Sentenced to 12 years in slave concentration camp


Kreskin
#1
Two female reporters were sentenced to 12 years of torture for crossing the NK border.

Is it just about time that North Korea got its ass kicked? I mean really. There should be a coalition to wipe those jack booted turds off the map. Blow the **** out of those missile silos and stuff Jong Il's nuts down his throat.

One of these times I'll form an opinion on this.
 
Tonington
#2
An opinion on how best to feed Jong Il his balls?

I say well done. No blue rare for him!
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#3
It's scary to see when lunatics run countries.
 
Kreskin
#4
My opinion would be to roast under an open flame until charbroiled, then remove appendage from body.
 
shadowshiv
Free Thinker
#5
It's almost like he is daring other countries to try something. Total nutbar.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Two female reporters were sentenced to 12 years of torture for crossing the NK border.


Sentenced to 12 years in slave concentration camp



Maybe it won't be so bad if there is a lovable Sgt Schultz to be fooled at every turn and a zany-style Col. Klink that these women can take advantage of: you know, build tunnels, construct radios in coffee cans - that sort of thing.
 
Kreskin
#7
Ya, it'll be a barrel of laughs starving and forced to work, then beaten for not doing enough.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#8
SOB should be tied to a cactus with rawhide, covered in honey, and then staked to the ground beside fire anthill. Fat little arrogant sewer slime.
I wish those girls would have done a little research on NK activities before going there. NK steals Japanese girls. Why not American-Chinese?
North Korean abductions of Japanese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#9
... I suppose that the other side of this story is that these 2 ladies should have thought twice about sneaking into the country to do an journalistic piece that had no other intention but to embarass the country.

BTW - These women DID understand that not only were they not welcome in N.Korea, outsiders are essentially prohibited... I wonder if they had some bizarre belief that they are entitled to certain inalienable rights (as Americans) while in N.Korea?

In the end, perhaps they didn't get the memo that detailed that N.Korea is dictator-controlled, vehemently communist nation that absolutely loathes the West... Maybe they'd have thought twice about it.
 
Kreskin
#10
Perhaps the il prick will get the memo attached to an ICBM.
Quote:

SOB should be tied to a cactus with rawhide, covered in honey, and then staked to the ground beside fire anthill. Fat little arrogant sewer slime.

I'm with you Gil, and after that we'll really make his life miserable; we'll force him to watch George Bush speeches.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#11
I don't care if they didn't do enough research about what might happen, NK is totally out of fµcking line.
 
Kreskin
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

I don't care if they didn't do enough research about what might happen, NK is totally out of fµcking line.

I agree. I don't think a memo would excuse Hitler. This guy is nothing less. Probably far worse.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#13
No matter how you cut it - these 2 women landed their own asses in this mess... Kim Jong Il didn't invite them and he didn't kidnap them. Both women knew - explicitly - that they were taking a big risk.

Now - only after they've been caught - is this an issue. During the time that they were playing Woodward and Bernstein the likely motivation was to achieve fortune and fame.. Well, it back-fired on them and there is no one else to blame but themselves for their abject stupidity.

While I don't wish this eventuality on anyone, you'll pardon me for not having unconditional sympathy for 2 people that specifically went looking for trouble and found exactly that.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

No matter how you cut it - these 2 women landed their own asses in this mess... Kim Jong Il didn't invite them and he didn't kidnap them. Both women knew - explicitly - that they were taking a big risk.

Now - only after they've been caught - is this an issue. During the time that they were playing Woodward and Bernstein the likely motivation was to achieve fortune and fame.. Well, it back-fired on them and there is no one else to blame but themselves for their abject stupidity.

While I don't wish this eventuality on anyone, you'll pardon me for not having unconditional sympathy for 2 people that specifically went looking for trouble and found exactly that.

