Ordering the Posties back to work

Danbones
Free Thinker
International Union of Painters and Allied Trades Ontario Council

Hoid
Worth noting the pretty much all delivery companies in Canada are union.

T-Force is unifor and they are about 90% of the competition

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

They used to belong to AFTA or somesuch back in the day .

Yeah, I heard there was a massive "MeToo" demonstration where strippers shocked the public by gathering in the square FULLY CLOTHED!

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Worth noting the pretty much all delivery companies in Canada are union.

T-Force is unifor and they are about 90% of the competition

Fed-ex , non union . Purolator non-union . Dynamix non-union .

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, I heard there was a massive "MeToo" demonstration where strippers shocked the public by gathering in the square FULLY CLOTHED!

Back in the 80ís and 90ís stripping was a big business here in lalaland . Every bar every day throughout the province .

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Fed-ex , non union . Purolator non-union . Dynamix non-union .

Fedex voted to join the teamsters this spring,

Purolator are PSAC same as the posties, and

Dynamex does not even exist anymore they were swallowed by TForce and that means they are now unifor.

A pleasure, as always, to correct your misunderstanding of the facts.

JamesBondo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

There comes a point where back to work legislation is necessary.

For government checks and etc, yes, I agree. But little johnny's Christmas present is not exactly an essential service.

Canada post might be the agent for government mail servces but it also does alot more.

I agree that is too complicated for me to decide what is essential and what is not essential...but if the government wants to legislate them back to 100% service then they should force the Canada Post corp to comply to mandatory mediators and then eventually mandatory mediator decisions.

Additionally, i am not without empathy for the online businesses that are suffering right now due to the christmas season sales being totally disrupted, but it is hardly something that can be considered an essential service.

Hoof Hearted
Purolator are PSAC same as the posties

A pleasure, as always, to correct your misunderstanding of the facts.

-Hoid

Canada Post's Union is CUPW...Canadian Union of Postal Workers.

PSAC is the Public Service Alliance of Canada.

Hoid
Are they both labor unions?

Hoof Hearted
I think PSAC is a white collar Union, while CUPW is more blue collar.

Hoid
so what would you make of this statement?

" Fed-ex , non union . Purolator non-union . Dynamix non-union ."

Hoof Hearted
I don't believe Fed-x and Purolator are unionized. I don't know about Dynamix...too lazy to google.

Hoid
believe it

btw its dynamex

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

I don't believe Fed-x and Purolator are unionized. I don't know about Dynamix...too lazy to google.

Purolator is. A couple of FedEx warehouses are.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

For government checks and etc, yes, I agree. But little johnny's Christmas present is not exactly an essential service.

Canada post might be the agent for government mail servces but it also does alot more.

I agree that is too complicated for me to decide what is essential and what is not essential...but if the government wants to legislate them back to 100% service then they should force the Canada Post corp to comply to mandatory mediators and then eventually mandatory mediator decisions.

Additionally, i am not without empathy for the online businesses that are suffering right now due to the christmas season sales being totally disrupted, but it is hardly something that can be considered an essential service.

Online business is definitely taking a beating. I have curtailed any ordering for Christmas. We often vilify unions, especially when their contract disputes affect us, perhaps that stems from the fact non-union folks are constantly getting the stook and find it tough to watch government employees asking for more.

Hoid
If online sales drop in Canada maybe in store sales will increase.

US Black Friday sales up 24% year over year to over $6 billion = traditional in store sales are down again, as always.

Hoid
+1
The Senate - a group of entirely worthless government leeches - just rubber-stamped the back to work order - completing the process of denying collective bargaining to posties.

I sincerely hope the posties escalate to a general strike tomorrow.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
Let them strike. If they feel they aren't getting a fair deal then they should be upset.

Corporations are screwing us the workers royally everyday these days so it's only inevitable people push back.

It's good too see that the postal workers have a strong union, unlike mine.

JamesBondo
looks like the grinch doesn't get to steal christmas

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

looks like the grinch doesn't get to steal christmas

I guess we will be receiving Christmas cards after all.

JamesBondo
I mailed one of those bubble envelopes with a 1 inch wide watch in it......it was too big for the slot so I had to pay a parcel price.

It costed $20 to ship across the country. This absolute fcking robbery considering the watch came from china with free shipping.

JamesBondo
there were more protests today. The police had to show up and disperse the crowd.