Iceland Is Officially Worshiping Norse Gods Again


Tecumsehsbones
+2
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh joy! I wonder if they will be bringing back rape, murder, and pillaging as their tenements.

Nah, nobody'd be able to tell them from Christians and Muslims if they did that.
 
Nick Danger
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't think there are other possibilities. I believe that God is the only god there is.

And as I said, you are entitled to those beliefs. But when you look down your nose at the beliefs of others because they don't align with yours, that's when the arrogance thing kicks in.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Nah, nobody'd be able to tell them from Christians and Muslims if they did that.

They were able to tell them apart before T-Bones. Why the Norse made history by their rapes, massacres, and enslavement of Christians.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

They were able to tell them apart before T-Bones. Why the Norse made history by their rapes, massacres, and enslavement of Christians.

Who, ironically, proceeded to rape, massacre, and enslave others, all whilst proclaiming their moral and spiritual superiority to the Norse.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

And as I said, you are entitled to those beliefs. But when you look down your nose at the beliefs of others because they don't align with yours, that's when the arrogance thing kicks in.

Kicked in long before that, Nick. This is just the point at which it calls attention to itself. Again.
 
Serryah
+2
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I believe that the Christian god is real, as I'm a Christian.



I don't need to prove my God exists. I'm a Christian and therefore I believe only the Christian God exists. There is no Woden or Odin or Krishna or Allah. These are, unlike the Christian God, mythical beings invented long ago by humans, humans which were created by God.

And as already asked, Prove it.

If you cannot prove it, then you do not have really the right to say other Gods are mythical beings. They are just as real as your version of God is. Just because they may not be as worshiped as they used to be doesn't mean they are fake.

Then again, your version of God IS just as fake as these other 'myths' so...
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

And as already asked, Prove it.

If you cannot prove it, then you do not have really the right to say other Gods are mythical beings.

Princess has the right to say anything he likes.

"To save a fool from his folly the gods themselves contend in vain."
 
EagleSmack
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Who, ironically, proceeded to rape, massacre, and enslave others, all whilst proclaiming their moral and spiritual superiority to the Norse.

And the "others" who ironically were raping, massacring, and enslaving others while worshiping the great sky father and sun god.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

And the "others" who ironically were raping, massacring, and enslaving others while worshiping the great sky father and sun god.

Precisely. So what's your hard-on about the Norse for? Least they didn't claim to be followers of a god of love while they did their brutal deeds.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Precisely. So what's your hard-on about the Norse for? Least they didn't claim to be followers of a god of love while they did their brutal deeds.

Well the hard on if you were following along is Cliffy praising the return of a religion where raping, pillaging, massacres, and enslaving others is making a comeback.

Cliffy! You know the one who in a former life was a Cree Warrior and bashes Christianity non-stop for it's brutality.
 
Blackleaf
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

And as I said, you are entitled to those beliefs. But when you look down your nose at the beliefs of others because they don't align with yours, that's when the arrogance thing kicks in.

I do look down at other people's beliefs, because I don't believe in them.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Well the hard on if you were following along is Cliffy praising the return of a religion where raping, pillaging, massacres, and enslaving others is making a comeback.

Eh, I mostly skip over Cliffy. Sorry, shouldn'ta stuck my oar in till I was up to speed.

Quote:

Cliffy! You know the one who in a former life was a Cree Warrior and bashes Christianity non-stop for it's brutality.

He'd be a good fake Shawnee. I know a good few who are perfectly capable of saying proudly that Tecumseh stopped the Shawnee practice of torturing captives and at the same time denying that the Shawnee tortured captives.
 
Nick Danger
+1
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I do look down at other people's beliefs, because I don't believe in them.

That sentiment in itself is probably the biggest single cause in Christianity's overall loss of followers. But you are entitled to your beliefs.
 
Blackleaf
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

That sentiment in itself is probably the biggest single cause in Christianity's overall loss of followers. But you are entitled to your beliefs.

So Christians having Christian beliefs - such as there is only one god, probably the main Christian belief - is a big cause of some sort of mythical (almost as mythical as those pagan gods like Thor that you worship) decline of Christianity, is it? What a strange logic you have.

Far from declining, Christianity - which is already the largest religion on Earth - is growing. Outside the West, the religion is undergoing explosive growth, despite the fact that it is the most persecuted religion on the planet, with the culprits mainly being Muslims, but also a few simple Christianophobes, too.

70% of people in the West are Christians. About three-quarters of all humans in Europe, North America and Oceania are Christians, and 90% of people in South America.

In 1900, there were approximately 10 million Christians in Africa. By 2000, there were 360 million. By 2025, conservative estimates see that number rising to 633 million. Those same estimates put the number of Christians in Latin America in 2025 at 640 million and in Asia at 460 million.

By the middle of this century, there will be three billion Christians in the world - one and a half times the number of Muslims. In fact, by 2050 there will be nearly as many Pentecostal Christians in the world as there are Muslims today.

Within Christianity itself, the number of Protestants like myself is growing, whilst Catholicism is in decline.
 
Nick Danger
+1
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

So Christians having Christian beliefs - such as there is only one god, probably the main Christian belief - is a big cause of some sort of mythical (almost as mythical as those pagan gods like Thor that you worship) decline of Christianity, is it? What a strange logic you have.

