Who to vote for in Canadian federal election in 2019?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

So I get it reduce our wage because it is just a number on a piece of paper to be competitive with a foreign countries number on a piece of paper no real change OK gotcha

As the cost of living drops, you are absolutely correct. Government-legislated increases without any commensurate increase in efficiency just pushes prices up: the dog chasing its tail.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Never happen as the taxpayers are under increasing pressure to finance the wasteful Gov. and the have nots want more crowd.

MHz
Since you would qualify as one of the ones that have been guarding the hen house it seems to mean you are incredibly piss poor at that task or your outrage is as fake as it sounds and you are part of the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbACCGf6q-c&t=68s

his 2009 entertaining documentary film explores the history of banking, the selling out of the prosperity of Canada, the clearance sale of Canadian businesses and the political liquidation of public infrastructures to the multi-national corporate oligarchy. How has this led to the biggest economic crash / recession / depression in Canadian history? Could it have something to do with our politicians listening to international bankers and corporations instead of the people Canada? How does the Canadian banking system really work? How does the central Bank of Canada compare with the American Federal Reserve? This movie presents these issues that affect every Canadian from the perspective of and delivered by concerned youth in a astute and colourful manner. This is a serious journalism piece that asks the tough questions directly to such politicians as Former Prime Minister of Canada Paul Martin, Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty, Green Party Leader Elizabeth May, Ontario Gas Man Dan McTeague, NDP Leader Jack Layton, Mayor of Oshawa John Gray, Former Prime Minister of Canada John Turner and many more!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Did I not say wasteful Gov.? What part don't I understand? A bigger waste than some Bank theory you have is Welfare abuse, crack down on it put a limit how long one can be put on it without finding a job. It was originally set up to help a person that hit hard times to get back up and get back out into the workforce. Not the 10's of Billions of dollars industry it morphed into where people have figured out how to exploit it into a family financial plan passed on from generation to generation.

White_Unifier

Did I not say wasteful Gov.? What part don't I understand? A bigger waste than some Bank theory you have is Welfare abuse, crack down on it put a limit how long one can be put on it without finding a job. It was originally set up to help a person that hit hard times to get back up and get back out into the workforce. Not the 10's of Billions of dollars industry it morphed into where people have figured out how to exploit it into a family financial plan passed on from generation to generation.

Disability aside, we should replace social assistance with a Canadian Peace Corps. You sign up for the training period plus five years after that, it teaches you a trade or profession, and then puts you to work at slightly below the market rate for the work you're doing so as to give you an incentive to find the same or better work in the private sector.

It would be a win win: the government gets cheap labour and the applicant gets education and experience.

Decapoda
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

I watch the current barrage of "Ain't I a great guy?" TV commercials being mounted by Mr. Scheer and I think "Could this guy come across as any less sincere?"

Could it possibly be any worse than the infuriatingly pretentious, condescending tone that Trudeau subjects us to when he lectures to us that he's imposing a carbon tax for our own good, because we're all a bunch of lazy procrastinators who hate the environment so he has to kick us all in the balls with a new tax? Could anything be be more galling than that?

I listened to part of Trudeau's carbon tax speech this morning (the English part...that came after the french part...even though 4 in 5 people in this country don't speak french as their native language), and I had a hard time sitting through it without cringing at every other smug, pompous word. It's not what he says so much as how he says it...no, actually...it's both.

One thing's for sure...we will see in 12 months how tolerant, gullible or malleable Canadians are in general. If people buy this load of shit and give this clown another mandate, we as Canadians deserve exactly what's coming to us.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Disability aside, we should replace social assistance with a Canadian Peace Corps. You sign up for the training period plus five years after that, it teaches you a trade or profession, and then puts you to work at slightly below the market rate for the work you're doing so as to give you an incentive to find the same or better work in the private sector.
It would be a win win: the government gets cheap labour and the applicant gets education and experience.

Actually not a bad idea, who will finance this Peace Corps?

White_Unifier

Actually not a bad idea, who will finance this Peace Corps?

The same taxpayer who presently finances social assistance, but at least:

1. We'd be getting something in return for the investment, and

2. Would be giving people a hand up that they might actually appreciate rather than just contemptuously throwing money at them without actually helping them up.

