POTUS (Donald) many legal issues cornering him

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

There being sexually abused in the caravan on the way to trump's immigration palaces

Oh, well, that makes it OK, then.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Snake he may be, JLM but one has to wonder if the bigger snake is not his former boss.

I thought "there is honor among thieves"

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I thought "there is honor among thieves"

Common misconception. It's a corruption of "There is no honor among thieves." Proverbs 21:10

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Common misconception. It's a corruption of "There is no honor among thieves." Proverbs 21:10

THAT would make more sense...………………………...one good reason why should act strictly on your own when engaging in criminal activity. The down side is it might make a lot of 'jobs' quite difficult.

Tecumsehsbones

THAT would make more sense...………………………...one good reason why should act strictly on your own when engaging in criminal activity. The down side is it might make a lot of 'jobs' quite difficult.

The idea comes from fiction that glorifies criminals, suggesting that they don't cheat each other, either through some twisted code of honor or from realization that it's a pretty good way to get dead.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

The idea comes from fiction that glorifies criminals, suggesting that they don't cheat each other, either through some twisted code of honor or from realization that it's a pretty good way to get dead.

Maybe there is some truth to the old adage "Crime does not pay".

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Trump refuses to release his tax returns because ‘he might end up in an audit’: Cohen

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/tru..._notifications

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Maybe there is some truth to the old adage "Crime does not pay".

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."
-- Mario Puzo, The Godfather

DaSleeper
+2

A lawyer with a sense of humor I like it!

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Cohen says Trump asked him to mislead public about hush money

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...out-hush-money

JLM
No Party Affiliation

But is he exempt from getting dead?

Hoid

But is he exempt from getting dead?

Are you threatening his life?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
The 29 most consequential lines from Michael Cohen's congressional testimony

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/27/polit...&nsid=90699903

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

THAT is how Trump supporters "think". Threats and bellicose language is their norm. It is not enough that he is already going to jail.....or that he and his family is being threatened........( oh that wonderful trumpian way of doing things) In fact many of them (supporters are horrifically threatening and hostile to him and family via social media........ etc. Like their dear leader who has no problem being a vile socipath.

It is obvious that Cohen's own personality weaknesses allowed him to get caught up in that mafia style Trump world until he was caught....... charged etc.
The fact is the Cohen has a mother load of info about Trump and was being more tactful than he needed to be today. No one is excusing his previous behavior...... but the horrific vindictiveness is just sick. The republicans made asses of themselves today........ even more than usual. When one listened to them attack Cohen........like the verbal savages they were........ it makes a mockery of the Republican party . They did not want information that was available to them via Cohen......they just wanted to ATTACK him......... ie doing their leaders work for him. The Southern ones were the worst. ( like religious zealots )

One can see why Trump had Cohen around so long. He comes across as being fairly easily manipulated. Trump surrounds himself with persons with character flaws as he can use them as he wishes.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Feb 27th, 2019 at 06:52 PM..

Hoid
Same guy said it was too bad some of those bombs sent to democrats didn't go off.

It is getting to the point where someone really should have that looked into

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1

Same guy said it was too bad some of those bombs sent to democrats didn't go off.

The Republicans wouldn't do it...... they are too busy defending, supporting ( as if under a spell) their psychopathic leader.......as if under some evil spell. ( evil because their dear leader uses threats to control those around him , and just about every one he deals with.

Psychopaths have that kind of persona......... they can charm, seduce, manipulate , praise ,ignore the rules and get away with it.....and folks fall for it........They can be very charismatic........ but have hardly any sincerity, believe they are above everyone else and have no remorse for misdeeds........(misdeeds as society defines them.. They have an exaggerated sense of entitlement. People are dispensable. and only useful ......until they are not.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Fox News 'll blame the Democrats.

coldstream
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Honestly, I don't know CS........but all the documents and checks he is producing might serve to back up some of what he says. One thing is for sure, the Reps on the committee are in full-on attack mode.

I'm left wondering what exculpatory or mitigating documents Cohen excluded, Mowich. Since he has vowed to tell the 'whole' truth, and not that which corresponds to his agenda of villainizing Trump, that too would qualify as perjury. Cohen has let it be known he is fishing around for a book deal as well as a reduction of sentense and he is well aware he has to appeal to a certain political or juridical segments to achieve either.

spaminator
kim jong un: I use anti aircraft guns to assassinate people I don't like. perhaps trump would like some?

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Oh, piss off.

I'll tell you something, Hoid. If JLM and I ever got to the point where we were so steamed at each other that it just had to come to a physical confrontation, I'd probably travel to him, we'd meet at a bar, have a beer together, talk some, and if we still just HAD to do it, go out in the parking lot, swap a few punches, then go back inside and get to some serious drinking.

Because for all our differences and disagreements, we're both civilized men.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

Oh, piss off.

Such "civility"

Hoid
People think they are beyond the law

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Here are three investigations Democrats will focus on after hearing Michael Cohen expose Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/her..._notifications

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

"There is no honour around Thebes."
Book of Exodus

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Oh, piss off.
I'll tell you something, Hoid. If JLM and I ever got to the point where we were so steamed at each other that it just had to come to a physical confrontation, I'd probably travel to him, we'd meet at a bar, have a beer together, talk some, and if we still just HAD to do it, go out in the parking lot, swap a few punches, then go back inside and get to some serious drinking.

Now, now. JLM is the forum's pet Pakled.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
‘Loans, personal taxes and hush money’: Trump CFO Weisselberg has a wealth of information the Democrats want

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/loa..._notifications

He is one of the main characters that will be questioned ..

The drama / hearings, states side are getting more captivating all the time......... with the sense that they will corroborate each other ......... but end result?? anyone's guess.

pgs
Free Thinker

Oh, piss off.

Politics make some people forget that .

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2

coldstream
moved..