Canada Failing to Put Climate Change Plans in Action


JLM
No Party Affiliation
#811
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Most Canadians won’t change behaviour to fight climate change, poll says


http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...poll-says.html




Time for the eco-facists to gnash their teeth!


When you get right down to it... nobody really cares. When you get right down to it... nobody is really worried. When you get right down to it... nobody is willing to sacrifice anything.


*snicker*


Before you can fight anything you have to do two things. 1. Identify the enemy and 2. Figure out a procedure that will get the best results.
 
spilledthebeer
#812
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Most Canadians won’t change behaviour to fight climate change, poll says


http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...poll-says.html




Time for the eco-facists to gnash their teeth!


When you get right down to it... nobody really cares. When you get right down to it... nobody is really worried. When you get right down to it... nobody is willing to sacrifice anything.


*snicker*


================================================== ================================================== ==


Actually I think you are wrong about that- I think a lot of people do care about the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The problem is that there is NO GOOD REASON to destroy your own life just to shrink your personal carbon foot print!!!!!!!!!!!


Shrinking your carbon foot print while others- like our GREEDY civil service union Hogs EXPAND their carbon foot print using gravy


supplied to them by shameless vote buying LIE-berals - whose carbon crap and trade scam only cleans cash from wallets and leaves



the dirt in the air- means your personal sacrifice is POINTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-berals consistently HIDE what life would be like in a carbon free world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And LIE-berals expressly REFUSE to discuss the ugly reality - that they plan to KEEP THEIR CARBON FOOTPRINT AS IS - for fun



and profit- while they devastate our lives for political points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals CANNOT EXPLAIN why it is bad for you to drive to work in your car- while civil servants drive to work just like the rest of us....................


and then the Hogs hop in their cars and spend weekends and holidays at their second homes in the scenic Cdn countryside- bombing around on their gas guzzling sea-doos and atv`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-berals cannot explain why I should be charged a crippling carbon tax to heat my home - while LIE-berals give the revenue from



that carbon tax- that I PAID - to their pals - so they can create a HUGE carbon foot print while flying to Florida to play



golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



LIE-beral hypocrisy is KILLING the re-election hope of Our idiot Boy Justin and his loser LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
EagleSmack
#813
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ==


Actually I think you are wrong about that- I think a lot of people do care about the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


They do not care about so called Climate Change. Publicly they may say it is a real problem because they do not want a hysterical and unbalanced libtard freaking out.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
#814
Canada to stiffen emissions target by 2020

More talk except for this part I don't agree with

Quote:

In preparation for setting new targets, Canada is launching a new climate-change institute. The research and policy body is supposed to open within the next year to advise the government on how its existing policies are working and what else should be done. The government plans to give it $20 million over five years.
Abreu said she wants the institute to be more than just another think-tank; she wants it to be the organization that assesses Canada's progress in meeting its emissions targets. Thirty-three members of the Climate Action Network wrote to McKenna and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week asking them to set emissions targets in binding legislation that would not only compel the government to hit targets, but make backing out more difficult for future governments.

 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#815
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Canada to stiffen emissions target by 2020

More talk except for this part I don't agree with

And how are we to do that if we bring 300,000 carbon producing immigrants into our country per year ?
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#816
The new $20 Million dollar think tank will figure that out
 
EagleSmack
+1
#817
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Canada to stiffen emissions target by 2020

More talk except for this part I don't agree with


What makes you think they are going to do any more than they have been doing? Trudeau and the Liberal Government has missed all of their targets.


They've now kicked the can down the road... again.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#818
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

What makes you think they are going to do any more than they have been doing? Trudeau and the Liberal Government has missed all of their targets.


They've now kicked the can down the road... again.

And they will keep kicking it , all the while gleefully collecting a carbon tax .
 
DaSleeper
+2
#819
And carbon traders are making a fortune......
https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#57cbab7e32dc
 
spilledthebeer
#820
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

They do not care about so called Climate Change. Publicly they may say it is a real problem because they do not want a hysterical and unbalanced libtard freaking out.


