Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration


petros
+2
#1
What the f-ck is it and why is Trudeau signing it without your approval?

The global compact for migration is the first, intergovernmentally negotiated agreement, prepared under the auspices of the United Nations, to cover all dimensions of international migration in a holistic and comprehensive manner.

Today, there are over 258 million migrants around the world living outside their country of birth. This figure is expected to grow for a number of reasons including population growth, increasing connectivity, trade, rising inequality, demographic imbalances and climate change. Migration provides immense opportunity and benefits – for the migrants, host communities and communities of origin. However, when poorly regulated it can create significant challenges. These challenges include overwhelming social infrastructures with the unexpected arrival of large numbers of people and the deaths of migrants undertaking dangerous journeys.

In September 2016 the General Assembly decided, through the adoption of the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants, to develop a global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration.

The process to develop this global compact started in April 2017. The pages in this section detail 18 months of consultation and negotiation, and provide the relevant documentation for each of the events.

On 13 July 2018 UN Member States finalized the text for the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration (Text available in all official languages).

The Intergovernmental Conference to Adopt the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration will be held on 10 – 11 December in Marrakech, Morocco.

Global Compact
The Global Compact for Migration is the first-ever UN global agreement on a common approach to international migration in all its dimensions. The global compact is non-legally binding. It is grounded in values of state sovereignty, responsibility-sharing, non-discrimination, and human rights, and recognizes that a cooperative approach is needed to optimize the overall benefits of migration, while addressing its risks and challenges for individuals and communities in countries of origin, transit and destination.

The global compact comprises 23 objectives for better managing migration at local, national, regional and global levels. The compact:

aims to mitigate the adverse drivers and structural factors that hinder people from building and maintaining sustainable livelihoods in their countries of origin;
intends to reduce the risks and vulnerabilities migrants face at different stages of migration by respecting, protecting and fulfilling their human rights and providing them with care and assistance;
seeks to address the legitimate concerns of states and communities, while recognizing that societies are undergoing demographic, economic, social and environmental changes at different scales that may have implications for and result from migration;
strives to create conducive conditions that enable all migrants to enrich our societies through their human, economic and social capacities, and thus facilitate their contributions to sustainable development at the local, national, regional and global levels.
The list of the 23 objectives can be found in paragraph 16 of the Global Compact for Migration.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Dixie Cup
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
It's absolutely unbelievable to me that a government (of ANY country) would give up a part of their sovereignty to a corrupt organization as the UN. Trudeau really must want to be involved with the UN in some capacity when he's no longer PM - the selfish little tweeb!!


JMHO
 
petros
+3
#3
I'm glad Canadians were asked if they wanted this.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#4
How much will this cost us in Dollars as well? I imagine that price tag wont be low. How can a deal of this magnitude be signed without a vote in Parliament?
 
petros
+1
#5
Currently illegal migrants are costing us $34,000 a pop.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#6
This new program will have a higher price tag due to international handling and commitments, including better conditions in 3rd world countries to mitigate migrants at the source. I imagine it will be in conjunction with the Paris agreement to by Carbon credits from these same countries to encourage them to build power facilities to better their lives. In other words line the corrupt leaders pockets
 
DaSleeper
+4
#7
Agenda 21


And of course.....Globalists approve....
 
Decapoda
+6
#8
It's curious that the media in this country hasn't hardly said a word about this. I wonder why? Maybe they're already feeling an obligation to adhere to Objective 17, Part 33 c)...

"To promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internet based information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media.


This entire document is a clear threat to the sovereignty and established immigration policies of any country who foolishly and carelessly signs it. I have no doubt that our imbecilic PM is breathlessly counting down the hours until he gets to commit this country to such a travesty of a pact.
 
Jinentonix
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'm glad Canadians were asked if they wanted this.

Yep, just like Heath asked the Brits if they wanted to be part of the EEC. (They didn't but Heath didn't give a shit). Even if we were allowed a referendum and the vote was overwhelmingly 'no', Trudeau would still sign the compact so it really wouldn't make any difference anyway.
 
Jinentonix
+3
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

It's curious that the media in this country hasn't hardly said a word about this. I wonder why? Maybe they're already feeling an obligation to adhere to Objective 17, Part 33 c)...
"To promote independent, objective and quality reporting of media outlets, including internet based information, including by sensitizing and educating media professionals on migration-related issues and terminology, investing in ethical reporting standards and advertising, and stopping allocation of public funding or material support to media outlets that systematically promote intolerance, xenophobia, racism and other forms of discrimination towards migrants, in full respect for the freedom of the media.
This entire document is a clear threat to the sovereignty and established immigration policies of any country who foolishly and carelessly signs it. I have no doubt that our imbecilic PM is breathlessly counting down the hours until he gets to commit this country to such a travesty of a pact.

