Sarah Palin was right


Locutus
#1


After years of being the Democrat Party’s ‘Exhibit A’ for everything that’s wrong about right-wing politics in America, Sarah Palin has won praise from one of the left’s most respected intellectuals.

Noam Chomsky, who’s written over 100 books, has said the former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee was right about Barack Obama’s 2008 election slogans.

“I don’t usually admire Sarah Palin, but when she was making fun of this ‘hopey-changey’ stuff, she was right,” the noted linguist told Democracy Now.




serenity now

Sarah Palin right about Barack Obama’s ‚€˜hopey-changey‚€™ stuff? You betcha, says Noam Chomsky | National Post
 
Kreskin
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
This means she no longer has much power because the Chomper is at odds with anything and anyone who does, regardless of affiliation.
 
Locutus
+1
#3
Regardless...she was right.
 
petros
+3
#4
Things have changed that is for sure. The tyranny and loss of freedom has increased immensely.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+4
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Regardless...she was right.

What's the saying? A million monkeys typing for a million years may produce an occassional novel. Something like that.

ETA: Looked at her picture. She has not aged well.
 
Locutus
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

What's the saying? A million monkeys typing for a million years may produce an occassional novel. Something like that.

ETA: Looked at her picture. She has not aged well.



ETA: Neither have I but I'd still stick it in her.
 
petros
+3
#7
After half a dozen kids you might want to tie a 2x4 across your rump so you don't fall in.
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
#8
She was right.

Oh well...We Won't Get Fooled Again.
 
EagleSmack
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

This means she no longer has much power because the Chomper is at odds with anything and anyone who does, regardless of affiliation.

Exactly!

Wait... what?
 
Kreskin
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Regardless...she was right.

No, the right is simply a bunch of obstructionists. And they'll get the boot again next time too.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2
#11
This is more fluff regardless of whether she was right or wrong. Yes fluff.
Election slogans are just that. I have never made up my mind to vote based
on a slogan. I make up my mind on a guess of which items they will actually
concentrate on and the ones that are in the idealistic minds eye. For example
Medicare, I vote against anyone who would mess with that in this country.
There are a whole lot of things wrong. Some speak of a loss of freedom that
started before Obama got anywhere near the White House and the reason is
not that Obama is a dictator or tyrant its because the American People have
bought into fear rather than hope. That is not Obama's fault it is the fault of
the people themselves. Security will not make people secure. Belief in
themselves makes people secure.
Is Obama the greatest thing since sliced bread? NO but he was a hell of alot
better choice than Palin or even Romney and the final outcome at the ballot
box demonstrated that. It is time for people to deal with the issues and lose
the chip on their shoulder. Obama Won Period get over it. The Republicans
are setting themselves up to lost to Ms Clinton the way they are behaving.
 
Walter
-1
#12
The thread title should read, "Sarah Palin is right". Will easily beat Hillary in an election.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

After half a dozen kids you might want to tie a 2x4 across your rump so you don't fall in.

You don't know about women who stay in shape, your loss.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post



ETA: Neither have I but I'd still stick it in her.

In 2008 she was at least a looker. Now not so much. I won't comment on what you will stick it in or not (if anything).

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The thread title should read, "Sarah Palin is right". Will easily beat Hillary in an election.

She has too much foot in mouth to win. Don;t think she will carry the Republican nomination. I believe there are some Republicans who probably think she contributed to 2008 loss.
 
Walter
-1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I believe there are some Republicans who probably think she contributed to 2008 loss.

Not the conservative GOP members.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Not the conservative GOP members.

Doesn't say much for their intelligence, does it?
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

What's the saying? A million monkeys typing for a million years may produce an occassional novel. Something like that.

Didn't take a million Palin's a million years though.


Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

ETA: Looked at her picture. She has not aged well.

