Thanks God

akbar
Thanks God is a very good prayer if not only said but felt. In fact all prayers relate to feelings and sincerity and lip service does not matter. The God knows with how much sincerity words are uttered, and even it does not matter if words are not spoken; as He knows feelings of hearts and measures sincerity.

I believe that if a person is extremely hungry, he/she wants and wishes food, thirsty wants water and not rich food or packed drinks. Similarly facing sever weather wants clothes and shelter and not fashion costumes or luxurious living. When relieved he/she continues adding wishes, but the God wants from him/her contentment. What is the scale where any body should be satisfied? This scale is minimum human requirements. Though struggling for more may not be prohibited but feeling discontentment for not having much is not liked by the God. No contentment, no prayers and no thanks God.

If anybody has more than his/her just needs and happens to meet or know about, not having minimum requirements must help such person/persons in the name of God; if a believer. A bare footed needs shoes and a naked needs dress and is not choosy but if provided with, feels restlessness to have many or of higher quality. Had he/she been a believer would have been grateful to the God and said thanks God. No thanks God, no faith or hypocritical feigned faith.

To live a better life having some or more in addition to minimum basic requirements is not bad, but to grow habitual and take them inseparable is not good. Such a person is likely to be depressed when not having such additions and such depression is contrary to contentment and faith. Such a person also looses capability of sincerely saying, thanks God.

Let me quote one of many real examples. A family happened to live among neighbors, relatives, friends or not friends. This family become richer than others and purchased a new luxury vehicle which others didnít or could not have, so they were very happy or perhaps proud. Others also envied their fate. That family went out on a happy trip but alas suffered one or more casualties. Those who escaped death very sadly said; had the God not given them that vehicle they would not have suffered. Others also passed such remarks. So, I think it is much good to be ever satisfied, as the God knows who are lucky or unlucky and who are going to be. To be rich is not bad but to be impatient for is not good. Be satisfied, be merciful, help others, be not restless for getting more, enjoy calmness and say thanks God. Let me say thanks God means contentment and happiness.

Riches does not necessary brings happiness but helping others surely does. Thanks God that He gave you much to give and not to get and do not take wealth as your right. I believe that all prayers are ceremonial if praying person is not really thankful to the God and does not feel thanks God in his/her heart.

I believe the God does not want humans suffer but He wants them to remember and keep in mind that they may suffer various sufferings and may loose various blessings, so be thankful to the God. Alas, mankind does not understand and does not say thanks God even they suffer and are relieved from sufferings.

china
Akbar
Who/ What is God , Where does he live , Can I meet him,What's his real name or does he have one ?,Who gave it to him.Please tell me. You don't have to be specific ,just a little truthful ,that's all.
Thanks ,China

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by akbar View Post

Riches does not necessary brings happiness but helping others surely does. Thanks God that He gave you much to give and not to get and do not take wealth as your right. I believe that all prayers are ceremonial if praying person is not really thankful to the God and does not feel thanks God in his/her heart.

Morning akbar. I see you are already thinking hard for the day.

Have to say here I completely disagree with what you have written about God and the state of poverty in the world. Not to say you are wrong and I am right. Maybe we are both wrong, maybe we are both right. Maybe coming from the Western world I view things differently from you because of my culture. Actually I view things differently from most Westerners too. Oh well.

I think we need to give thanks to God. But God does not need us to give thanks to him. Nor does he care. Nor does he care how much wealth we have or do not have. It is up to us. Should we share? Absolutely that would be a good thing for the soul of the person doing the sharing.

Quote:

I believe the God does not want humans suffer but He wants them to remember and keep in mind that they may suffer various sufferings and may loose various blessings, so be thankful to the God. Alas, mankind does not understand and does not say thanks God even they suffer and are relieved from sufferings.

God may have great and deep compassion for those who suffer but he does not interfer. IF he did interfer he would indeed more on the evil side than the good.

Unforgiven
Yeah thanks for child soldiers. Or atleast putting them in the way of those who would use their free will to spread that brand of evil across the country side.

akbar
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

Akbar
Who/ What is God , Where does he live , Can I meet him,What's his real name or does he have one ?,Who gave it to him.Please tell me. You don't have to be specific ,just a little truthful ,that's all.
Thanks ,China

The God I believe has no particular name. He is neither He nor She and any name that suits or has good meanings in any language of the world can be given to him or He/She may be left without name.

He lives every where in the universe. You can find him in your hearrt and I hope you would have read the posts I sent and would read coming to know about my faith as it can not be answered in few sentences. Such a faith can be every bodies and any bodies faith wiht out any condition or approval by any other including me. Thanks.

akbar
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Morning akbar. I see you are already thinking hard for the day.

Have to say here I completely disagree with what you have written about God and the state of poverty in the world. Not to say you are wrong and I am right. Maybe we are both wrong, maybe we are both right. Maybe coming from the Western world I view things differently from you because of my culture. Actually I view things differently from most Westerners too.

Welcome Sal. You may disagree wiht me and yet may be right. My words are not a religious doctrine so I may err. I illustrate my heart felt feelings and I believe that human hearts are alike the world over yet there may be mistakes in my illustration.