So it's their fault Il and his ilk persecuted them? After all, it's not Il's fault he's a megalomaniac and arrogant tyrant. It's the fault of the people he victimizes. Women who dress sexy probably deserve to be raped, too, I suppose? Grandpa and Grandma Jones probably deserve to be robbed because they worked to have nice things in their home, too, yes? The planet deserved Hitler because it didn't have a dictator to rule it, right?
 
Kreskin
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

No matter how you cut it - these 2 women landed their own asses in this mess... Kim Jong Il didn't invite them and he didn't kidnap them. Both women knew - explicitly - that they were taking a big risk.

Now - only after they've been caught - is this an issue. During the time that they were playing Woodward and Bernstein the likely motivation was to achieve fortune and fame.. Well, it back-fired on them and there is no one else to blame but themselves for their abject stupidity.

While I don't wish this eventuality on anyone, you'll pardon me for not having unconditional sympathy for 2 people that specifically went looking for trouble and found exactly that.

They're only fame is getting caught. You wouldn't know them from a hole in the ground if this trial and sentence didn't happen. They aren't the first journalists to be around the China-NK border, and the rest aren't exactly household stars with recording contracts.

If it was your own daughter being sent to a Hitler style concentration camp you'd probably have a different outlook. But since it's just another batch of bytes on a computer screen, and it's about other people ... ah shucks, who cares., it's only that crimes against humanity stuff that happens elsewhere.

I just hope to live long enough to see Kim Jong Il hung by his nuts.
 
TreeGirl
No Party Affiliation
#16
I wish we could go in there and take them out...Humanity is suffering everywhere when this is allowed. To bad they couldn't be traded out for some of the pond scum we have in our own backyard.
 
earth_as_one
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

I don't care if they didn't do enough research about what might happen, NK is totally out of fµcking line.

Does NK have the right to enforce its own laws within its borders or do American reporters have the right to break NK laws in NK?

Surely we have some North Koreans locked up somewhere we can trade...
 
Andem
Free Thinker
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Does NK have the right to enforce its own laws within its borders or do American reporters have the right to break NK laws in NK?

Surely we have some North Koreans locked up somewhere we can trade...

Good point.

I've seen this program on television lately called Banged up abroad and it really is taking your chances with the laws of different countries.

It was the journalists who took the extremely daft risk of trying to cross a border of a country like NK.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Two female reporters were sentenced to 12 years of torture for crossing the NK border.

Is it just about time that North Korea got its ass kicked? I mean really. There should be a coalition to wipe those jack booted turds off the map. Blow the **** out of those missile silos and stuff Jong Il's nuts down his throat.

One of these times I'll form an opinion on this.

From what I can gather the country is pretty well useless anyway, can't even grow enough food to sustain themselves. Maybe dropping a block buster on the parliament bldgs. would smarten them up. That way a few politicians would go with minimal risk to the ordinary citizens.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Does NK have the right to enforce its own laws within its borders or do American reporters have the right to break NK laws in NK?

Surely we have some North Koreans locked up somewhere we can trade...

It has not been proven that the reporters actually entered NK territory, it has been speculated that the NK guards might have scooped them from the Chinese side of the border, which is not out of the realm of possibility considering their past actions.

Link
"Both women work for Al Gore 's Current TV . They were arrested near the North Korean border with China where they were reporting on the trafficking of women.

There are doubts over whether the pair tried to enter the country or were arrested on Chinese territory."
 
Kreskin
#21
This isn't enforcing laws, it's enforcing crimes against humanity. That isn't a legal system.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#22
Since I have extensive contacts within the NK regime, I will send a diplomatic note to the "Dear Leader" demanding that he release these reporters at once!
 
earth_as_one
#23
Just because our news tells us we should be outraged doesn't mean we should be outraged. I wonder how outraged people would be if the US detained North Koreans who illegally entered the US?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

This isn't enforcing laws, it's enforcing crimes against humanity. That isn't a legal system.

Which crime against humanity?

