The creator of universe

akbar
I believe that the God is the sole absolute creator and controller of universe. I believe that every human that attained/attains the age of sensibility might/may obtain such belief through personal inclination, pondering, experiences and meditation. Such human might/may be anybody anywhere in the world. There were/are religious, traditional, ceremonial beliefs or so called beliefs without any personal inclination, meditation. How faith in the God can be collective if an individual does not bother about? Is not every human responsible for his/her own deeds and faith? However collectiveness is good if participants are sincere and understand the grounds of their participation.

I think traditional beliefs are loosing viability to so called modern scientific approach. However mankind is naturally inclined to have a belief in unseen power though their naturalness was/is defiled and they were/are misguided by selfish religious clergies. Sincere wise humans did and may lead them to a true sincere faith.

Humans take every thing which they are habitual to see or experience as a routine matter or a scientific process. For examples, had there been no sleep and a human happens to have a sleep and rise up again they would have taken it as a miracle. Had there been no tornadoes and they happen to see one they would have taken it as miracle or a warning from the unseen power. Similarly had there been no earthquakes, volcanoes or other disasters they would have observed, paid attention to and contemplated.

Humans know about the vastness of universe but its vastness is not imaginable and would never be; unimaginable vastness, unimaginable planets and stars. Do humans know about its perfection? If even one of them slips from its place, it may cause unimaginable destruction or perhaps total absolute destruction. Perhaps science says it was/is all accidental and by chance. What an unimaginable, unlimited and unbelievable chance without any creator or controller (as they say)! Every one of these innumerable is keeping its place, pace and continuity with perfect harmony. Such an unimaginable vast universe and unimaginable so called chances!

Humans know that there is life on one planet called earth. It is placed in universe in such a locale perfectly and delicately that it may not have any symptoms of life if not on same exact position. Night falls, sun rises and we count days and years. Weathers change and there is much indispensable water circle. So many and various factors which are necessary for life and even one of these was never, is not and will not be present anywhere else in unimaginable vastness of the universe. So many creatures and plants much different and alike and mankind have been benefiting from many of them. Was all that by chance? We know some scientist have strived to unsolved the mystery. Alas! They do not contemplate sensibly. It is not and may not be in their reach. Mysticís meditation may understand and unsolved it and not so called scientific progress. Life itself, its creation, reproduction and every thing around us are miracles of the God and nothing else. Just imagine if earth absorbs waters of oceans and takes it to its inner depths.

Humans do not understand blessings which they have in general. They take them as a common routine and do not bother or contemplate. They wish anything special for a particular group or person to be thankful to the God or to take as a miracle.

Scientific progress by humans is also the Godís will and He certainly channeled humanity to achieve scientific progress at a fixed time otherwise humans were not of inferior capabilities hundreds or thousands years ago. This progress is certainly not without any purpose as nothing happens without any purpose or without the Godís will. The God knows what the purpose might be. I think there might be a great change in future or near future. No one can predict what kind of change it might be. One purpose it is serving is that people including me are communicating with each other through internet etc. otherwise I would have blocked in small sphere of rigidity. Thanks God, I take it as blessings and let me say that I also take it as a miracle of the God.

Pangloss
And I pray every morning to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. At least his heaven has a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

Pangloss

JoeSchmoe
Quote:

I believe that the God is the sole absolute creator and controller of universe.

It really doesn't matter what you "believe". Where's your evidence?

RomSpaceKnight
"God" is the defining principle which set creation in motion. Probably more of a mathematical phenomena within chaos theory. Something upset the primordial singularity which exploded during the Big Bang to create all of creation. I doubt very much it is some white guy with a long white beard and flowing robes who speaks English. The gods are human creations to explain natural phenomena and metaphors to give reality to moral codes and ethics. Most of the gods came before general literacy among the general population. For more of our history humans have had an oral tradition not a written one.

karrie
hmm... I find it interesting that you explain away gods as nothing more than a human face to put on a mathematical hiccup. That seems to sort of jar with what I know of you as a pagan and a spiritual person. Not so much admitting that gods are human contructs.... (I'm Catholic and I feel the same way)... but that you feel in the end all there is is a mathematical phenomena. Why worship if there's nothing there to worship?