In the short term, it would actually be more expensive than now since paying social assistance is less expensive than providing actual education. In the long run though, many of them would enter the work force and earn higher wages and probably not return to social assistance. Plus we'd get work out of them for different government projects meaning that we could then reduce the civil service.

The Canadian Peace Corps could also contract out to the provinces for any work that they need done.

MHz

How do you expect to have 100% of the people working 100% of the time. Canada should be able to survive with 14% working and 85% on Social Services and not be classified as a useless eater when the rich throw away more food in a day than the ones on welfare eat.

How about go on the welfate a migrant would get and be dumped in downtown TO and a year later you write up a report. Do you think it would say they are living too high on the hog and cute need to be made or you bail after 30 days as it is so horrible?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
So an 18% workforce is fair? How about an 85% taxpaying workforce and take some of the burden off the 40% that are paying all the bills now? Why are we importing workers when we have 60% sitting waiting for a Gov. check?

White_Unifier

So an 18% workforce is fair? How about an 85% taxpaying workforce and take some of the burden off the 40% that are paying all the bills now? Why are we importing workers when we have 60% sitting waiting for a Gov. check?

That's one problem. the government says we need immigrants due to a labour shortage and the unemployed lacking the skills to fill the positions. Well, why not train the unemployed to give them the necessary qualifications to fill those positions?

I'm not saying it has to be one or the other: the two can in fact work together. For example, allow qualified foreigners in to fill the positions, work, and pay taxes which in turn could help pay to educate unemployed Canadians. That way, it all forms a part of a symbiotic relationship: the foreigner gets what he wants (to work in Canada), the government gets what it wants (an expanding tax base),a and the unemployed Canadian gets what he wants (literacy, trades, and professional education and maybe addiction therapy to get him back into the workforce). That way, everyone gets what he wants and everyone is happy.

Durry
+3
Heaven save us from Trudeau!!

It is hard to stay out of the political realm but this guy has made
that impossible. Here is a short list to remind Canada why we should
have never elected a cute rich kid who has never really worked in his
life:

-At the G7 he pledged $400 Million to Education around the world along
with another $180 Million to the Global Partnership for Education in
Europe. None of it is going to fix our messed up school systems here
at home. Meanwhile education cost are skyrocketing for our youth
making university a mountain too high for many to climb.

-He pledged $241 Million to Family Planning around the world including
a $20 Million donation to the Bill and Hillary Clinton Foundation
(cause they have integrity!). This all happened while he told vets
that they were asking too much.

-He pledged $2.65 Billion to climate change at the Commonwealth
Leaders Summit and now he is trying to bully the provinces into new
taxes to pay for this pledge.

-He pledged $300 Million to the Rohingya Refugee crisis while we have
a refugee crisis of our own flooding into Quebec that he won't
address.

-He pledged $125 Million to Caribbean Reconstruction while our own
infrastructure in cities is falling apart.

-He pledged $650 million to Sexual and Reproductive health in Haiti
and around the globe wanting safer abortions for woman while many
woman in our own country are left without a family doctor.

-He has pledged $50 million to Palestine for flood relief when NB had
some of the worst flooding in decades this past spring.

-He pledged $840 million to Syria for Humanitarian Assistance when
half the native reserves in our country don't have clean drinking
water.

-He gave $10.5 Million to a convicted...CONVICTED terrorist in a
backroom deal that has lead to another $30.8 Million payed out for
three other fellers who say they were wrongfully detained.

-And just recently he spent $4.5 Billion on a pipeline
and now the courts have ruled it shut down. Good investment for Canada he said.

THAT IS OVER $10 BILLION DOLLARS...and none of it stays in our
country. None. Excuse me...except the 4.5 Billion dollar pipeline that
cannot be built And he isn't even done? We have another year of this.

Please Canada...Don't re-elect this selfie obsessed picture hound. I
really can't take much more of it.( The law abiding Gun owners that he
is going after and the mess that will take place on our roads because of his legal weed.)

He has made a mess in three years...and we still has a year to go.
Please Canada..don't get it wrong again in 2019!