Far from declining, Christianity - which is already the largest religion on Earth - is growing. Outside the West, the religion is undergoing explosive growth, despite the fact that it is the most persecuted religion on the planet, with the culprits mainly being Muslims, but also a few simple Christianophobes, too.

70% of people in the West are Christians. About three-quarters of all humans in Europe, North America and Oceania are Christians, and 90% of people in South America.

In 1900, there were approximately 10 million Christians in Africa. By 2000, there were 360 million. By 2025, conservative estimates see that number rising to 633 million. Those same estimates put the number of Christians in Latin America in 2025 at 640 million and in Asia at 460 million.

By the middle of this century, there will be three billion Christians in the world - one and a half times the number of Muslims. In fact, by 2050 there will be nearly as many Pentecostal Christians in the world as there are Muslims today.

Within Christianity itself, the number of Protestants like myself is growing, whilst Catholicism is in decline.

It depends how you look at it Blackleaf. While overall numbers of Christians is rising with world population, the percentage of religious adherents belong to Christian faiths is dropping, losing ground in large part to Islamic faiths.

And I didn't say Christianity was losing ground because of its monotheistic views, I said it was losing ground because of its intolerance to other belief systems. Please don't twist my words, that's a juvenile tactic not deserving of a place in intelligent debate.
 
MHz
#45
They better be careful, outrageous moves like that can get them booted from the gossip club.
 
taxslave
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Thanks to the Anglo-Saxons, it is some of these gods which gave the names of some of the days of the week in English.

The Anglo-Saxons, a Germanic race like the Vikings, worshipped some of the same gods as the Vikings. The Viking god Thor was known as Žunor to the Anglo-Saxons (I wish the English language still had the letter Ž, like Icelandic still has); the Viking god Odin was known as Woden to the Anglo-Saxons; Frigg was known as Frige to the Anglo-Saxons; the Viking god Tżr was known as Tiw to the Anglo-Saxons.

Žunor , Woden, Frigg and Tiw is where we get Thursday, Wednesday, Friday and Tuesday from.

Of course, none of these gods exist. The only real god is the Christian god.

You were doing so good right up to the last sentence.
What makes you think your mythical god is any better than any other mythical creature?
 
Johnnny
+1
#47
Blackleaf just can't catch a break there eh....
 
SLM
+1
#48
Thor



Okay then.

Count me in.
 
MHz
+1
#49
Careful or those sweaty palms will short out your keyboard.
 
damngrumpy
+3
#50
Christ was not a Christian he was a Jew and he came to reform the Jewish faith
he did not set out to start his own church
 
Curious Cdn
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

lots of hate in this post

Definitely not Bhuddist!

Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Thor

Thath's okay. Jutht uth more ointment.
Last edited by Curious Cdn; May 11th, 2016 at 05:43 PM..
 
Cliffy
+2
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't think there are other possibilities. I believe that God is the only god there is.

You really don't understand that the Koran is a rewrite of the old testament and that Allah is the name of your God in Arabic, do you? Muslims are actually an offshoot of the Jewish religion, just like the Baha'i are an offshoot of the Muslim religion and the JWs are an offshoot of the Seventh Day Adventists. Allah and God are the same entity whether you want to believe it or not.
Last edited by Cliffy; May 11th, 2016 at 05:18 PM..
 
Mowich
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I do believe everyone else (well, non-Christians) is wrong. I don't believe in Wodin or Buddha or Allah or Krishna. As a Christian I only believe in the Christian god. There is no two ways about it.

You believe and worship Wodin or Frigg or Allah or Buddha all you like, mate. You are entitled to your beliefs, but I believe they're false, invented deities.

Who invented God.........cause the first human's on Earth sure didn't so someone had to in which case that makes your choice just as bogus as those you choose to deny.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't give a damn what Buddhists do. I'm not a Buddhist, and nor do I have any intention of being one. I'm a Christian.

Well you are a piss poor example of one, IMHO.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh joy! I wonder if they will be bringing back rape, murder, and pillaging as their tenements.

And Cliffy seems to be very excited about a religion that openly encourages warfare.

Hey Cliffy... don't forget to hold your sword next time you down your pills... you could wake up in Valhalla without it!

I gave you that greenie by mistake. Stupid me.
 
Ludlow
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Thor



Okay then.

Count me in.

From what I understand Thor looked more like Jabba the Hut.
 
EagleSmack
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I gave you that greenie by mistake. Stupid me.

Thanks!
 
Curious Cdn
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

From what I understand Thor looked more like Jabba the Hut.

He was a lot like Sigurd the Purple.
 
Mowich
+1
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't think there are other possibilities. I believe that God is the only god there is.

Blinders are wonderful if tunnel vision is your choice but they are no help what-so-ever in opening a closed mind.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Thor



Okay then.

Count me in.

Real Thor:




 
MHz
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Christ was not a Christian he was a Jew and he came to reform the Jewish faith
he did not set out to start his own church

If you are wrong you might as well be as wrong as you can get.

M't:16:18:
And I say also unto thee,
That thou art Peter,
and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
 
Cliffy
#60
Oh, and I forgot to mention, Blackhead, that the Anglican church is an offshoot of the Catholic church.
 

Similar Threads

0
Norse Paganism
by RomSpaceKnight | Nov 28th, 2007