(asking out of curiosity, not challenging)

Impetus
I've always liked this verse from the Aqualung album by Jethro Tull...
Muz

1In the beginning Man created God;
and in the image of Man
created he him.

2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of
names,that he might be Lord of all
the earth when it was suited to Man

3 And on the seven millionth
day Man rested and did lean
heavily on his God and saw that
it was good.

4 And Man formed Aqualung of
the dust of the ground, and a
host of others likened unto his kind.

5 And these lesser men were cast into the
void; And some were burned, and some were
put apart from their kind.

6 And Man became the God that he had
created and with his miracles did
rule over all the earth.

7 But as all these things
came to pass, the Spirit that did
cause man to create his God
lived on within all men: even
within Aqualung.

8 And man saw it not.

9 But for Christ's sake he'd
better start looking.

look3467
Akbar,

You have a friend.
I like what you said in your OP.

Though we both have differing views on the same creator, yet we are trying to exercise His kind of love.

That is not saying that non-believers donít exercise it either, itís that they just donít realize that itís from God.

Gods love is not like mans love.
Gods love in man is giving
Gods love in man is longsuffering
Gods love in man is patient
Gods love in man is kind
Gods love in man is slow to anger
Gods love is forgiving
And the most important one of all, is oneís willingness to lay down oneís life for another.

If you notice, all of the above are one way with noting in return expected?

Now, someone tell me, truly, that this evolved by mere mutations of cells, and not by the spirit of the creator?
If the answer is yes, by cells, then they too have eyes to see but see not, ears to hear but hear not.
For if but we look all around us and see life in the birds, the beasts of the field, the fish in the ocean, the movement of the plants, the quantity and the wonder of the stars, the mountain ranges, the blue skies, the thunder and lighting, the microscopic life in the world of miniature, the atom, we will see life, movement, existence, a blessing, and a creator.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by Impetus View Post

I've always liked this verse from the Aqualung album by Jethro Tull...
Muz

1In the beginning Man created God;
and in the image of Man
created he him.

2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of
names,that he might be Lord of all
the earth when it was suited to Man

3 And on the seven millionth
day Man rested and did lean
heavily on his God and saw that
it was good.

4 And Man formed Aqualung of
the dust of the ground, and a
host of others likened unto his kind.

5 And these lesser men were cast into the
void; And some were burned, and some were
put apart from their kind.

6 And Man became the God that he had
created and with his miracles did
rule over all the earth.

7 But as all these things
came to pass, the Spirit that did
cause man to create his God
lived on within all men: even
within Aqualung.

8 And man saw it not.

9 But for Christ's sake he'd
better start looking.

Yes, man did create god to their own liking which was not left without notice.
For at a predetermined time in mankind's history, the Creator chose to reveal Himself, not forgetting all those who made gods for themselves for lack of Godly knowledge, but were driving from with in to acknowledge something of a god by relating to it by some material attachment.

We have had Godly knowledge of the true creator for a few thousand years now, and the onus is on God to call us on it.
Weather we acknowledge it or not, it is to our benefit or demise, yet, not over looked.

And that last part, not over looked, is why God is who He is.

Peace>>>AJ

Impetus
Why is it you "mystics" can't express a thought clearly without a lot of flowery double-negatives and run-on sentences?

We could just as easily be a bacterial culture in "his" lab with delusions of grandeur.

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours, but I think god has a sick sense of humour.
And when I die I expect to find him laughing" XTC

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not an athiest but I think it the epitome of arrogance to believe we're qualified to say what's what in terms of a "creator", particularly to give he/she/it human characteristics.

Muz

Quote: Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

Yes, man did create god to their own liking which was not left without notice.
For at a predetermined time in mankind's history, the Creator chose to reveal Himself, not forgetting all those who made gods for themselves for lack of Godly knowledge, but were driving from with in to acknowledge something of a god by relating to it by some material attachment.

We have had Godly knowledge of the true creator for a few thousand years now, and the onus is on God to call us on it.
Weather we acknowledge it or not, it is to our benefit or demise, yet, not over looked.

And that last part, not over looked, is why God is who He is.

Peace>>>AJ

Locutus
Good Orderly Direction?