Twin_Moose
Conservative

The same taxpayer who presently finances social assistance, but at least:
1. We'd be getting something in return for the investment, and
2. Would be giving people a hand up that they might actually appreciate rather than just contemptuously throwing money at them without actually helping them up.
In the short term, it would actually be more expensive than now since paying social assistance is less expensive than providing actual education. In the long run though, many of them would enter the work force and earn higher wages and probably not return to social assistance. Plus we'd get work out of them for different government projects meaning that we could then reduce the civil service.
The Canadian Peace Corps could also contract out to the provinces for any work that they need done.

So after the Peace Corps and they don't get a job do we get to cut them off?

White_Unifier

So after the Peace Corps and they don't get a job do we get to cut them off?

Given that they'd earn less than for equal work in the private sector, why would they even want to remain in the Peace Corps if the contract expires?

Assuming he still can't find work, then we continue to make him work at below market rate if that's what he really wants to do. That would save the taxpayer money in infrastructure construction, etc. Of course the Corps would not be unionized and would not be allowed to unionize either.

spilledthebeer

Given that they'd earn less than for equal work in the private sector, why would they even want to remain in the Peace Corps if the contract expires?

Assuming he still can't find work, then we continue to make him work at below market rate if that's what he really wants to do. That would save the taxpayer money in infrastructure construction, etc. Of course the Corps would not be unionized and would not be allowed to unionize either.

================================================== ================================================== ====

Hey Durry- that is a fine summary of LIE-beral WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy REALLY.......you MUST ADD in the 2 billion dollars in carbon creddits he buys each year from Viet Nam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What ARE these carbon credits?????????????????

How do they benefit us in any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they clean the air in any way?????????????

Where do LIE-berals store them???????????????????

Halloween is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should drop in at the end of the month and get the Ghost of Rideau Hall to show us these costly LIE-beral carbon ILLUSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure a phantasmagorical explanation from a phantom would be as coherent as anything offered by a LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White_Unifier
aa.org

MHz

Why do care as long as your bank account grows every year you are working or do you want it to grow after as well?? In high unemployment times retirement should be at 45.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why do care as long as your bank account grows every year you are working or do you want it to grow after as well?? In high unemployment times retirement should be at 45.

================================================== ================================================== ===

Oh POOR MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time you comment- you reveal more fully how little you know about ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative

I care because I'm one of the 18% If I could keep most of the money I make I may have been able to retire at your 45 target letting someone else take my place in the work force. Isn't that fair for everyone?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ===

Oh POOR MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time you comment- you reveal more fully how little you know about ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

The local collective is supposed to be the smart ones yet at every turn since I joined this site they have shown themselves to be much worse that the ones they claim are causing all the problems. That make the value of what you say about worth as much as a box of nails. By the time I check the info out for verification it turns into nothing but a lie.

It isn't like you can't smear Indians and Muslims here and get a few thumbs up for doing it at the same time. That doesn't make you moral, it makes you immoral. You cannot be a god fearing person and ditch the NT as being an ungodly document.

BTW, it is the collective that is out of ammo rather than it being me.

MHz

I care because I'm one of the 18% If I could keep most of the money I make I may have been able to retire at your 45 target letting someone else take my place in the work force. Isn't that fair for everyone?

Sounds like a baby-boomer all right. Live high on the hog from birth to the grave and not question why before and after this one generation that goal was never there and it looks like it never will be again.

If the only affluent times for the 'masses' takes 2 WW's and 100M dead gentiles then we need new management rather than given those same people even more control. They are the sane ones Right and the people are just 'difficult'.

Do you know how low your IQ has to be to take that in as a fact?

spilledthebeer

The local collective is supposed to be the smart ones yet at every turn since I joined this site they have shown themselves to be much worse that the ones they claim are causing all the problems. That make the value of what you say about worth as much as a box of nails. By the time I check the info out for verification it turns into nothing but a lie.

It isn't like you can't smear Indians and Muslims here and get a few thumbs up for doing it at the same time. That doesn't make you moral, it makes you immoral. You cannot be a god fearing person and ditch the NT as being an ungodly document.

BTW, it is the collective that is out of ammo rather than it being me.

================================================== ================================================== ====

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz???????????????????????????

HAVE YOU CHECKED THE PRICE OF NAILS RECENTLY??????????????????????????????

Apparently you are not allowed out of the group home to roam the aisles of Home Depot?????????????????

NO doubt your keepers want to steer you away from blunt instruments and sharp objects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go tell your keeper that your meds are wearing off and you need another hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesBondo
. . . .