Shots fired on capitol hill


PoliticalNick
#1
Quote:

SHOTS FIRED ON CAPITOL HILL

A driver with a child in her car was chased from the White House area to Capitol Hill and apparently was shot, an intelligence source said.

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Live: Congress locked down after chase, gunfire - CNN.com
 
petros
#2
Another overreaction that will be "somehow affiliated with al Qaeda".
 
karrie
#3
She hit a cop car and drove off, so they chased her down and shot her (condition unknown apparently? Dead?) with her kid in the car? What?

I really hope there is a lot more to the story than it is currently appearing.
 
petros
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

She hit a cop car and drove off, so they chased her down and shot her to death with her kid in the car? What?

I really hope there is a lot more to the story than it is currently appearing.

No, you pretty much have it. I hope the injured officer recovered from his airbag nosebleed.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

No, you pretty much have it. I hope the injured officer recovered from his airbag nosebleed.

Nosebleeds are nasty. They can damage your clothing too. All that blood.

At least they got one bad driver off the street. She may have next hit a mailbox or something.
 
PoliticalNick
#6
It looks like she refused to comply at some roadblock and drove away so they chased her. Then she hit the cop car so they forced her into a barricade and shot her.

God knows a white middle-aged women with a child in the car was most likely a terrorist and not just trying to drive down a public highway in a 'free' country.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

It looks like she refused to comply at some roadblock and drove away so they chased her. Then she hit the cop car so they forced her into a barricade and shot her.

God knows a white middle-aged women with a child in the car was most likely a terrorist and not just trying to drive down a public highway in a 'free' country.

I liked when cops actually actually had to see a gun or at least a knife or a sharp stick before they could discharge their weapon.
 
PoliticalNick
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I liked when cops actually actually had to see a gun or at least a knife or a sharp stick before they could discharge their weapon.

Well she was driving a foreign car so they assumed she was out to get the president...
 
petros
#9
Given the fact that not so long ago, the United States faced down the threat of imminent nuclear war, you’d think the mainstream media would put the threat posed by a woman ramming some gates near the White House in some kind of perspective.

Instead, the incident prompted a contrived freak out with alarmist rolling news coverage which went from characterizing the incident as a potential terror attack with attendant gun battle to clarifying that it was in fact a mentally disturbed woman with a baby who tried to ram some gates somewhere near the White House. The shots fired were all likely fired by law enforcement.

The woman was killed at the scene, according to reports. The child was unharmed.

“We have no information that this is related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident,” US capitol police chief, Kim Dine later acknowledged.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Well she was driving a foreign car so they assumed she was out to get the president...

Those damn sneaky Japanese! They should scramble the fleet away from Pearl Harbour immediatly.
 
petros
#11
Was it a Mitsubishi? They built the Zero that did in Pearl Harbour.
 
Sal
+2
#12
wow they killed her, thank gawd the kid is okay
 
PoliticalNick
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Was it a Mitsubishi? They built the Zero that did in Pearl Harbour.

I think it was an Infiniti G37 coupe. They are all the rage with terrorists these days.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Given the fact that not so long ago, the United States faced down the threat of imminent nuclear war, you’d think the mainstream media would put the threat posed by a woman ramming some gates near the White House in some kind of perspective.

Instead, the incident prompted a contrived freak out with alarmist rolling news coverage which went from characterizing the incident as a potential terror attack with attendant gun battle to clarifying that it was in fact a mentally disturbed woman with a baby who tried to ram some gates somewhere near the White House. The shots fired were all likely fired by law enforcement.

The woman was killed at the scene, according to reports. The child was unharmed.

“We have no information that this is related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident,” US capitol police chief, Kim Dine later acknowledged.

By 'mentally disturbed' do you mean pissed off her rights and freedoms were being trampled by a govt that would rather shut down than actually do work for the people?
 
petros
+2
#14
Topnotch bullsh*t is produced in DC. How the hell would they have her mental status assessed so quickly?
 
captain morgan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

By 'mentally disturbed' do you mean pissed off her rights and freedoms were being trampled by a govt that would rather shut down than actually do work for the people?


What rights and freedoms is she being denied?
 
SLM
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

By 'mentally disturbed' do you mean pissed off her rights and freedoms were being trampled by a govt that would rather shut down than actually do work for the people?

I would assume that anyone justifiably outraged instead of mentally unhinged would know better than to strap their kid into the car before trying to drive through a barrier.
 
PoliticalNick
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

What rights and freedoms is she being denied?