Somebody should educate Groper and the assholes at the UN about unlimited immigration to welfare states. Unlimited immigration to welfare states harms both the migrant and the host country.
 
MHz
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

It's curious that the media in this country hasn't hardly said a word about this. I wonder why?

Most are males who were fighting against Syria and now that is a bust they need a safe place far away from there as they would be hung as traitors or hung as war criminals. Operation Paperclip was the same kind of deal and try to find some articles from the day that cover that at all.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRyv5VzmjA
Could a new approach to First Nations housing be a game-changer?

Promises mean shit, if there isn't a updated place to show in the vid there never will be on. that is how chronic liars operate.
 
MHz
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Somebody should educate Groper and the assholes at the UN about unlimited immigration to welfare states. Unlimited immigration to welfare states harms both the migrant and the host country.

The UN makes money off refugees, stopping that would be taking a cut in pay. Never going to fuking happen.

They are destined to have authority over all nations that don't buck the IMF successfully.
 
Hoid
#13
Wonders what it is - cut and pastes long article. Describing what it is.
 
MHz
#14
I am so thankful it has me on ignore, lol
 
petros
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

It's curious that the media in this country hasn't hardly said a word about this. I wonder why?

Trudeau's $565,000,000 media slush fund.

That's why.
 
MHz
#16
What's your share??
 
Danbones
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

It's absolutely unbelievable to me that a government (of ANY country) would give up a part of their sovereignty to a corrupt organization as the UN. Trudeau really must want to be involved with the UN in some capacity when he's no longer PM - the selfish little tweeb!!
JMHO

His farter failed to get to be the boss at the UN. LOL, what do think is on UNtrudies real agenda too?
 
Dixie Cup
+3
#18
What's really scary is that it dictates that migrants get first dibs at everything; healthcare, housing, "social justice" (i.e. hurt feelings must be acted upon so more "safe spaces"??) I'm being facetious but maybe not so much. Seems migrants will be given more than actual citizens.


Someone told me the other day that in parts of the UK people who were renting were being thrown out of their homes for immigrants thus ending up on the street.


Blackleaf - have you heard of this or is this simply "fake" news? I can't believe that this is true.
 
Blackleaf
#19
You wouldn't be surprised to know that May is signing it.

Countries that aren't signing it include the USA, Poland and Belgium.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

What's really scary is that it dictates that migrants get first dibs at everything; healthcare, housing, "social justice" (i.e. hurt feelings must be acted upon so more "safe spaces"??) I'm being facetious but maybe not so much. Seems migrants will be given more than actual citizens.
Someone told me the other day that in parts of the UK people who were renting were being thrown out of their homes for immigrants thus ending up on the street.
Blackleaf - have you heard of this or is this simply "fake" news? I can't believe that this is true.

I don't know if it's been happening in Britain but it's been happening in Germany and Spain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-refugees.html

http://www.euronews.com/2018/06/20/s...arius-migrants
 
Hoid
#21
This would seem to be an agreement that was sorely needed.

The migration of people from one place to another has happened throughout history and international agreements would seem to be a logical thing.
 
Dixie Cup
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I don't know if it's been happening in Britain but it's been happening in Germany and Spain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-refugees.html

http://www.euronews.com/2018/06/20/s...arius-migrants



After speaking to my German g/f she said it was, in fact, happening in Germany. I was appalled!!
 
Danbones
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I was appalled!!

Um...you may have spelt "...to find I was just a little further down the list of peoples targeted for extinction" wrong...

just sayin'...might be a stuck key.
 
Danbones
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This would seem to be an agreement that was sorely needed.
The migration of people from one place to another has happened throughout history and international agreements would seem to be a logical thing.



I know they like to kiss you hello on each cheek in Europe.
 
Hoid
#25
once again your idiotic way of expressing your feeling leaves one to wonder what the **** you even mean.
 
MHz
#26
'Opinions' and 'feelings' are two very different animals, one you can control, the other controls you. Need I explain that any further.

How does this post make you feel??
 
DaSleeper
#27
your brothers in Paris ......the yellow vests seen from the back....fool?
 
MHz
#28
Unlike you they still have their pants on. Do you go 'choo, choo' during their climax.
 
Dixie Cup
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Um...you may have spelt "...to find I was just a little further down the list of peoples targeted for extinction" wrong...

just sayin'...might be a stuck key.



Huh? what are you talking about. I never said any such thing or perhaps you are confusing me with someone else?
 
Dixie Cup
+2
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This would seem to be an agreement that was sorely needed.

The migration of people from one place to another has happened throughout history and international agreements would seem to be a logical thing.



Hoid - have you read it? I have read several parts of it and it is quite disturbing. Very obscure in it's statements which could (and likely means anything the UN might determine it to be). It's a really bad document; enlighten yourself - google it.


Fortunately, like the climate change idiocy its non-binding which is the only good thing about it.


JMHO