What does a Democrat majority in the House of Representatives mean for Canada?

White_Unifier
Though Trump ran as a Republican, his trade protectionism is more in line with the ideas of the stereotypical Democrat than with the stereotypical Republican. In other words, whereas a Republican House could have kept Trump's trade protectionism at least somewhat in check, a Democrat House may give Trump the power he needs to pursue even more aggressive protectionism, and that's not good for Canada if, for example, The House of Representatives decides that even the USMCA isn't protectionist enough for them to ratify it.

The silver lining I see in this is that while Trump and the House of Representatives might become more protectionist, the Senate, majority Republican, might be able to keep it somewhat in check, bearing in mind of course that US Republicans are only somewhat more free trade than their Democrat counterparts, but any good news is better than none for Canada right now.

Tecumsehsbones
Thank you for conceding that you think in stereotypes.

coldstream
Global Free Market Capitalism under the aegis of Free Trade and Monetarism has failed.. utterly and absolutely. It's failed for Canada. It is the reason for the polarization of wealth and for the devolution of the Canadian job market into poorly paid transient retail and service jobs.

We've handed our economic destiny to a limp wristed weakling who has sold out our national potential to moral, economic and cultural degenerate cults. He is one of a generation of failed Canadian leadership.

We have and will prosper in a world economy defined by nation states trading in value added product, and economies dedicated to national, sovereign, integrated, industrial and agricultural economies, and, equitably shared prosperity.

So i hope Trump can find some common ground with the Democrtic nationalists, while not caving to the moral fragmentation of the left. Somehow Canada is going to have to find the same path.
Last edited by coldstream; Nov 7th, 2018 at 02:44 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

Global Free Market Capitalism under the aegis of Free Trade and Monetarism has failed.. utterly and absolutely. It's failed for Canada. It is the reason for the polarization of wealth and for the devolution of the Canadian job market into poorly paid transient retail and service jobs.
We've handed our economic destiny to a limp wristed weakling whose sold out our national potential to moral, economic and cultural degenerate cults.
We have and will prosper in a world economy defined by nation states trading in value added product, and economies dedicated to national, sovereign, integrated, industrial and agricultural economies. So i hope Trump can find some common ground with the Democrtic nationalists, while not caving to the moral fragmentation of the left.
Somehow Canada is going to have to find the same path.

Speaking of thinking in stereotypes. Not to mention the silly-ass improper capitalization that is the hallmark of the ill-educated imbecile.

coldstream
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Speaking of thinking in stereotypes. Not to mention the silly-ass improper capitalization that is the hallmark of the ill-educated imbecile.

VeRy PooR Netiquette, agaIn T-Bones. YOu are sHOwing youR appalligly poOr upbrinGing and mAnners agAin. HopE mY New cApitaliZation strategY in moRe to yOur likinG.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

VeRy PooR Netiquette, agaIn T-Bones. YOu are sHOwing youR appalligly poOr upbrinGing and mAnners agAin. HopE mY New cApitaliZation strategY in moRe to yOur likinG.

You have occasional flashes of good sense and sound morals. Too bad they get lost in the ignorant, terrified horseshit that makes up most of your personality.

coldstream
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You have occasional flashes of good sense and sound morals. Too bad they get lost in the ignorant, terrified horseshit that makes up most of your personality.

I suppose i could take that as an insult. But given its source, character and, perspective, i'll take it as a compliment.

MHz
He said the same thing about me, he obviously some sort of slut.

JamesBondo
. . . .