You be the judge

 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You be the judge

Where did you get the impression that I thought Hillary was ever good looking?
 
captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
#18
Just an illustration of the aging process in relation to 'political attractiveness'... Nothing more
 
DaSleeper
#19
The "Iron Lady" wasn't much of a looker but I might have voted for her, the way she handled the falklands .
But that doesn't mean I would vote for Hillary.......
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
-1
#20
One thing that Obama will be remembered for - he lies - a lot. But people are so in love with him they don't care. It's unfortunate, but true. Romney would have made a much better President, despite what the liberals say. I'd prefer someone with actual "work/business experience. Obama had neither. But his good looks and smooth delivery (as long as he has a teleprompter) made it sound like he knows what he's doing. I don't believe he does.- he's a puppet for the big money men. He's a Con man, through and through and his monied supporters knew that and believed he could pull it off and he did! Surprise!!!.

The people he has around him are left wing fascists from the '60's. Thankfully, he can only serve 2 terms but a lot of damage can be done in that time. I suspect even Hillary, if she runs and wins, will be a better President than he could ever hope to be.

The GOP need to get their "poop" together or the dems will have the WH for a long time to come.

JMHO
 
Tecumsehsbones
+4
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

One thing that Obama will be remembered for - he lies - a lot. But people are so in love with him they don't care. It's unfortunate, but true. Romney would have made a much better President, despite what the liberals say. I'd prefer someone with actual "work/business experience. Obama had neither. But his good looks and smooth delivery (as long as he has a teleprompter) made it sound like he knows what he's doing. I don't believe he does.- he's a puppet for the big money men. He's a Con man, through and through and his monied supporters knew that and believed he could pull it off and he did! Surprise!!!.

The people he has around him are left wing fascists from the '60's. Thankfully, he can only serve 2 terms but a lot of damage can be done in that time. I suspect even Hillary, if she runs and wins, will be a better President than he could ever hope to be.

The GOP need to get their "poop" together or the dems will have the WH for a long time to come.

JMHO

You forgot to say that he's a Kenyan Muslim socialist who wants to destroy America.

And Canada.
 
Walter
-1
#22
She's right again.

Palin on Ukraine: I told you so – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#23
Seems to me she also predicted she would win the election. How did that one turn out?
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#24
Palin is another one of those shrill voices loud and empty
She is what one might say was the beginning of the end
for the respectable right. After Palin came the Tea Party
and before them came the Moral Majority the Evangelical
Right. The latter still had some common touch with
reality not much but some. Now we have people who want
to believe in the end time to those speaking in tongues.
As crusty as Hillary may be, she is still better than the shrill
empty voices leading the charge at present.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The thread title should read, "Sarah Palin is right". Will easily beat Hillary in an election.

You don't know about women who stay in shape, your loss.

Nope- Hillary is not running for dog catcher.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#26
Well, Wally, even a bubblehead like Palin can't be wrong ALL the time. Law of probability indicates that.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Well, Wally, even a bubblehead like Palin can't be wrong ALL the time. Law of probability indicates that.

From 2008 till now- about 6 years and she guessed right once on Foreign Policy- Oh Sarah u r a jeanus.
Signed
The Great Unwashed.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Palin is another one of those shrill voices loud and empty
She is what one might say was the beginning of the end
for the respectable right. After Palin came the Tea Party
and before them came the Moral Majority the Evangelical
Right. The latter still had some common touch with
reality not much but some. Now we have people who want
to believe in the end time to those speaking in tongues.
As crusty as Hillary may be, she is still better than the shrill
empty voices leading the charge at present.

So says he from his lofty position at the head of the B.C.Fruit Growers Association .
Promote the anti free trade policies of his chosen candidate .Probably a good move for your membership .
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So says he from his lofty position at the head of the B.C.Fruit Growers Association .
Promote the anti free trade policies of his chosen candidate .Probably a good move for your membership .

You cannot attack the points made, then attack the man?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

You cannot attack the points made, then attack the man?

Well it seems to me he was attacking all those good patriotic American citizens that feel they are TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY
Pretty much the way I feel up here in Canadu . Fair game .
 

Similar Threads

0
The NYT likes Sarah Palin
by Locutus | Sep 9th, 2011
106
The Sarah Palin History Channel
by Icarus27k | Jun 14th, 2011
4
Sarah Palin gets ph-owned
by fubbleskag | Nov 2nd, 2008
6
Sarah Palin, again..
by Kreskin | Oct 1st, 2008
4
Interview Sarah Palin
by Kreskin | Sep 29th, 2008