Coca-Cola Infuriates the Right

karrie
+4
Coca Cola Super Bowl 2014 Commercial "America The Beautiful" [HD] - YouTube

Why Coca Cola's Multicultural 'America the Beautiful' Ad Was Offensive
"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government. It is not a nation governed in the Anglo-American tradition of liberty. It is instead a nation governed by some all inclusive multi-cultural synthesis of the various forms of government in the world, as expressed by the multiple languages used in the Super Bowl ad to sing a uniquely American hymn that celebrates our heritage."

WLDB
Funny.

MHz
Does this mean Santa is now officially not white?

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government. It is not a nation governed in the Anglo-American tradition of liberty. It is instead a nation governed by some all inclusive multi-cultural synthesis of the various forms of government in the world, as expressed by the multiple languages used in the Super Bowl ad to sing a uniquely American hymn that celebrates our heritage."

Are you offended by the reaction from the American right?

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Does this mean Santa is now officially not white?

The historical figure was a Greek from Asia Minor. I think Greeks are white.

karrie
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTears View Post

Are you offended by the reaction from the American right?

Offended? No. I find entitled outrage to be a combination of amusing and intriguing, moreso than offensive.

BaalsTears
+1 / -1

Offended? No. I find entitled outrage to be a combination of amusing and intriguing, moreso than offensive.

Well then, have fun.

Walter
+3
Did the tweeters identify themselves as on the so-called right?

Tecumsehsbones
+2

"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government.

Singing "America the Beautiful" is a government function now?

SLM
+6
Score one for Pepsi. Lol.

And somewhere out there, a life was not had by some.

Tecumsehsbones
+4 / -1
Maybe Pepsi could do a product differentiation thing, come out with a series of commercials saying "Pepsi. For white, Christian, English-speaking Americans only." Then we could let the market decide, the trasured conservative test.

SLM
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Maybe Pepsi could do a product differentiation thing, come out with a series of commercials saying "Pepsi. For white, Christian, English-speaking Americans only." Then we could let the market decide, the trasured conservative test.

Awesome, I'm sure Dr Pepper would make out like a bandit.

I think more people need to look into having their outrage reduced surgically.

(AKA removing the stick)

tay
+4 / -1
Here's a Fun Fact that may cause some heads to explode.........

Oh the irony of it all. Conservative Christians love the song, America the Beautiful, it encapsulates their faith and the government. The big secret, the writer was gay!

Queer Thoughts: A Lesbian wrote America The Beautiful

Walter
+1
Where does it say Christians didn't like the commercial?

Tecumsehsbones
+6 / -1
Thanks for the reddie, Wally. Don't forget to babble about Benghazi and black kids who could be Obama's son.

tay
CAUTION; The F--- word appears in this pic

http://i.imgur.com/lMP6KxB.png

Machjo

I don't think it had anything with the 'right', and more to do with prejudice.

In France right now, there's an ex-communist who's joined a more reactionary protest movement recently saying he is left when it comes to workers, but right when it comes to 'French values'.

BaalsTears
How did the Britons feel about the Angles, Saxons and Jutes? Did the Britons welcome them?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Awesome, I'm sure Dr Pepper would make out like a bandit.

I think more people need to look into having their outrage reduced surgically.

(AKA removing the stick)

Dr Pepper is the guy signing all the oxy Rxs

Locutus
+6
I'm still infuriated. Don't think I can even leave the house today I'm so damn mad.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Oh the irony of it all. The big secret, the writer was gay!
Queer Thoughts: A Lesbian wrote America The Beautiful

So what if you don't like homosexuals, it has nothing to do with the commercial. How did you find out if it's a secret?

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Dr Pepper is the guy signing all the oxy Rxs

The original Dr Feelgood.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That would just make Pepsi a black market item.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

That would just make Pepsi a black market item.

Win Win. Everything on the black market is worth more than normal.

Cannuck
...and here I thought the right would be upset because Seattle's QB was "darker" than Denver's. I never can keep up with what gets their panties twisted.

IdRatherBeSkiing
For me I prefer Coke over Pepsi. Don't care about the ads.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I'm still infuriated. Don't think I can even leave the house today I'm so damn mad.

I am going F*ing NUTS over this!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

...and here I thought the right would be upset because Seattle's QB was "darker" than Denver's. I never can keep up with what gets their panties twisted.

Oh That makes the RIGHT SO CRAZY! Black QBs beating White QBs.... BONKERS!

petros
+7
#27  Top Rated Post
Remember what happened last time we saw 3 hours of a black man driving Broncos?
Last edited by petros; Feb 4th, 2014 at 12:17 PM..

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Remember what happened last time we saw 3 hours of black man driving Broncos?

I didn't just cheer on a black QB this year I cheered on the whole Seattle Seahawks just so I could see this at the end of the game...

Machjo
+1
The anger must be contagious. I'm crying with rage right now but can't figure out why.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I didn't just cheer on a black QB this year I cheered on the whole Seattle Seahawks just so I could see this at the end of the game...

The only more perfect ending would have been this type of humiliation of Pretty Boy and Bellecheat.