In his Christmas letter Trudeau portrays Muslims as victims of hate crimes

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

The Toronto Star published on Saturday, December 26, on its front page a letter to Canadian penned by the Prime Minister Minister Justin Trudeau on the occasion of Christmas.
The main message in Trudeau’s letter is dealing with importance of opening the heart to the needy (Syrian refugees, unprivileged etc.), being kind and generous to your neighbour and fellow Canadians and supporting the middle class.

Trudeau emphasized this message by also mentioning threat to the Canadian values by hate speech and acts of violence directed at faith-based communities.
“I know that there have been times in the past year that have challenged our basic belief in ourselves as kind, compassionate, accepting people. We’ve seen mosques vandalized and individuals threatened because of their religious beliefs,” Trudeau wrote in his Christmas letter.

In the aforementioned paragraph dealing with events during the past year that “challenged our basic belief in ourselves as kind, compassionate, accepting people,” Trudeau did not mention any other attacks aimed at places of worship of other religions, ignored the threat of terrorism in Canada posed by home-grown Canadians as well as the many cases of blatant hate speech in Canada, including the justification of violence against women and killing civilians in terrorist attacks.

This message goes in line with Trudeau’s official policy. Answering the question “will you stand up to Donald Trump (American Presidential candidate) and condemn his hateful rhetoric?” during the Maclean’s Town Hall (December 16), Justin Trudeau emphasized its strong belief in cultural and religious diversity as a source of strength and argued that Muslims should be blamed of terrorist acts committed by ISIS and other groups because they are the greatest victims of terrorism.
The following is the transcript of Trudeau’s answer (36:41-40:34):

“First of all, I thinks it’s extremely important that someone in my position doesn’t engage in the electoral process of another country. So, I’m certainly going to be very cautious about engaging in this particular topic just because I think it’s going to be important for Canadians, for Canadian jobs, for Canadian prosperity to be able to have a positive relationship with whoever Americans chose as the President.

“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division, the politics of fear, the politics of intolerance or hateful rhetoric.
“I stood clearly against that in charte de valeurs [Quebec Charter of Values] divisive issues put forward by the former Premier of Quebec.

“I took a very strong stand against the previous governments playing dangerous games with veils and citizenship issues.

“I think Canada and indeed any modern society does best when we understand that diversity is a source of strength not a source of weakness, that the elements on which we are similar are always far greater than the elements which we are diverse, and if we allow politicians to succeed by scaring people, we don’t actually ending up any safer.

“Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker. And at this time when there is a reason to be concern for security around the world and here at home we need to remain focused on keeping our communities safe and keeping our communities united instead of trying to build walls and scapegoat communities.

“[I’m] talking directly about the Muslim community. They are predominantly the greatest victims of terrorist acts around the world at the present time. And painting ISIS and others with a broad brush that extends to all Muslims is not just ignorant, it is irresponsible.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxFEGLkpub4#t=82

source: http://en.cijnews.com/?p=17677

coldstream
+1 / -1
Quote:

Justin Trudeau emphasized its strong belief in cultural and religious diversity as a source of strength and argued that Muslims should be blamed of terrorist acts committed by ISIS and other groups because they are the greatest victims of terrorism.

The mantra of someone without and centre.. and without a plan. I think this gooey multicultural jelly is going to start to spoil quite quickly.

Walter
+1 / -1
Turdoh is stoopid.

FiveParadox
Liberal
+3
Alternative post title: "Justin Trudeau says things that are true, unsurprising, and common sense."

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox View Post

Alternative post title: "Justin Trudeau says things that are true, unsurprising, and common sense."

That should be posted in the jokes forum.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division,

I wonder if that means he is against tax dollars going to indian reserves while they pay no taxes?

FiveParadox
Liberal
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

“However, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I stand firmly against the politics of division,

I wonder if that means he is against tax dollars going to indian reserves while they pay no taxes?

I am wondering if you are unfamiliar with the term "politics of division."

Also, a good read: First Nations pay more tax than you think (Source: CBC News )

And I think Mr. Trudeau's position on renewing Canada's nation-to-nation relationship with First Nations is fairly clear.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Is it five years yet?

FiveParadox
Liberal
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Is it five years yet?

Don't get ahead of yourself; that five is renewable, y'know.

petros
+2
Quote:

Fear doesn’t make us safer. It makes us weaker.

Fear? Is fear why I want to cut these f-ckers off at the knees, dig a big hole and push their useless carcasses in an a scale that would require a fleet of D9s?

That isn't fear. It is my duty as a human being.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox View Post

Don't get ahead of yourself; that five is renewable, y'know.

Renewable, the death knell of the Ontario piggy bank.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
I'd venture to say that Mosque in Peterborough was a hate crime and the people who attended were victims - just one.

Don'cha wish the world was all black and white - just for the convenience of the brainless?

MHz
Just their bad luck that the quiet spot they thought they had chosen sat on top of a big treasure chest instead.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

source: In his Christmas letter Trudeau portrays Muslims as victims of hate crimes – CIJNews English

\

Do you play soccer Boomer?