================================================== ================================================== ====


Oh...........you make my point.................LIE-beral environmental policy is all ABOUT GRABBING GRAVY for civil service union Hogs and other LIE-beral allies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The LIE-beral carbon crap and trade scam has nothing to do with the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This is the major reason why Cdns do not support it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We do not like govt greed or harmful Fakery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Cdns and others- including the tens of thousands of people currently rioting in France over the cost of living- driven by carbon taxes- have recognized that the carbon crap only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Let me suggest that a govt that wanted to cut back on gravy for Hogs -so they would fly in air planes less often would NOT be so scorned as LIE-berals are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WE have the SOLID evidence that air planes are the single biggest driver of air pollution on the planet- and we have the solid



evidence that in all western societies- Hogs are the highest paid workers and we have the solid evidence that the more money you



have then the bigger is your carbon foot print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Therefore we can conclude that LIE-berals BORROWING MONEY to BUY Hog votes- is the BIGGEST DRIVER of global warming!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-beral policy is so TWISTED that it is destroying our economy with debt and devastating our environment by feeding so much gravy to the carbon fueled Hog lifestyle with its rich array of gas guzzling TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
MHz
#821
Hey Mister!!, why does he get a condensed post???
 
MHz
#822
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And carbon traders are making a fortune......
https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#57cbab7e32dc

Names and addresses, . . . . I have some restless Guards here.
 
EagleSmack
+2
#823
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

And they will keep kicking it , all the while gleefully collecting a carbon tax .


The tax is what the Climate Change Crisis is all about.



But Canada is not alone. The voters in state of Washington (which is a Blue State) has for the second time in two election cycles shot down a state wide carbon tax. It seems that Climate Change is hip to talk about but when you really get down to it, hardly anyone is concerned.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#824
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

And they will keep kicking it , all the while gleefully collecting a carbon tax .


Yep, but I suppose there is one fact we can't avoid, some change is needed starting now and it IS going to cost money. However there is one OTHER fact that all the pundits can't seem to get through their thick heads. We will NOT be getting away from the use of petroleum in the next hundred years! Electricity can do a lot of things, but it doesn't make a good lubricant.
 
MHz
#825
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

The tax is what the Climate Change Crisis is all about.
But Canada is not alone. The voters in state of Washington (which is a Blue State) has for the second time in two election cycles shot down a state wide carbon tax. It seems that Climate Change is hip to talk about but when you really get down to it, hardly anyone is concerned.

Telling Canadian to get ready for a cold winter changes what exactly?? Snow tire a week earlier, tire chains instead of a tow-truck. How can anybody adapt to such extreme changes in the climate.

My whole contribution, hot water soak so my toque, sorry 'woolen fedora' fits tighter in the blizzards. Melting the drifts in my bath water seems a bit extreme at this point in time.
 
spilledthebeer
#826
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Telling Canadian to get ready for a cold winter changes what exactly?? Snow tire a week earlier, tire chains instead of a tow-truck. How can anybody adapt to such extreme changes in the climate.

My whole contribution, hot water soak so my toque, sorry 'woolen fedora' fits tighter in the blizzards. Melting the drifts in my bath water seems a bit extreme at this point in time.


================================================== ================================================== ====


POOR FOOLISH MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



He misses the entire point about LIE-beral carbon crap and trade scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was NEVER about the climate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is ONLY about gouging CASH OUT OF TAXPAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Here is an article illustrating what a foolish air head our federal Climate Minister McKenna is! No wonder she is scornfully referred to as “Climate Barbie”! And just like her plastic toy namesake- she DOES NOT come with any accessories! The public must pay EXTRA for all the carbon credits that Climate Barbie needs to play well!

The article has some comments of my own in brackets):

Minister wrong on carbon pricing and growth in Ontario

By Ben Eisen

Published: October 23, 2018. Updated: October 23, 2018 6:31 PM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

This week, the Trudeau government announced plans to impose a carbon tax on provinces (including Ontario) whose governments are not currently planning to implement a tax themselves.

Prior to the announcement, Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna tweeted her criticism of the Ford government in Ontario for being one of the provincial governments not implementing its own carbon price.

Specifically, she blasted the Ford government’s decision to scrap the cap-and-trade program — implement by former premier Kathleen Wynne which would have made a federal tax in Ontario unnecessary under Ottawa’s rules — claiming the decision would hurt Ontario’s economic growth prospects.

(Cdn LIE-berals are like Soviet dictators- rhey cannot tolerate ANY DISSENT from party orthodoxy! That the public recognizes that LIE-beral carbon taxes only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air simply encourages LIE-berals to spew more deceptive propaganda to defend their hypocrite position!)

McKenna told the Ford government “if you don’t have a plan to fight climate change, you don’t have a plan to grow the economy.” In short, McKenna suggests that taxing carbon emissions helps the economy grow and, in fact, that doing so is essential for a viable economic strategy.

(LIE-berals have yet to explain how making it hard to heat houses in winter or get fruit and vegetables trucked into Canada in winter will grow our economy! Nor have LIE-berals explained how looting tax payers with carbon crap deals- so they have no money to save for old age- will benefit the public in any real way!)