Crime against humanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

North Korea's forced labor camps may qualify, regardless of whether the Americans will be sent there... Most likely these women will be well treated and used as bargaining chips.
 
earth_as_one
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

It has not been proven that the reporters actually entered NK territory, it has been speculated that the NK guards might have scooped them from the Chinese side of the border, which is not out of the realm of possibility considering their past actions.

Link
"Both women work for Al Gore 's Current TV . They were arrested near the North Korean border with China where they were reporting on the trafficking of women.

There are doubts over whether the pair tried to enter the country or were arrested on Chinese territory."

I suppose that's possible. But if the women were abducted in China, why isn't China complaining?
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

I suppose that's possible. But if the women were abducted in China, why isn't China complaining?

Without proof either way, the issue can't be pushed too much, is my guess.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

So it's their fault Il and his ilk persecuted them? After all, it's not Il's fault he's a megalomaniac and arrogant tyrant. It's the fault of the people he victimizes. Women who dress sexy probably deserve to be raped, too, I suppose? Grandpa and Grandma Jones probably deserve to be robbed because they worked to have nice things in their home, too, yes? The planet deserved Hitler because it didn't have a dictator to rule it, right?


It is their own fault. Bitch and moan all you like about Kim Jong Il, but as I stated earlier, HE didn't force these women to illegally enter or trespass in North Korea - they did it for their own stupid and selfish reasons.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

They're only fame is getting caught. You wouldn't know them from a hole in the ground if this trial and sentence didn't happen. They aren't the first journalists to be around the China-NK border, and the rest aren't exactly household stars with recording contracts.

If it was your own daughter being sent to a Hitler style concentration camp you'd probably have a different outlook. But since it's just another batch of bytes on a computer screen, and it's about other people ... ah shucks, who cares., it's only that crimes against humanity stuff that happens elsewhere.

I just hope to live long enough to see Kim Jong Il hung by his nuts.


You need to change one word in your first sentence:

They're only R-I-S-K was getting caught. In terms of fame, don't fool yourself into believing that these women were assuming a heinous risk for charity or because someone double-dog-dared 'em.... Face facts Kreskin, these women had Z-E-R-O business in North Korea.. They were happy to take the risk prior to being caught, but now, I'm guessing that they are thinking twice about it.

As far as this: "If it was your own daughter being sent to a Hitler style concentration camp you'd probably have a different outlook" bullsh*t... It would never happen because it is made perfectly clear that as a person, you are expected to take complete and full responsibility for your actions - especially the stupid ones.

So let me ask you: When your young daughter went off and poked at a hornets nest in the front yard (despite your telling her not to) and raced home balling her eyes out 'cause she got stung a few times - who did you blame?... The municipality? The neighbour across the street? Mother Nature?.. Anyone but but your daughter I'll bet.

RE: these women in N.Korea.. No sympathy.. Put simply, I don't suffer fools too easily.
 
Kreskin
#28
This isn't justice, it's systematic physical and mental brutality. Read what survivors of North Korean labor camps have to say. Blaming these women for repression is like blaming them for being raped, which I'm sure they will be as well if this is carried through.
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#29
.. Break the laws in another country and be prepared to suffer the consequences as defined in that country.

"Blaming these women for repression is like blaming them for being raped, which I'm sure they will be as well if this is carried through"

What a retarded statement... Maybe you can make some heart-felt references to kittens stuck in trees with rain clouds on the horizon. I'll wager that there is an argument to be made that we raze all trees because kittens can get stuck in them.

That said, If you are unable to make a clear and cognizant argument other than needing to depend on highly charged emotional statements that (ironically) have no contribution in assessing responsibility or solving the problem, consider not including them at all.
 
Kreskin
#30
Speaking of retards perhaps YOU could provide some evidence of their crimes that warrants being brutalized. I'll wager you can't find any.
 

Similar Threads

1
Cop killers sentenced to 81 years in jail
by Blackleaf | Dec 22nd, 2006
34
Pedophile sentenced to four years
by I think not | Jan 19th, 2006