Such discussions evolve philosophy and you know that I am a simple farmer. I only want to arouse a feeling and not to establish bindings like religions.

diamond lady
Beautiful post, I totally agree with you

There are many things in life, besides great wealth, which makes life good, even if one has only what, is enough. For example a good relationship with God, having trust in Him, being assured of His care and good pleasure
Good health, tranquillity, contentment, blessings, feeling content at home and enjoying friendly relationships with others: the joys of doing righteous deeds and their effect on oneís conscience and life
Wealth is just one element, and a little of it is enough so that the heart may focus on things that are greater, purer and more lasting in the sight of God.

We need money in order to live but that does not mean that we need to live for the sake of money, because happiness can not be bought with money

I find my happiness in my faith, and I believe that true happiness lies in faith
Once a person finds true faith, it will not matter if he sleeps in a hut or by the side of the road; he will be content with a piece of bread. And he will be the happiest person in the world.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "O God, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor." His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection."

salaam (peace)

diamond lady
About Struggling...

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a
small opening appeared. He sat and watched the
butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its
body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop
making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten
as far as it could, and it could go no further.
So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took
a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit
of the cocoon.
The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a
swollen body and small, shriveled wings.
The man continued to watch the butterfly because
he expected that, at any moment, the wings would
enlarge and expand to be able to support the
body, which would contract in time.
Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the
rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body
and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.
What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not
understand was that the restricting cocoon and
the struggle required for the butterfly to get
through the tiny opening were Allah's way of
forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into
its wings so that it would be ready for flight
once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.
Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in
our lives. If Allah allowed us to go through our
lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us.
We would not be as strong as what we could
have been. We could never "fly"!

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love..........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities. I received nothing I wanted ........
I received everything I needed!

"So blessed be Allah, the best of creators!"
Sura The Believer (23) verse 14

salaam

akbar
Dear diamond lady

Your thoughts as reflected in two posts are much beautiful than diamonds including references by peace be upon him but let me tell you that my thoughts and views are not religion bound; and I believe in a non religious God.

Philo Cojones
Jaja?

Northboy
Quote: Originally Posted by akbar View Post

Thanks God is a very good prayer if not only said but felt. In fact all prayers relate to feelings and sincerity and lip service does not matter. The God knows with how much sincerity words are uttered, and even it does not matter if words are not spoken; as He knows feelings of hearts and measures sincerity.

I believe that if a person is extremely hungry, he/she wants and wishes food, thirsty wants water and not rich food or packed drinks. Similarly facing sever weather wants clothes and shelter and not fashion costumes or luxurious living. When relieved he/she continues adding wishes, but the God wants from him/her contentment. What is the scale where any body should be satisfied? This scale is minimum human requirements. Though struggling for more may not be prohibited but feeling discontentment for not having much is not liked by the God. No contentment, no prayers and no thanks God.

If anybody has more than his/her just needs and happens to meet or know about, not having minimum requirements must help such person/persons in the name of God; if a believer. A bare footed needs shoes and a naked needs dress and is not choosy but if provided with, feels restlessness to have many or of higher quality. Had he/she been a believer would have been grateful to the God and said thanks God. No thanks God, no faith or hypocritical feigned faith.

To live a better life having some or more in addition to minimum basic requirements is not bad, but to grow habitual and take them inseparable is not good. Such a person is likely to be depressed when not having such additions and such depression is contrary to contentment and faith. Such a person also looses capability of sincerely saying, thanks God.

Let me quote one of many real examples. A family happened to live among neighbors, relatives, friends or not friends. This family become richer than others and purchased a new luxury vehicle which others didnít or could not have, so they were very happy or perhaps proud. Others also envied their fate. That family went out on a happy trip but alas suffered one or more casualties. Those who escaped death very sadly said; had the God not given them that vehicle they would not have suffered. Others also passed such remarks. So, I think it is much good to be ever satisfied, as the God knows who are lucky or unlucky and who are going to be. To be rich is not bad but to be impatient for is not good. Be satisfied, be merciful, help others, be not restless for getting more, enjoy calmness and say thanks God. Let me say thanks God means contentment and happiness.

Good on You...

Northboy
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

Akbar
Thanks ,China

Well here we go...

China, Where is God? He i looking over your shoulder right now...Think not?? Ask Him..

As for talking to Him, well I don't think right now you wnat to talk to him direct, but find one of his emanations or better yet, identify one his Avatars and have a conversation....

And I will boldly predict you will find what you're seeking....

Hint:

You've already dialogued with one of His Avatars....

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

Well here we go...

China, Where is God? He i looking over your shoulder right now...Think not?? Ask Him..

As for talking to Him, well I don't think right now you wnat to talk to him direct, but find one of his emanations or better yet, identify one his Avatars and have a conversation....

And I will boldly predict you will find what you're seeking....

Hint:

You've already dialogued with one of His Avatars....

Questions are not always about something we don't know, but are asked to draw out from poster a particular point.

Peace>>>AJ

Northboy
Quote: Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

Questions are not always about something we don't know, but are asked to draw out from poster a particular point.

Peace>>>AJ

I'm not following you....

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by Northboy View Post

I'm not following you....

I was trying to say to you that China, was trying to draw out from Akbar certain information from his question to him. and not that he didn't know the answer to his own question.

At least, that's what I rad into it.

Peace>>>AJ

Northboy
Quote: Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

I was trying to say to you that China, was trying to draw out from Akbar certain information from his question to him. and not that he didn't know the answer to his own question.

At least, that's what I rad into it.

Peace>>>AJ

Ah, you are probably right...

Speaking directly to people is still the best form of communication, don't you think???