(That ALL the carbon crap tax revenue is being given to civil service union Hogs to buy their votes for LIE-berals- is seen by the public as nothing more than MASSIVE LIE-beral GREED!)

The minister is simply factually incorrect on this point. There’s no compelling evidence that carbon taxes, cap-and-trade or similar policies would help accelerate economic growth in Ontario, let alone that such policies are necessary for a successful growth strategy. In fact, the best available evidence suggests, holding all else equal, that carbon pricing would slow the rate of economic growth — not speed it up.

Consider a recent report from Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission, one of the leading proponents of carbon pricing, which finds that no matter how you slice it, a carbon price will slow the rate of economic growth relative to no new action on emissions. According to the same report, this slowdown could be substantially mitigated by choosing the most economically-efficient way to recycle the revenue from carbon pricing (i.e. cut corporate taxes), but the directional effect is still downward.

(Cut corporate taxes? The horror! LIE-berals want corporate taxes RAISED so that LIE-berals will have new sources of revenue to pay for the hordes of illegals they are bringing into Canada- with most of the illegals being in dire need of long term govt aid if they are to survive here!)

(But LIE-berals are so desperate or votes they are willing to promise anything now and figure out how to PAY LATER! Civil service Hogs are enraged that illegals are eating into the supply of govt gravy that Hogs claim as their own- hence the frantic short term need for new revenue- at any long term cost!)

What’s more, historical evidence from Canada suggests governments are unlikely to actually employ the most economically-efficient revenue recycling options, choosing instead to use the money to issue rebates that don’t influence economic incentives and/or to fund “green” initiatives.

(LIE-berals are caught in their own hypocrisy! Civil service Hogs EXPECT to be immune to the lief style limiting effects of a crbon tax! So as carbon taxes drive up the cost of everything- the already HUGE Hog demand for more gravy grows even faster and it is Hog greed that is driving all govt debts!)

(As the most wealthy members of Cdn society- Hogs also have the generally largest carbon foot prints- and since one Cdn in three works for govt- the need for Hog gravy is crippling our economy!)

(LIE-berals have issued IMMENSE pension IOU`s to Hogs- fifty five Billion dollars to OSSTF- our Ontari-owe high school teachers- with EIGHTEEN other Ontari-owe unions waiting or their promised gravy! The consider the many hundreds of billions- YES- BILLIONS - of dollars in pension promises made by the other levels of govt to their respective union Hogs and it is easy to see why LIE-berals desperately need new revenue!)

Indeed, the Trudeau government’s new plan for revenue recycling relies on rebates to households instead of reductions in tax rates, which would do more to reduce the economic costs of carbon pricing. But make no mistake — even with the very best revenue recycling options, the preponderance of evidence suggests pricing carbon in Ontario would still negatively affect economic growth.

(Even in this rebate idea- which is a LIE-beral recognition of public hostility to their carbon crap- LIE-berals scheme to get ahead! By creating a new bureaucracy to hand out the rebates- they create more work for their Hog allies- who will depend utterly on LIE-berls for their jobs! It is vote buying on a shameless scale!)

None of this is to say moderate carbon pricing is inconsistent with economic growth in Ontario, but the minister’s suggestion—that it’s necessary for robust growth—is simply wrong. Ontario’s economy can grow with or without a price on carbon, and the best evidence suggests it will grow faster without one.

(A tax is a tax- and we do need to pay some tax- but there is the deal- we are being crippled by taxes that are reaching beyond what we can pay! One has only to look at our rising debts and crumbling infrastructure to recognize we do not have enough money to indulge LIE-berals as they desire! If our economy is booming as LIE-berals claim- then why is there so much debt?)

The arguments for and against carbon pricing should be based on facts and data — not hyperbolic and flatly incorrect claims on Twitter. Given McKenna’s position and stature, and the weight attached by so many to her words, she should correct the record on this point.

(Every point made by the likes of Climate Barbie are selected specifically to support grossly selfish LIE-beral policy that is focused only on getting re-elected at any price! LIE-berals care only about the here and now- they figure tomorrow can look after its own debts!)