Your headline exaggerates the Star article just a tad as in the fellow below........

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

The mantra of someone without and centre.. and without a plan. I think this gooey multicultural jelly is going to start to spoil quite quickly.

Sucks to be on the wrong team, doesn't it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Turdoh is stoopid.

Looking in the mirror again, I see.

That should be posted in the jokes forum.

As should the majority of your posts.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Sharing a brain cell with walter, I see.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Fear? Is fear why I want to cut these f-ckers off at the knees, dig a big hole and push their useless carcasses in an a scale that would require a fleet of D9s?

That isn't fear. It is my duty as a human being.

Oh ya, you're scared ****less.

coldstream
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Sucks to be on the wrong team, doesn't it.

give it some time. You know you're on the right team when principles matter more than winning.

gerryh

give it some time. You know you're on the right team when principles matter more than winning.

You have no principles, moral or otherwise. You have made that quite clear over the years.

coldstream
+1

You have no principles, moral or otherwise.

Spoken like a true blue Liberal.. who all know principles and morals are determined by the polls.

Trudeau is a classic one term PM. His caucus will be directionless and in a uproar within a year.. racked by petty ideological bickering.. and political gamesmanship.. which Justin will not have the leadership or vision to control.
Last edited by coldstream; Dec 26th, 2015 at 07:11 PM..

gerryh
+2

Justin is a classic one term PM. His caucus will be directionless and in a uproar within a year.. racked by petty ideological bickering.. and political ambition.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... and when he was first elected as a MP I predicted he would become leader of the Libs.... people like you laughed. When he became leader, I predicted he would become the next PM, people like you scoffed at the idea. Now that he is PM, I stand by what I said during the election, He will be PM for at least 2 terms.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1

Spoken like a true blue Liberal..

Stop changing the colours. It's bad enough rainbows and directions are taboo for political reasons. Get it right. Blue is Tory....

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1

As should the majority of your posts.

Yeah, I get it... you're a lonely old man, now sulking around the Internet handing out reds..

Trudeau is an idiot.. and anyone who voted for him, is a traitor to Canada.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...... and when he was first elected as a MP I predicted he would become leader of the Libs.... people like you laughed. When he became leader, I predicted he would become the next PM, people like you scoffed at the idea. Now that he is PM, I stand by what I said during the election, He will be PM for at least 2 terms.

He's going to have to make big changes to his procedure. He's an idealist and it doesn't work too well with masses.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Jihadi Justin wants to turn Canada into Syria.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2

Jihadi Justin wants to turn Canada into Syria.

You should really see a shrink about your paranoia

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

You should really see a shrink about your paranoia

Yes, when Liberals can't defend as statement, they try to attack the person making the statement...

Typical Liberal Logic, calling everyone they don't agree with Racist, Red necks, Stupid, or whatever.

darkbeaver
Republican

Yes, when Liberals can't defend as statement, they try to attack the person making the statement...

Typical Liberal Logic, calling everyone they don't agree with Racist, Red necks, Stupid, or whatever.

WTF do you know about logic?

davesmom
+3
"The main message in Trudeau’s letter is dealing with importance of opening the heart to the needy (Syrian refugees, unprivileged etc.), being kind and generous to your neighbour and fellow Canadians and supporting the middle class."

I hope Trudeau is thinking about being generous to our own 'needy' who are sleeping under bridges without nice new winter coats like he presented to the refugees.
And I hope he remembers to care about the middle-class when he can no longer pay the interest on the gigantic deficit and has to wring us for more taxes!
He's a f***ing mealy-mouthed hypocritical daydreamer! I doubt if even a bomb up his A$$ would wake him up to what the real world is like!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
...and look who's labeling me a liberal....

I don't have to TRY to attack you, Boom ... I can do that just by being here. Paranoia will do that. Get help or stay off my highways....

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
I don't know where you goin with the logic angle but you are you and it will be entertaining, thankyou Boomer.

Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

"The main message in Trudeau’s letter is dealing with importance of opening the heart to the needy (Syrian refugees, unprivileged etc.), being kind and generous to your neighbour and fellow Canadians and supporting the middle class."

I hope Trudeau is thinking about being generous to our own 'needy' who are sleeping under bridges without nice new winter coats like he presented to the refugees.
And I hope he remembers to care about the middle-class when he can no longer pay the interest on the gigantic deficit and has to wring us for more taxes!
He's a f***ing mealy-mouthed hypocritical daydreamer! I doubt if even a bomb up his A$$ would wake him up to what the real world is like!

Calm down Mom. What middle class? You upper Canadians

I don't have to TRY to attack you, Boom ... I can do that just by being here. Paranoia will do that. Get help or stay off my highways....

You are more or less in my same age bracket, possible a decade older and wiser. I hope Boomer lives and prospers you too.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

I'm not Paranoid... I just extremly hate Trudeau and when he fails which he will, I'll take great pleasure in gloating about his misfortune and those who voted for the fluff and I will reiterate my past statement; anyone who voted for Trudeau, is a traitor to Canada.