Loss internet connection


pariahsmile
#1
Dear !

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...
 
Nanoose
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by pariahsmile View Post

Dear !

I have just run this program earlier and after the desk top reboot I could not connect to the internet. I have run a check on my computer found the the IP address show 0.0.0.0.0.

what has happened? I have called the service provider the technician claim that the cable from the modem to the computer need to be replaced. but I have used another cable, having done the IPCONFIG still finds the IP address not available. Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...

Maybe your settings changed to "Work off line" . Cheers!
 
MHz
#3
reboot
 
Curious Cdn
#4
Don't click on any of his links!
 
TenPenny
#5
If you can't connect to the internet, how did you post that?
 
Danbones
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

If you can't connect to the internet, how did you post that?

Quote:

Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...

oh I dunno...

writing skills are no good unless the viewer has reading skills
nice to see I guessed correctly about yours
 
TenPenny
#7
What's a modem? Why would a router have anything to do with it? A router is a woodworking tool.
 
Dexter Sinister
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by pariahsmile View Post

Currently am using the same modem connected to a wireless router, with my laptop the modem is working, but the desk top is not...

This is nonsense, nobody connects to a wireless router with a modem. Any laptop less than about 20 years old will connect to the wireless router directly with its built-in wireless networking capability, so will any desktop machine if it has a wireless card in it, and otherwise it'll use a direct cable connection to the router, no modem is necessary. This is either a lead-in to some sort of scam, or somebody with no understanding of networking technology using the wrong words for the components.
 
DaSleeper
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

This is nonsense, nobody connects to a wireless router with a modem. Any laptop less than about 20 years old will connect to the wireless router directly with its built-in wireless networking capability, so will any desktop machine if it has a wireless card in it, and otherwise it'll use a direct cable connection to the router, no modem is necessary. This is either a lead-in to some sort of scam, or somebody with no understanding of networking technology using the wrong words for the components.

Actually the phone line or cable connects to the modem, then the modem connects to the router with a separate wire....nowadays what you get from the phone or cable company is a combination Modem/router built in.
What I would have suggested he try a wired connection to his laptop, just in case his wireless got switched off.
 
Durry
-1
#10
Anybody so dumb that they can't figure out what their problem is with an Internet connection, should not be on the Internet at all.
 
MARKRONSON
#11
I don't know much about this. You may refer ip guide. It might help you in resolving your issue.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#12  Top Rated Post
This thread is two years old....If the OP hasn't figured it out by now????????
 
spaminator
+1
#13
the plug should be pulled on a few posters.
 
Curious Cdn
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

the plug should be pulled on a few posters.

Kick them out of Tim Hortons and cut off their Internet.
 

Similar Threads

1
ODBC connection
by go4kpo | Nov 15th, 2005
0