Ben Eisen is a senior fellow with the Fraser Institute’s Ontario Prosperity Initiative.
 
spilledthebeer
#827
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And carbon traders are making a fortune......
https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe.../#57cbab7e32dc


================================================== ================================================== ====


IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The ONLY carbon traders in Canada work for LIE-beral GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And now we are back to the TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The LIE-beral carbon crap and trade scam is all about getting LIE-berals the gravy they need to BUY VOTES and cling to power at any price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The natural world can die screaming for all LIE-berals care- just so long as THEY GET THE POWER AND GRAVY they feel ENTITLED TOO HAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Greenhouse gas emissions are STILL RISING IN British Columbia in spite of that province having had a carbon crap tax for several years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And there are more cars registered to drive on B.C. roads than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And in France where their carbon crap and trade scam has driven a 25 percent rise in fuel costs and a corresponding HUGE JUMP in living costs- the French govt is now facing unprecedented waves of rioting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


IN fact the general European experience with carbon crap and trade scams for the past 15 years is that it most fully benefits THIEVES AND CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you enjoy living under the thumb of tax mad govt and are comfortable seeing your pay cheques and your employer LOOTED by fraud and cheating then you will LOVE Carbon crap and trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Carbon crap and trade has been PROVEN to only clean cash from wallets- and it leaves the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
spilledthebeer
#828
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Hey Mister!!, why does he get a condensed post???


================================================== ================================================== ====


Sometimes I dont feel like being insightful, eloquent, logical and informative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But you seem always to be DELUSIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#829
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yep, but I suppose there is one fact we can't avoid, some change is needed starting now and it IS going to cost money. However there is one OTHER fact that all the pundits can't seem to get through their thick heads. We will NOT be getting away from the use of petroleum in the next hundred years! Electricity can do a lot of things, but it doesn't make a good lubricant.

We can always go back to whale oil .
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#830
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

We can always go back to whale oil .

Environmentally friendly green renewable whale oil? The stuff David Suzuki's bus runs on?
 
spilledthebeer
#831
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

We can always go back to whale oil .


================================================== ================================================== ====


SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


YOU ARE MISTAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


ONLY LIE-berals think it costs money to go green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All we have to do is rein in the govt gravy train that is throwing so very much money at civil service union Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By cutting back on the gravy train- WE SAVE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By cutting back on gravy for Hogs -they FLY less often in filthy, environment altering air planes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then we use the SAVED MONEY to repair and replace our aging infrastructure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Something like a TRILLION LITRES of fresh drinking water leaks out of Cdn govt owned water pipes EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Think of it- all that ELECTRICITY USED to pump water to treatment plants, to filter it, to decontaminate it and then to pump it PART



WAY to your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And then that filtered and sanitized water LEAKS OUT of some worn out pipe and is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And then govt Hogs come out on an emergency basis- getting time and a half or double time pay- and driving their heavy trucks and towing their back hoe and all the assorted gear they need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the DIESEL ENGINES are fired up and the repair is made............while traffic is blocked and diverted for miles around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And then they come back and do the whole thing again a few months later as the NEXT section of pipe breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The current water pipe mess is penny wise and pound foolish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In the next few years- ALL that repaired pipe will end up being ripped out and replaced anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berls who insist that going green will COST MONEY - are the SAME LIARS who want to PRETEND that their carbon crap and trade SCAM will somehow save the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And how many LIES will LIE-berals tell about the environment????????????????????


AS many LIES as it takes to keep THEIR GRAVY FLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Somebody should remind LIE-berals that the Paris Accord was supposed to HELP the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But now here we are- and the same LIARS ARE TELLING us that the Pari Accord is USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And that we must take much more DRASTIC ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So okay then- lets assume the LIE-beral LIARS are right for once- lets make a list of things we need and things we dont need!



WE NEED TO HEAT OUR HOMES AND HAVE HOT WATER FOR CLEANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If we cannot keep warm and sanitary then our health will SUFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But do civil service union Hogs NEED to fly to Florida for some golf in January??????????????


Will Hogs DIE if they cannot play golf in January?????????????????


NO they will NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Therefore air planes are DISPOSABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



But heat and light are NECESSITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our public transit is worn out and overloaded- this is FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If everybody was forced out of their cars and onto transit - it would immediately COLLAPSE under the new loads imposed on it!!!!!!!!!!!


Therefore- for the forseeable future -cars are a NECESSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But lets ask about sea-doos and atv`s and snow mobiles- are they a NECESSITY for weekend fun?????????????????


Can we survive without motorized TOYS in Muskoka??????????????


Why YES WE CAN survive without those motorized toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


There are many people living in Canada who have NEVER RIDDEN SUCH A MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And they have NOT died from being deprived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Nor will Hogs die if their gas guzzling TOYS are taken away from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


See how easy it is to save the environment - AND SAVE MONEY TOO - if only we compel LIE-berals to stop LYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


All we need to do is make some HONEST CHOICES about what we REALLY NEED AND CAN REALLY AFFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals are in shrieking hysteria mode about the environment simply because ALL their policies are in DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And LIE-berals see the DOOM of political defeat and social oblivion approaching them swiftly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So they shriek and howl and whine their poisoned environmental LIES with ever greater panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The LIE-beral carbon crap and trade tax ONLY leans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And LIE-berals want to DISTRACT us from that hard TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
EagleSmack
#832
Canadian cities woefully unprepared for effects of climate change


http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadia...tudy-1.4201312




All these years and Canada still has not done a thing about Climate Change preparedness.



