Scott Moe is Saskatchewan's New Premier.


petros
+5
#1
We voted for Koch after hard deliberation with Moe as second choice over Tina Beaudry Mellor.

Those three are hardcore anti-carbon tax. With the lowest debt and back in black come spring we don't need to be scammed like BC AB or Ontario.

Cheveldayoff is an over the top Born Yesterday Christian and that is something we don't need after two Evangelicals New Dipshits (Douglas and Calvert) f-cked everything up.

Scott Moe will be Saskatchewan's 15th premier after winning a leadership race that was too close to call until the very end

Moe will replace Brad Wall, who led the province for 10 years.

More than 17,000 Saskatchewan Party members, some of whom joined specifically to choose the new premier, voted Moe the new premier-designate with 53.7% of the vote at a leadership convention in Saskatoon on Saturday.

It took five rounds of voting for Moe to be declared leader, knocking out former deputy minister Alanna Koch by 1,161 votes.

In his victory speech and speaking to reporters afterwards, Moe underlined his vision of balancing the books in three years, growing the province's population through export and trade, and supporting entrepreneurs.
 
Murphy
Conservative
+2
#2
Congrats to Scott Moe. I trust that you are satisfied with the selection.

I haven't spent much time in Sask. Primarily in Regina/Moose Jaw and Pierceland. Driving there from Cold Lake.
 
Fiasco
+1
#3
Congrats Scott Moe in Saskatchewan new leadership.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#4
They ain't gonna have Brad Wall, no moe.
 
Walter
+6 / -1
#5  Top Rated Post
Wall was the best premier in Canada.
 
Blackleaf
#6
Is he related to Fly Moe?
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They ain't gonna have Brad Wall, no moe.


. Sad isn’t it..

Guess he’s going to go Federal now?

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Wall was the best premier in Canada.

No f*ck way.. Ralph Klein was ..
 
Blackleaf
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

. Sad isn’t it..

Guess he’s going to go Federal now?



No f*ck way.. Ralph Klein was ..

Is he related to Calvin?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Is he related to Calvin?

Well, he's working on a worm farm, now but in his prime, he was a close friend of Johnny Walker and Jack Daniels.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#10
So. . . is he?
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

No f*ck way.. Ralph Klein was ..

No doubt about it... Klein was the first Provincial (or Federal) leader that didn't act like a politician and sued common sense to run the province

We could sure use him today
 
petros
+4
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

No doubt about it... Klein was the first Provincial (or Federal) leader that didn't act like a politician and sued common sense to run the province

We could sure use him today

If Tommy the Commie Douglas didn't piss off Imperial Oil and Shell by trying to make oil and gas Crown Corps they would have stayed here instead of moving to Alberta and Saskatchewan would have remained 3rd most populated Province.

Tommy Douglas was the best thing to happen to Alberta.

For 40 years I watched Saskatchewan bleed people and was one who left too.

The past 10 years have been stellar under Wall.

50 f-cking years to shake off the damage Douglas created and the reputation of high risk investment.

Pissing off the Rockefellers cost Saskatchewan and Canada dearly.
Last edited by petros; Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:38 AM..
 
petros
+1
#13
There is a new source of funding Alberta social needs.

Carbon taxes
Last edited by petros; Jan 28th, 2018 at 10:59 AM..
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+4
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If Tommy the Commie Douglas didn't piss off Imperial Oil and Shell by trying to make oil and gas Crown Corps they would have stayed here instead of moving to Alberta and Saskatchewan would have remained 3rd most populated Province.

Tommy Douglas was the best thing to happen to Alberta.

For 40 years I watched Saskatchewan bleed people and was one who left too.

The past 10 years have been stellar under Wall.

50 f-cking years to shake off the damage Douglas created and the reputation of high risk investment.

Pissing off the Rockefellers cost Saskatchewan and Canada dearly.

AB will take some time to shake-off Notley and Redford

Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I have no issue with carbon tax, just not as a new form of revenue.

It's a de facto sales tax avro, nothing more
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

No f*ck way.. Ralph Klein was ..

Ralph was OK but a few too many liberal ideas. I was never a fan of his desire to centralize power. He also carries much of the burden for Alberta's infrastructure deficit.
 
petros
+4
#16
The NDP in SK sat on $30B for 30 years instead of investing it as everything decayed.

Conservatives blew the wad on starting the heavy oil game in Canada by building the first upgrader and CO2 EOR in the Western Hemisphere but the New Dipshits got back in and stopped investing in resources and let everything decay and slide backwards yet again.

Wall went and sought forgiveness from Rockefeller and the NY banking giants and it paid off.
 
petros
+2
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

AB will take some time to shake-off Notley and Redford



It's a de facto sales tax avro, nothing more

If you want to kill a Province, elect an NDP Govt.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#18
Saskatistan is dead?

RIP Saskatistan
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

if you want to kill a province, elect an ndp govt.

ontario take note!!
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#20
Yeah, A butt kissing government shouldn't have the butts come back later to complain they stopped kissing them, and get them unelected at least.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I have no issue with carbon tax, just not as a new form of revenue.

It would be OK possibly if it applied to everyone. As it stands it is a tax on the middle class non natives.
 
petros
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

Not sure what that has to with the squandering of the heritage fund.

Alberta and Saskatchewan both had big funds. $11 a bbl in the 90s didn't drain ours because all the big players bailed out and there was very few new sweet crude wells.

That's when we went into heavy oil because Imperial and Shell own the sweet plays but the massive heavy plays were up for grabs.
 
Walter
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Wall was the best premier in Canada.

Who is the best current premier, it was Wall till yesterday.?
 
petros
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

It would be OK possibly if it applied to everyone. As it stands it is a tax on the middle class non natives.

Name one CO2 reducing project in BC funded by carbon taxes.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+5
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If you want to kill a Province, elect an NDP Govt.

They sure ****ked up BC last time and are on track to destroy our economy and credit rating again. I could never understand why people would deliberately vote to destroy their own province.
 
petros
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

Still dosen't explain what happened to the heritage fund.

I did explain were SK's went. Alberta blew theirs on infrastructure and social needs $11bbl couldn't cover.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Name one CO2 reducing project in BC funded by carbon taxes.

Excessive gas prices are prohibiting people from driving.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

Bob Rae was a Liberal.

Our local MPP is another changeling who ran for the NDP a few times then figured out that his only chance to win was to switch to the Liberals.

Kevin Flynn MPP Oakville

They spent a billion dollars saving his sorry ass, last election and the voters here bought the malarkey (shame on them!).
 
petros
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Saskatistan is dead?

RIP Saskatistan

F-ck off Sixpackistani loser.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

So what did Norway do differently?

Well, one of the things they did really well was to have a smaller nation with far fewer people.