The right to travel. Freedom of movement. She was on a public road in a public place. What right do they have to deny her freedom of movement and use of a public highway?
 
darkbeaver
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Topnotch bullsh*t is produced in DC. How the hell would they have her mental status assessed so quickly?

It's all in the handbook. If you're shot shopping by a law enforcement officer there was something wrong with you.
 
PoliticalNick
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

I would assume that anyone justifiably outraged instead of mentally unhinged would know better than to strap their kid into the car before trying to drive through a barrier.

She didn't drive through it. She was apparently not happy about the roadblock and then wouldn't get out of her car for them so she turned around and drove away. That prompted them to chase her eventually forcing her to crash and shooting her.
 
darkbeaver
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

I would assume that anyone justifiably outraged instead of mentally unhinged would know better than to strap their kid into the car before trying to drive through a barrier.

But these people are not like you and I, they have no respect for human rights, they use babies in terrorist attacks everyday.

I was disappointed when I read the story, at first I thought halallooja the first shot in the American Revolution has been fired. If the people realize what has happened maybe it will have been from that stupid cops penus xtension.
 
SLM
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

She didn't drive through it. She was apparently not happy about the roadblock and then wouldn't get out of her car for them so she turned around and drove away. That prompted them to chase her eventually forcing her to crash and shooting her.

I'm still seeing on Reuters that she hit the barrier then drove off. I'm assuming it was on purpose simply because most people do stop after having an accident, particularly if police are telling them to stop. I'm not saying she deserved to die, not by a long shot, but whether some mental illness or simply road rage, she led police on a chase AND had her kid in the car.

Bottom line is she gets less sympathy from me for that.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

But these people are not like you and I, they have no respect for human rights, they use babies in terrorist attacks everyday.

Who are 'these' people? Are you trying to imply that I'm making some kind of a statement other than the one I've actually made?
 
Walter
#22
She was probably a member of the Tea Party.
 
petros
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

What rights and freedoms is she being denied?

The one that doesn't allow you to get shot.
 
Sal
+3
#24
it would appear as if she jumped out of her car perhaps she had the presence of mind to protect her child from her own stupidity, the video does not paint her in a good light...

but the media are running with this and there is nothing to run with, now they want to assure people that at no time were the president or other government members in any danger.... what a stupid statement...how stupid do they think we are...wait...let me rephrase that
 
darkbeaver
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

I'm still seeing on Reuters that she hit the barrier then drove off. I'm assuming it was on purpose simply because most people do stop after having an accident, particularly if police are telling them to stop. I'm not saying she deserved to die, not by a long shot, but whether some mental illness or simply road rage, she led police on a chase AND had her kid in the car.

Bottom line is she gets less sympathy from me for that.



Who are 'these' people? Are you trying to imply that I'm making some kind of a statement other than the one I've actually made?

Not at all. Did I forget the smiley? I'm implying nothing other than eventually she will be blamed and the cop will be exonerated. He shot a target in a car , like they practice shooting, she's dead because of hyper conditioned police. It's so common now people are being conditioned to it. These terrorists these conspiracy nuts, these Moslims, these ecofringies, these blacks these
 
Sal
+1
#26
i agree that both Canadian and American cops are gun happy and citizens are dying that should not be gunned down

they are saying the cops acted heroically...pffffffffffffffffffffffft, I guess maybe, but it's a stretch for me
 
captain morgan
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

The right to travel. Freedom of movement. She was on a public road in a public place. What right do they have to deny her freedom of movement and use of a public highway?

They have the right to enforce the laws that protected the rights of everyone on those roads and sidewalks that were being threatened by her high speed driving
 
darkbeaver
#28
Well we will see a lot worse because they've been trained for it, for the last two decades, at least.
 
Goober
#29
Police shoot, kill driver after car chase from White House to Capitol - The Globe and Mail

Driver who set off Washington lockdown was shot and killed by police, Congressman says | National Post

VIDEO: Capitol lockdown: Woman was killed by police, Congressman says | 89.3 KPCC
 
PoliticalNick
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

They have the right to enforce the laws that protected the rights of everyone on those roads and sidewalks that were being threatened by her high speed driving

You are mistaking what I say. They have a duty to maintain order on the road, yes, but what is their reason for placing the roadblock? What is their reason for giving chase because she drove away from it? What is their reason for shooting first and asking questions later after they forced her to crash? All she wanted to do from my view was drive her vehicle down a public road in a free country of which she was a citizen. If her doing this was some major threat to national security or public safety I fail to see how.
 

Similar Threads

2
Fight and shots fired at BET awards
by Locutus | Sep 30th, 2012
0