I suppose it just isn't a priority.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#833
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Canadian cities woefully unprepared for effects of climate change


http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadia...tudy-1.4201312




All these years and Canada still has not done a thing about Climate Change preparedness.



I suppose it just isn't a priority.


The biggest problem is figuring out what plan to put together! What is the duration to be of what is happening and what will be the severity?. Quite often When Mother Nature has a hand in things they straighten themselves eventually. Like I've said before the best we can do at the moment is just clean up the garbage and keep things neat and tidy. Quit dumping shit in the water and keep the logging to small patches.
 
spilledthebeer
#834
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The biggest problem is figuring out what plan to put together! What is the duration to be of what is happening and what will be the severity?. Quite often When Mother Nature has a hand in things they straighten themselves eventually. Like I've said before the best we can do at the moment is just clean up the garbage and keep things neat and tidy. Quit dumping shit in the water and keep the logging to small patches.




================================================== ================================================== ===


POOR STUPID JLM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HE does not understand what LIE-berals SHOULD DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Like modernizing our ancient sewage treatment plants so they do not overflow and poison the lakes and rivers each time it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Like digging more storm water retention ponds so that the ever increasing amount of run off FROM ALL THE NEW BUILDINGS AND PARKING LOTS can be caught and released slowly so sewers and rivers do not overflow and food roads and buildings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Like replacing all the rotted out hydro transformers that keep catching fire when electrical demand is high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Gilgamesh
#835
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Good that he bailed, that will ensure he has a 2nd term.

Good that he bailed since the requirements are ridiculous and would take us back two centuries.

Which some people would like.

BTW someone tried to contact me personally but the message disappeared when I tried to open it.

Try again; or not
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#836
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

Good that he bailed since the requirements are ridiculous and would take us back two centuries.

Which some people would like.

BTW someone tried to contact me personally but the message disappeared when I tried to open it.

Try again; or not


================================================== ================================================== ====


IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our idiot Boy Justin DID NOT BAIL ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL CRAP HE HAS BEEN THROWING AT US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is merely becoming ENTIRELY OBVIOUS that the LIE-beral carbon crap and trade tax SCAM only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Just as the Europeans warned us it would!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Simply admitting- as LIE-berals have done - and admitting their carbon crap will not work to save the environment - and then



PRESSING ON WITH MORE CARBON CRAP is NOT equal to "bailing" as you foolishly claim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals remain DEDICATED to turning their carbon crap and trade scam into the BIGGEST ROBBERY OF CDN TAX PAYERS IN CDN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is for this reason- among others- such as regaining control of our borders and immigration policy that OUR IDIOT BOY and his loser



LIE-berals MUST BE DEFEATED in the 2019 election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Happily -the "silent majority" of Cdns- the 55 plus percent of Cdns who do not normally vote in any election seem to be getting provoked to great anger by LIE-berals and their FAILED POLICIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals are TERRIFIED that the silent majority will show up in huge numbers in 2019 and sweep all LIE-berals into the plitical TRASH HEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
EagleSmack
#837
Ottawa accused of undercutting climate change effort by subsidizing fossil fuels


http://globalnews.ca/news/4747646/ca...ctor-undercut/




*snicker*
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#838
Who should be on the hook to pay for this Carbon in taxes BC residents? Canadian Residents? or Mother Nature to pony up?

Gases bubbling out of B.C.'s Mount Meager

Quote:

Glyn Williams-Jones, a volcanologist from Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, B.C., has been studying the fumaroles, or gas venting, of water vapour, carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulphide from the volcano for about two years. He and his team of students are also examining the increased risk of landslides caused by receding glaciers on the volcano.

And they are trying to tie this volcanic activity on GW climate change FFS

Quote:

"The reason those fumaroles are coming, we believe now, is not because the volcano is more active but rather because of warming climate ... those glaciers have been getting thinner," he said. "There is this interplay between climate, ice-covered volcano and the response of those volcanoes."

Click the link for the full article
 
EagleSmack
+1
#839
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post



And they are trying to tie this volcanic activity on GW climate change FFS


Yes. Yes they are now blaming volcanic activity on Climate Change now. The climate change zealots will believe them too.