5 dead in California shooting


Hoid
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
Another crazy white man with a gun.

This guy had a beef with his neighbor so ended up a a local grammar school firing his AR15 through the windows. God was kind and somehow he was unable to get into the school.

He was already on parole for a stabbing and had spent much of the week firing hundreds of rounds on his property and threatening people. Had a violent past.

You would be hard pressed to invent a worse candidate for gun ownership

Also props to the police for handling him.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/kevin...chool-shooter/
Last edited by Hoid; Nov 14th, 2017 at 10:03 PM..
 
Hoof Hearted
+1
#2
I think on some level, because of technology, the pace of life we lead these days is causing more stress and mental illness in society at large.

Add guns to the mix and I really don't see these types of events going away anytime soon.
 
Hoid
#3
I believe it spreads like a disease. It is infecting more and more people.

Similar to the suicide epidemics up north.
 
Cannuck
#4
Read "Future Shock" and "The Third Wave" by Alvin Toffler.
 
Curious Cdn
-1
#5
Tuesday is officially the "shoot the helpless children day" on the weekly "new normal" calendar.
 
Hoid
#6
Future Shock is a blast from the past. THat was a big book when it came out.
 
Cannuck
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Future Shock is a blast from the past. THat was a big book when it came out.

It's amazing how much of it came true. "The Third Wave" suggests that we are moving out of the industrial era (second wave) and many of our social structures, that were created to serve industrial era society are being dismantled or abandoned because they no longer suit or serve us.

What most people see as right/left or libertarian/authoritarian arguments are actually industrial wave views (second wave) against third wave views.

Toffler suggested the US Civil War was actually a fight between a dying first wave (agricultural society) and an emerging industrial wave/society.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post


Also props to the police for handling him.

Yeah, but if there were an NRA member around he could have saved the day.
 
Curious Cdn
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Yeah, but if there were an NRA member around he could have saved the day.

It's those snowflake socialist teachers. Why aren't they packing? When I was a kid, all that teachers had as a weapon was the chalk in their hands. We didn't know about FREEDOM ... real constitutional freedom.
 
Hoid
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Yeah, but if there were an NRA member around he could have saved the day.

you can bet your as there was one NRA member there.
 
B00Mer
#11
Jesus another shooting.. "The shooter was shot and killed by police." Good! Hope it was a slow and painful death.

As for his victims, may they rest in peace and my condolences to their family and friends.
 
Hoid
+1
#12
This is the 257th school shooting since 2013.

It is a contagious decease that we are watching become an epidemic.
 
Curious Cdn
#13
There was another one today except that the gunman didn't quite make it into the school and not for want of trying.

MAGA
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Yeah, but if there were an NRA member around he could have saved the day.

Not in CA. There's lots of ins and outs, but bottom line is carrying a loaded gun is effectively illegal.
 
DaSleeper
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not in CA. There's lots of ins and outs, but bottom line is carrying a loaded gun is effectively illegal.

Don't try to fill the void ,<sp>with common sense
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This is the 257th school shooting since 2013.

It is a contagious decease that we are watching become an epidemic.

275 cases in four years in a population of 325,000,000 ain't an epidemic.
 
Jinentonix
-1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It's those snowflake socialist teachers. Why aren't they packing? When I was a kid, all that teachers had as a weapon was the chalk in their hands. We didn't know about FREEDOM ... real constitutional freedom.

Really? When I was in high school our history teacher brought a Lee Enfield to school. Something that NO teacher would get away with today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Really? When I was in high school our history teacher brought a Lee Enfield to school. Something that NO teacher would get away with today.

Holy f*ck Walter, who pissed in your Rice Krispies this morning? Care to elucidate as to why you have a such a problem with what I posted?
 
DaSleeper
#18
When I was in High school we had an indoor range for .22 cal. rifles right besides the gymnasium for the army cadets!
 
Hoid
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

275 cases in four years in a population of 325,000,000 ain't an epidemic.

Its perfectly normal.

Canada has probably had 28 school shootings in the same time frame - or at least we can choose to believe that if it makes us feel better.
 
Alternative
#20
A white killer is typical in educating deads.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Its perfectly normal.

It's an uptick, but by what definition of "epidemic" does 275 cases in four years in a population of 325,000,000 qualify?

Quote:

Canada has probably had 28 school shootings in the same time frame - or at least we can choose to believe that if it makes us feel better.

So, proportional to population, Canada also has an epidemic. Better call Health Canada and get 'em on that.
 
Hoid
#22
When you were born did the doctor slap your mother?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

When you were born did the doctor slap your mother?

Probably. And she probably deserved it. Mom wasn't the nicest person in Oklahoma.
 
Hoid
#24
Has there been a school shooting in Canada in that time frame?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Has there been a school shooting in Canada in that time frame?

Yep. More'n one.
 
mentalfloss
#26
Funny how conbots will remain silent and won't question a utilitarian argument (on the face of it) about violence when the perpetrator is a white guy with a gun but when it's an Islamic extremist, then borders must be shut and all of their ilk must be ejected from the country, regardless of proportionality.
 
DaSleeper
#27
Apologist.....
 
Hoid
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yep. More'n one.

So thats 28 then?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

So thats 28 then?

You're the one said 28. Sorry for agreeing with you. Won't happen again I promise.

You want the actual number? Google it. That's what I did.
 

Similar Threads

37
7 dead in California drive-by shootings
by Locutus | May 26th, 2014