadianLove
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Kathie Bondar View Post

There are Chinese by ever increasing numbers in Alberta's oil industry. I worked as a temporary for some Chinese companies, when they were time-pressed to fulfill a contract. As soon as the panic subsided all non-chinese were let go. And that's how they operate. They want the legal protection to work for us, but when it turns around labor laws do not apply to them.

That is just the people with the least company seniority getting laid off. Same anywhere if your special skill is not needed any longer.
 

Similar Threads

1
Sushi-How To Lesson
by Unforgiven | Oct 10th, 2007
7
microwaveable sushi!
by Twila | Jun 1st, 2005