Will cap-and-trade be Alberta's final nail in the coffin

B00Mer
+1
Will cap-and-trade be Alberta's final nail in the coffin

Our Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau has promised that when elected he would bring in a Carbon Pricing Plan.

What's interesting is citizens think a Carbon Pricing Plan won't affect them very much, the sad reality is, it will hit transportation companies hard.. Trucking companies will have to pay more for diesel, and if the cost of transportation goes up, so does the cost of fresh foods and other items sold in the stores..

Trudeau announces carbon-pricing plan if Liberals win election - The Globe and Mail

Will Alberta be facing another 80's crisis under another Trudeau?

With Alberta Premier Rachel Motley not cutting the oil companies a break pushing for more royalties, cap-and-trade and low oil prices...

Housing market in Fort McMurray area takes hit from depressed oil prices | Calgary Herald

Calgary housing market see biggest annual decline in sales in Canada | Calgary Herald

tay
Cap and Trade was first used to reduce Acid Rain ...........

Cap and Trade Curbed Acid Rain: 7 Reasons Why It Can Do The Same For Climate Change

The new president was George H.W. Bush, and the grave and growing threat was acid rain. Five months after uttering those words, the Bush administration sent Congress a bill that amended the Clean Air Act (CAA). Included was the architecture for the world’s first large-scale application of cap and trade to control pollution, an allowance-trading system for sulfur dioxide (SO2), the major contributor to acid rain. Bush signed the bill into law in November 1990.

Forbes Welcome

mentalfloss
You're thinking of the NDP.

Trudeau is actually wimping out when it comes to carbon pricing.

He's only enforcing that each province have their own plan and Alberta already has one.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

You're thinking of the NDP.

Trudeau is actually wimping out when it comes to carbon pricing.

He's only enforcing that each province have their own plan and Alberta already has one.

Notley signals rift with federal NDP on cap-and-trade plan - The Globe and Mail

Cap and trade an opportunity for Alberta - The Globe and Mail

I'm sorry Mentalfloss but I can't find one source that says Alberta has cap and trade, actually just the opposite.

Can you provide a link that shows Alberta has cap-and-trade like you have claimed?

Cap-and-Trade was one of Justin Trudeau's promises, and you say he's wimping out on this, what else will he be wimping out on, the $2500 tax incentive to each middle class family, bringing the retirement age back to 65?

Danbones
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
climate change is not man made, it has been going on for several billion years
carbon taxes are just another name for the poor get poorer
for nothing

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I'm sorry Mentalfloss but I can't find one source that says Alberta has cap and trade, actually just the opposite.

Can you provide a link that shows Alberta has cap-and-trade like you have claimed?

Cap-and-Trade was one of Justin Trudeau's promises, and you say he's wimping out on this, what else will he be wimping out on, the $2500 tax incentive to each middle class family, bringing the retirement age back to 65?

I am pretty sure marijuana legalization will be on the back burner , but I was wrong once before .

petros
+1
Tuesday morning after gassing up in Chestermere, the sun still rose as I headed east on Hwy 1 and it was a beautiful sunrise at that.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I am pretty sure marijuana legalization will be on the back burner , but I was wrong once before .

It's going to take years.

mentalfloss

The Liberals are letting each province choose whatever method they want to price carbon.

That's why BC and Alberta already have a carbon tax and Ontario and Quebec will have cap and trade.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Cap and Trade was first used to reduce Acid Rain ...........

Cap and Trade Curbed Acid Rain: 7 Reasons Why It Can Do The Same For Climate Change

The new president was George H.W. Bush, and the grave and growing threat was acid rain. Five months after uttering those words, the Bush administration sent Congress a bill that amended the Clean Air Act (CAA). Included was the architecture for the world’s first large-scale application of cap and trade to control pollution, an allowance-trading system for sulfur dioxide (SO2), the major contributor to acid rain. Bush signed the bill into law in November 1990.

Forbes Welcome

SO2 reductions are partly why we saw temperatures temporarily rise abruptly.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

The Liberals are letting each province choose whatever method they want to price carbon.

That's why BC and Alberta already have a carbon tax and Ontario and Quebec will have cap and trade.

And SK will sequester it and use it as a high dollar commodity as a solvent putting money in residents pockets rather than empty them.

mentalfloss
Yea, as long as they meet the federal targets Trudeau sets, they can use whatever method they want.

It's so nice to see you come around on climate change petros.

I knew you had it in you.

petros
+1
Alberta will follow the SK lead as usual and sequester for EOR purposes to make money and shut up the moonbats.

mentalfloss
Alberta already has a carbon tax.

petros
Do you know what CO2 EOR is? Why wouldn't they follow the SK lead like they did with heavy oil.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...W_Vy3WbYsRtVhw

mentalfloss
They can do whatever they want as long as they meet targets.

petros
+1
EOR reduces targets how?

Say this over and over and over to yourself until you believe it:"Evil Corp and Bank of Evil control everything except the CO2 scam."Evil Corp and Bank of Evil control everything except the CO2 scam."Evil Corp and Bank of Evil control everything except the CO2 scam."Evil Corp and Bank of Evil control everything except the CO2 scam."Evil Corp and Bank of Evil control everything except the CO2 scam."

B00Mer
Canada should nationalize oil industry: professor | CTV News

Should Justin Trudeau nationalize the Canadian oil industry?

Curious Cdn
+1
I would image that the Liberals will go easy on the oil industry in the end because they will need the tax revenues to pay for all of the new goodies.

Dixie Cup

Alberta doesn't have a cap and trade but has had a price on carbon for years - likely the first province to have one.

Dixie

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Alberta doesn't have a cap and trade but has had a price on carbon for years - likely the first province to have one.

Dixie

Yes but would a Federal Cap-and-Trade be more punitive on the Province?

Rachel Motley was not to keen about the NDP's Federal Cap-and-Trade.

Notley signals rift with federal NDP on cap-and-trade plan